1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by currantloaf, 18 Jul 2014.

1. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

Good grief but you are an idiot.

AJ went in with the complete wrong plan. He should have the best coaches and training money can buy but that was just stupid. He must have know his opponents technical ability and his endurance but decided against bringing it to him.

He will take the rematch. Win or lose he just needs to choose the right tactics and it will be a much closer fight.

2. Doobedoo

Mobster

Plenty of them on here by the looks of it.

Usyk is good no doubt about it but he can be beaten. One thing you can’t say about Aj is that he ducks anyone and even when he loses he takes it like a man, no excuses, no nonsense just gets on with it.

How people can’t respect that is beyond me.

3. Doobedoo

Mobster

Lol sorry but you tried to be a smart arse but you failed.

4. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

Doobedoo didn't take you long to get on the offensive, think AJ needs you in the corner team.

Not sure what your point is other than for some reason really digging into me.

5. Locky

Capodecina

AJ's corner thrown the towel in thats why the bell rang early..

6. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Locky in chatting **** shocker!

7. Locky

Capodecina

8. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Yh rly.
    It's been debunked multiple times. The onscreen timer was out of sync, but the round did last the full 3 mins. Go look for yourself.

Sure, if it had continued for another 20s-30ecs or so, AJ would likely have been on his arse.

9. Locky

Capodecina

Then why was the towel waving away?

10. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Waving is not throwing and the fact remains that the round did go the full 3 minutes.

Yeah, he was obviously in trouble and they probably did want to stop it - and likely would have if it had gone on for slightly longer, but that's not what happened.

11. Doobedoo

Mobster

Dude your seeing what you want to see. Aj was tired but I wouldn’t say he was in a huge amount of trouble. He was on his feet dodging and weaving.

12. Eddie

Soldato

Going to have to disagree with that, a few more seconds and he was down imo, it looked like the ropes were holding him up.

13. Doobedoo

Mobster

We can agree to disagree. I saw Usyk miss far more than he connected because Aj was weaving making him miss then hit him with a jab as the bell rang.

I was a bit like when whyte caught him and everyone massively overplayed how hurt he was. But each to their own.

Also did you see the state of Usyks face after the fight he looked like he’d been battered. So yeah a great personal performance by Usyk and a sub standard from Aj. Glad to see Fury showed some humility during the aftermath that was class.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2021
  14. dave28

Wise Guy

Eubank JR having an easy workout tomorrow, they may as well just give him the win and save the guy the pain

15. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Eubank Jr, a 32 year old that's achieved absolutely nothing in boxing yet talks like he's an undefeated champion that's unified every division.

16. Dominic-Toretto

Wise Guy

Usyk let AJ off the hook in those final seconds, Usyk showed him mercy, he could have very easily dropped him. Stop riding AJs nuts.

17. Dominic-Toretto

Wise Guy

Their are 2 problems with this plan. 1. AJ has a glass chin, 2. He boxes like he is afraid to get hit ever since the Ruiz fight. I cannot see AJ fully committing and leaning in on Ruiz. If AJ is overly aggressive, Usyk will counter and knock him out. Usyk made him stiff legged 3 or 4 times in this fight alone, and that's with his trainer telling him not to knock him out.

18. watercooledman

Perma Banned

i think fury may get rocked tonight.

19. Psycho Ned

Sgarrista

I hope not cos the fight ain't till next weekend :cry:

Unless he's going out to see Def Leppard?

20. watercooledman

Perma Banned

so it is :D