*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Can’t imagine Fury will retire at all. He doesn’t need to fight loads more fights to prove himself just the 1. Surely for his own legacy he wants to fight the winner of AJ/Usyk? Win that unify all the belts and your legacy is cemented forever.

As for Whyte, hope he spends that purse that apparently he didn’t think was enough wisely cos he won’t be getting anywhere near it again! Back to fighting Del Boy for the 50th time and replacing him as gatekeeper to the stars.

Caporegime
That was the shortest retirement ever, unless he meant pure boxing as in another interview he said he’d be fighting Ngannou (UFC HW champ) in some sort of hybrid. Freak shows it is then! :/

Permabanned
How old was wlad when AJ beat him? How active was he? Not sure how you can compare this.
AJ beat him as he gassed.
AJ beat him though didn’t he? After 17 fights as a pro. Who’s fault was it he had time off between fighting Fury and AJ? Fury backed out of the rematch so Wlad had to wait around. Not AJs fault Fury got done for peds and went off the rails.

See what we have is people willing to give Fury all and every credit but AJ none. So I’ll reverse it.
Fury is a good fighter and possibly the best of his generation but he’s yet to prove that. Usyk for example has an equal right to call himself the best of his generation. His achievements are even better than Fury’s and Fury’s yet to beat him or AJ. By definition he’s yet to beat the best in the division.

Soldato
Was out in a local social club when this fight came on. I haven’t a clue about boxing but it made me laugh how the build up is more entertaining than the actual fight.

For most of the match they were just standing very close to each other akwardly i was like, just get in a grapple and suplex/body slam him. Then with one punch its over, not really into wwe either but its much more of a spectacle than this. Cannot beleive wembley was sold out for this match that lasted about ten minutes?

Soldato
Was out in a local social club when this fight came on. I haven’t a clue about boxing but it made me laugh how the build up is more entertaining than the actual fight.

For most of the match they were just standing very close to each other akwardly i was like, just get in a grapple and suplex/body slam him. Then with one punch its over, not really into wwe either but its much more of a spectacle than this. Cannot beleive wembley was sold out for this match that lasted about ten minutes?
The WWE isn’t real mate. You’ll compare it to a fight scene from James Bond next.

Soldato
Watching highlights again, i think i was a bit harsh. I would describe boxing as a being like chess, carefully choosing when to got a punch ect.

For the winning punch was Whyte concussed? These guys are brave to be willing to take such physical abuse.

Soldato
Really???

Well that’s shocked me, it’s so convincing
Wait till you hear about Santa Claus.

WWE is less of a sport then a YouTuber boxing match.

Watching highlights again, i think i was a bit harsh. I would describe boxing as a being like chess, carefully choosing when to got a punch ect.

For the winning punch was Whyte concussed? These guys are brave to be willing to take such physical abuse.

He didn’t seem to properly catch him so possibly. That should be the end of Whyte at this level tbh. Maybe when AJ and Fury eventually fight, which they will he could be on the undercard.

I hope Fury hasn’t retired as Usyk vs Fury would be a great fight.

Soldato
Fury retires after most fights, he's a good fighter with a slim list of real fights. As someone has already said he needs to fight at least AJ & Usyk to be considered the best of the generation.

My summary of him is he has improved massively since he punched himself so credit where credit is due. Drop all the verbal diarrhea of retiring, mental health (we know you have recovered now) etc. He suddenly become a huge puncher over the last few fights which is staggering when you consider he couldn't punch a few years ago.

Oh and also pay your dues to the charity you promised from the wilder fight;)

Caporegime
he wont retire yet. hes just put the carrot out for the money men . his next fight will be his last and it will be AJ in abu dhabi. for a monster purse. then he will retire. then no one can say he dodged AJ. also hes done the big UK show. that would be his career complete.

cant see how dillian can fight anymore unless its someone like derek chizora. hes basically been finished 3 times by the very same punch. which makes no sense. how can you train so hard and not protect the very same shot coming in.

Soldato
he wont retire yet. hes just put the carrot out for the money men . his next fight will be his last and it will be AJ in abu dhabi. for a monster purse. then he will retire. then no one can say he dodged AJ. also hes done the big UK show. that would be his career complete.

cant see how dillian can fight anymore unless its someone like derek chizora. hes basically been finished 3 times by the very same punch. which makes no sense. how can you train so hard and not protect the very same shot coming in.

Even then a fight vs Chisora isn’t a headline fight. He shouldn’t ever be top of the bill now.

That was the shortest retirement ever, unless he meant pure boxing as in another interview he said he’d be fighting Ngannou (UFC HW champ) in some sort of hybrid. Freak shows it is then! :/

Sadly there is a huge amount of money in those freak show fights.
Problem is boxing means fury wins MMA Ngannou wins. What hybrid fight would you even do without making it one sided?

Back
Top Bottom