*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
So the Haye fanboys are really struggling to come to terms with what they witnessed (btw there were 6 of us watching it and 1 of my mates really couldn't believe what he was seeing - Haye fanboy). They are pinning everything on Haye's injury (round 6) but they now have to add to the equation the fact that Bellew broke his hand and it was possibly even earlier than round 6!?!

For crying out loud just give the man some credit, most of us knew the only chance Bellew had was to take Haye into the later rounds and boy did he weather the storm, he was caught clean several times!! What I think surprised everyone from the opening bell was how shot Haye was, this was not the Haye of 5+ years ago. He was missing a lot, he was wild and reckless, his technique and movement was just so off. It confirmed that Haye does not deserve a shot at a world heavyweight title, something that he was trying to con his way to, I'm glad that is no longer an option. All the genuine heavyweights will be hysterical after watching that fight, Haye's body will just fail him, the only chance he will ever have is an early KO and nothing more. No wonder he was ducking Briggs for so long, absolute con merchant is Haye. I can't really say I like him any more after yesterday, he still tried a low blow, he still tried to get a cheap shot in when Bellew was touching gloves, and then he was trying to con a rematch. Just retire will you, a rematch is totally pointless.

As for Bellew, if he fights a genuine top heavyweight I'm sorry but what we all expected Haye to do to him... they actually will.

Soldato
I'd like to know whether he thought that or whether it was a result of his injury. With hindsight it looks to me that Haye was worried about his achilles going at any minute and thought he had to take Bellew out asap.

Maybe, but Haye seemed very happy jumping in and bouncing around a lot. I wouldn't have expected that if he had problems moving. Plus he seemed fine chasing Bellew along the ropes. He could have just walked a diamond in the middle of the ring and ushered Bellew into hooks and jabs.

The injury seemed genuine and got worse as the rounds went on probably because of bleeding/swelling, but after that last pounce in 6th and he felt the pain, he didn't seem to have too much trouble putting 12ft between himself and Bellew so maybe it was a freak injury. Only David Haye and his trainer can answer what the situation was, but I'd like to know too. Maybe they thought they had a small tear that would hold up or maybe it was more serious. Either way the towel should have gone in. Haye was in big trouble and Bellew was showing mercy.

Last edited:
Soldato
As for Bellew, if he fights a genuine top heavyweight I'm sorry but what we all expected Haye to do to him... they actually will.

I agree and hope Bellew doesn't start getting thrown in with heavyweights. He's tough man and maybe too brave for his own good. He seems like a decent fella and I hope his corner men and team protect him. It's great his name is getting mentioned with these guys.

A rematch with a fully fit Haye version 3.0 :p then back to 200lbs. I'm sure Bellew's value at cruiser has gone up and big fights will come. A fight with Huck or unification with Lebedev maybe.

Soldato
So the Haye fanboys are really struggling to come to terms with what they witnessed (btw there were 6 of us watching it and 1 of my mates really couldn't believe what he was seeing - Haye fanboy). They are pinning everything on Haye's injury (round 6) but they now have to add to the equation the fact that Bellew broke his hand and it was possibly even earlier than round 6!?!

For crying out loud just give the man some credit, most of us knew the only chance Bellew had was to take Haye into the later rounds and boy did he weather the storm, he was caught clean several times!! What I think surprised everyone from the opening bell was how shot Haye was, this was not the Haye of 5+ years ago. He was missing a lot, he was wild and reckless, his technique and movement was just so off. It confirmed that Haye does not deserve a shot at a world heavyweight title, something that he was trying to con his way to, I'm glad that is no longer an option. All the genuine heavyweights will be hysterical after watching that fight, Haye's body will just fail him, the only chance he will ever have is an early KO and nothing more. No wonder he was ducking Briggs for so long, absolute con merchant is Haye. I can't really say I like him any more after yesterday, he still tried a low blow, he still tried to get a cheap shot in when Bellew was touching gloves, and then he was trying to con a rematch. Just retire will you, a rematch is totally pointless.

Agree with every bit. Bellew is not a heavy weight. The guy needs massive credit. Haye has been fighting BIG men for a long time but he's not lost that edge.

The haye fan boys are so funny.

Tried to walk in all guns blazing because he thought he was a super hard hitter. Ran out of steam and that's that. Injury is just the excuse. He didn't have much left anyway.

Give it a rest Haye was the better boxer, he was winning, granted Bellows was tougher then expected/Haye not as powerful as he used to be but you would have to be blind to think the nonsense you just posted. I mean seriously you think a snapped tendon is 'just an excuse?'

Soldato
I was rooting for Haye. But you have to hand it to bellew. Not for winning,(so much) but for not losing. I thought it was going to be a walk in the park for Haye but bellew took them. Had Haye not been injured I'm sure he would have won but a win is a win, And hats off to Bellew

But that's heavyweight boxing. Most heavyweight fights are finished because one of them gets injured more than the other.

Soldato
It's been confirmed that Haye ruptured his achilles - at his age I'd be surprised if he's fighting again.

Isnt this meant to hurt a lot more than breaking a leg?

Really got to give it him for trying to carry on. The stuff that must have been going though his head at the time... and now. Especially after all the talk he gave.

Soldato
Respect for David Haye. I've seen someone do that to their achilles and it floors a man. To go five rounds in a ring is just mind boggling.
I have no doubt that if there was a rematch (and I don't think it will happen) Haye would win.

Soldato
Well done to Bellew he confounded my prediction that he'd be out of there as soon as Haye hit him and stood up to some pretty decent stuff.

He really shouldn't kid himself though, he's not a heavyweight and won the fight by default. He had 5 rounds to KO a totally immobile target, threw the kitchen sink at him and barely hurt Haye in all honesty. What would have happened if the fight went the full 12 rounds and both were 100%....I'm not sure, Haye was obviously ahead up to round 6 but if it went the full 12 who knows what his stamina was going to be.

Bellews best next fight is a rematch with Haye but that's gonna be too long away even if Haye ever gets in shape to fight again (unlikely).

Associate
Wow.

The guy couldn't put away a bloke who had not boxed for 5 years and who had one foot!

This 100%. Bellew is a joke fighter and no elite boxer. Couldn't put down Haye who could barely stand up straight or walk for 2 rounds. Bellew also ran out of steam, so much for having the heart of a lion, Haye would have floored him if his leg didn't give in eventually.

Props to Haye for continuing how he did. But he's also a joke for talking such a big game beforehand and not being able to floor that fat Tony.

Back
Top Bottom