**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
This is harder than rooting my HTC M8.

So bootloader unlocked, reflasted global stable (dont tell me thats where I have gone wrong). gone back to fastboot (via abd) flashed the fastboot flash recovery TWRP_redminote3_patchedBySebsch1991.img. But booting to recovery doesnt work.

What am I doing wrong.

Found a toolkit that did it for me. :)

fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know if it still does but flashing the official rom used to re-lock your bootloader which would stop the flashing of TWRP.

Flashing an official rom would have probably flashed the recovery with the original Mi recovery.

Associate
Loving my Redmi Note 3 Pro, no bugs or anything, nice and quick and great build quality. Did look at the Umi Super but on the forum there was a lot of bugs (although updates are constantly coming out).

Soldato
Same here with my RMN3. I was a bit worried i would not like the size of it as i always had small phone in the past, but it really isn't a problem for me. Should have got one so much sooner. :)

Caporegime
Finally got my shIping info on my rmn3pro should be here within a week. Got stung for double shipping charge because I live in the are end of nowhere. All in all $230 a bit much but it's done now. The price of a peacefull life.

So stock euro/world rom out of the box?

Last edited:
Associate
The only thing putting me of a RMN3 is all the talk of changing roms and such, has anyone just got the phone and used it as is?

I think this just depends where you order from. Some phones will come with the Chinese Rom and have loads of bloat, others will come with the global ROM and have no bloat.

I've had mine since Friday, and am just using it as it came. Not even done the system update yet that's waiting to be done.

Performance wise it's no different to using my Nexus 6 really. But battery life is amazing. Charged it Saturday morning to 100%, it's now on 61%, with 3.5 hours screen on time and 1.5 hours of streaming music. The Nexus would have died long ago.

Just trying to get used to the size now, feels a little small at 5.5 inch.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only thing putting me of a RMN3 is all the talk of changing roms and such, has anyone just got the phone and used it as is?

I used it with the chinese rom for a few weeks fine, other than a bit of bloat and stuff that i couldn't understand. I then switched to the EU Global Rom and been fine ever since.

It was my fault though, they said they would ship it with the EU Global Rom but from what i heard some of these places put their own software on. So i asked for it to be sent factory sealed and i'd deal with it myself.

Now had the phone for around 2 months i think, loving it better than any other phone i've used but at a stupidly cheap price.

Back
Top Bottom