**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Caporegime
Lol well all my Google says it needs to be on global ROM then I can set it to your own country. Well I do have the global ROM and I don't see a single European country on the list.

But yep it's working so wtf?

3Arez8A.png

Associate
Lol well all my Google says it needs to be on global ROM then I can set it to your own country. Well I do have the global ROM and I don't see a single European country on the list.

But yep it's working so wtf?

3Arez8A.png

The rom you have is not an official global rom, it is a modified rom that vendors flash

Associate
Great .. so is it worth going official?
I guess android 6 is on the horizon?
Are the benefits outweighing the bugs?

This is my main phone now ��

Always go either official or xiaomi.eu (which are basically official but modified (no Chinese apps, no bloatware, European locations and languages, etc)).

Caporegime
Well ok but I'm confused why my seller flashed to this crap. He specifically said open box and flash to world rom. This is the recommended seller in this thread for these rmn3s on aliexpress. So not so great after all. It's not a huge deal but annoying to have to do it your self

Associate
Well ok but I'm confused why my seller flashed to this crap. He specifically said open box and flash to world rom. This is the recommended seller in this thread for these rmn3s on aliexpress. So not so great after all. It's not a huge deal but annoying to have to do it your self

Probably cause they flash in loads of adware/stock apps where they actually get their money from, not direct phone resales.

I don't know of a single location to get Xiaomi phones from that have either the official Xiaomi or the actually good (Xiaomi.eu) multi-language ROM without you specifically requesting a sealed box (and even then only some do it).

Caporegime
If you got it from Top-one on Ali express he only flashes genuine Roms and not bloated crap.

well the proof is above.

There's no bloat but its not the "genuine rom" so it would seem...

OR much older version ! but i have no UK or EU options on it !?

EDIT: it appears to be MIUIv7.1 Jan 05, 2016 | 09:42AM

Last edited:
Associate
Aye, I found most bloated ROMs usually have .99.99 in the ROM name.

Still worth moving to the developer ROM if you want all the newest things, or the Xiaomi.eu ROM of you want European locations and languages (although I guess languages is not a big deal for you UK folks).

Soldato
well the proof is above.

There's no bloat but its not the "genuine rom" so it would seem...

OR much older version ! but i have no UK or EU options on it !?

EDIT: it appears to be MIUIv7.1 Jan 05, 2016 | 09:42AM

I would complain then, I thought they only came with the latest genuine rom or mine did, he even made a video of himself doing it.

Caporegime
Why are people so worried about the locale? I've got the latest stable EU Global Rom still no UK in the list.

I've got it set to Spain and have zero problems at all.

I have zero problems, I think its confusing because no one knows what its really for. I have not a single European country on mine, I do have Falkland Islands though ? Useful. :D

Ive decided im not going to touch mine. It works as it Even set to china on a older ROM version. I might be tempted to have a fiddle if an official android 6 rom appears

THe battery on this is so amazing i think its lying ! I streamed 2h of music to my chromecast yesterday and at the end it was still on 97% battery. My old S3 would probably have died in that time !

I would be really interested to see what ROM versions TopOne ships to anyone buying the phone or has bought the phone in the past month.

Back
Top Bottom