*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Game feels like it's in a good spot now, we just desperately need some more content.

There seems to be more players on the featured Portal modes now than there was at launch which has definitely helped make it feel like we have 'more' maps - but it definitely is a shame that we don't have a few of the Portal maps in AOW. Maps like Arica Harbor, Valparaiso, Caspian Border, Noshahr Canals are actually so good - and adding 4 more maps to the AOW map pool would be great.

El Alamein was a terrible map in 1942 is a terrible map now.

Caporegime
El Al + BF1942 + DC mod (anyone remember that?) was where it was at.
Aye desert combat, most of who were hired by dice to help on bf2, then they got canned shortly after release if they didn't want to move to Sweden.

Back when game engines were simpler and had mod tools, not like now where a lot of engines are locked down so they can dry **** you with dlc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Desert Combat was great. The choppers were a real handful to fly rather than being easy mode. I remember being one of the few people able to actually fly them properly haha!

Took a while to get used to the copters but pretty easy with a bit of offline practice in them. They had so much planned for that mod, then got lured to work for dice and so much of it went unfinished. An f117 stealth was an aircraft that was going to be added but afaik never did with the devs going to dice.

Reactions: kdd
Caporegime
I've really enjoyed Battlefield 2042 for the most part even with it's bugs and flaws, but this last week I've had enough.. Or shall I say our team has had enough!

- Pressing E to eject from a vehicle doesn't always work
- Parachute doesn't always open, in COD Warzone it's instant
- Bullets not registering even with a good ping
- Condors are way over powered and too op! They take too much damage, can chase jets and when there's two it's ridiculous! ( The Russians don't have this ability just a standard sluggish helicopter )
- The lack of cover was bad before, but it's even worse now ( Condor spam )
- Replaying the same maps over and over and over again! ( I haven't played Orbital in over two weeks, even with quitting out and trying again )

Soldato
I've been (trying) to play the game with my new setup, which includes an RTX 3080 (stock) with i7 11700F, running at 1440p and no matter what I do FPS sits around ~40FPS. Irrespective of what graphical options I choose, from LOW / Ultra and everything in between. I also note that GPU usage maxes at interim screens, between play, but drops to around ~50% during actual game-play (CPU ~60%).

What gives?!

Soldato
Brokenfeild or Battlefail.
With the player base where it is now doubt they'll even bother to fix it.
Hope all the people that worked on that fail to get work in the games industry again.

On the other hand WW3 is being tuted as what 2042 should have been, plays better in the closed beta than 2042 did on release - or even now. Only BF game I didn't buy as the 2 prior were rubbish aswell.

Dunno why they dont just redo BF2/BF3 with updated gfx, don't change the game at all - they'd make a mint by not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Caporegime
Brokenfeild or Battlefail.
With the player base where it is now doubt they'll even bother to fix it.
Hope all the people that worked on that fail to get work in the games industry again.

On the other hand WW3 is being tuted as what 2042 should have been, plays better in the closed beta than 2042 did on release - or even now. Only BF game I didn't buy as the 2 prior were rubbish aswell.

Dunno why they dont just redo BF2/BF3 with updated gfx, don't change the game at all - they'd make a mint by not trying to reinvent the wheel.

It'll get some updates then they'll get less frequent then it'll be dead. By far the most pathetic shambles of a game dice have ever released.

The future doesn't bode well for this franchise with this mob of devs at the helm. You could say bf4 released in a ropey state but at its core it was still a battlefield game and improved vastly after a few updates (though it should never have released in that state), this on the other hand is some ropey clash of different "trend of the moment" game mechanics masquerading as a battlefield game.

And I'm glad to say it failed miserably, a wake up call for the incompetent chimps at EA thay one of their cash cows is in danger of running dry if they put out another piece of **** like this again.

Caporegime
It can't be rescued they should give up and concentrate on the next BF

That's already occurring, word is a lot of the team have moved on to work on the next early access laughing stock and it's basically a skeleton team keeping this pos on life support.

If ea had any decency they'd offer refunds, but that's not gonna happen. They'd prefer to keep whipping 5 people to continue to update this for a year before silently killing it off.

Soldato
Can you get a refund on a film if you watch it and you think it’s a pile of kack?

May I suggest an Origin subscription to avoid the need for a refund?

Obv I’m biased still playing and SO14 and no use of bot servers to do it :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom