*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Haye's biggest mistake was going into the fight thinking he could steamroller Bellew within a couple of rounds or whenever he wanted. Bellew was fitter and better on the night.

lol, he was getting handily beaten up until the injury so in no way was he 'better on the night'.

From a boxing point of view he was getting outclassed. He got lucky that Haye got injured otherwise Haye wins easily.

The haye fan boys are so funny.

Tried to walk in all guns blazing because he thought he was a super hard hitter. Ran out of steam and that's that. Injury is just the excuse. He didn't have much left anyway.

Without a doubt the worst post i've seen in this thread.

Soldato
lol, he was getting handily beaten up until the injury so in no way was he 'better on the night'.

From a boxing point of view he was getting outclassed. He got lucky that Haye got injured otherwise Haye wins easily.

Without a doubt the worst post i've seen in this thread.

Haye spent most of the fight looking for a punch he couldn't land. He did adapt after around the forth round and looked much better but Haye didn't look that impressive to me. He showed he's still got what it takes to dig deep, but the better man won the fight.

Associate
Anyone catch Lemuiex vs Stevens at the weekend past? Solid KO of the year contender

Been a good 2017 for boxing so far

edit * Jimbeam3678 - just seen the video you posted thats been removed was of the Lemieux/Stevens bout - its def. a highlight reel ko

Soldato
Really looking forward to GGG vs Jacobs tomorrow

If Jacobs uses his movement and boxing skills could be interesting, if he trades its game over though

Associate
Really looking forward to GGG vs Jacobs tomorrow

If Jacobs uses his movement and boxing skills could be interesting, if he trades its game over though

His power does make it interesting - but I'm not sure if using his movement and boxing skills is the key, Golovkin has very good footwork and cutting off the ring is basically playing in his wheelhouse, I think his best bet may be to trade and hope to catch him cold (as risky as that may be)

But I'm also really looking forward to this fight like yourself.

Associate
Just seen that jacobs missed thd 2nd day ibf weigh-in - where they state you cant weigh over 10lbs more that the weight class (so no more than 170lbs) and when I say missed I mean he just didnt turn up for ths weigh-in (similar to lemieux last week) which means the ibf title isnt on the line anymore

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched the rerun of jacobs vs ggg

Ggg taken the distance for the first time, jacobs was down in the 4th but battled in and i felt was the stringer fighter in the 2nd half of the fight

Good bout

Back
Top Bottom