**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Caporegime
Anyone ordered from Gearbest before?

I ordered a week ago, still not been sent. Messaged the sender, weird reply. So now requested a refund, but even that just seems to send a message to the seller.

I want to just re-order through banggood, but without the hassle of sending a phone back to one of them.

maj

maj

Soldato
Does anyone use Poweramp? If so does show lockscreen album art setting work for you? I have it enabled but just get a small widget on lockscreen instead. Using MIUI 11.

Soldato
I've also just bought the Redmi 9s. Replacement for my 2nd Mi A1 (which had been bought 2nd hand). This will be my fourth Xiaomi phone.

Unfortunately replaced the Mi A1 due to battery dying rapidly. In the last couple of weeks, battery life had dropped dramatically. Accubattery put health at 28%. When I went to swap the SIMs I noticed the old battery seems to have swollen, pushing the screen out of the casing slightly. The phone had started turning itself off before hitting 0%. Hopefully a one off (and 2nd hand I don't know its history). My other Xiaomi phones have all bee pretty reliable.

Caporegime
Using GSMArena's Phone Finder, I set -

Less than 5.2" Screen
2018 or newer
4000+ mAh battery
300 Euros or above (I assume you're not looking budget?)

And it gave 4 options. None of them look very appealing to me.

**EDIT** In fact, set a max weight of 180g and there is nothing...

This is why devices outside of your request were suggested :)

**EDIT** Also, a 5" screen is a pretty silly limit IMO. The suggested S10e is almost exactly the same size as your outgoing Pixel... but you disregard it as the screen itself (not the phone) is too big?!

The Mi 9 SE is only 4mm wider too...

The smaller the screen the smaller the battery you require for decent life. That's why your filters don't work

Caporegime
No, the filter works just fine. What you mean is, 'that's why the poster doesn't have many options...'

Need a 5" phone for the wife currently had a dying Pixel 1. So something a little faster than that would be nice, good size battery and decent camera.

he never said he wanted a 4000mAh or above battery. so your filters are wrong as on a smaller screen you can get away with a smaller battery and still have a long life. the screen is the biggest user of battery. which is my surface pro lasts like 2 hours when you unplug it on performance mode. the screen is 12-14 inches though.

Soldato
he never said he wanted a 4000mAh or above battery. so your filters are wrong as on a smaller screen you can get away with a smaller battery and still have a long life.

He said good sized battery, not good battery life. I know you love to tell people they're wrong, but I can't really be wrong as 'good sized battery' is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
Associate
5" phone or 5" screen ?
Anyone coming from a phone a couple of years old will generally get a bigger screen in a similar overall handset size.
I've just gone from 5.5 to 6.7 screen size yet the phone itself is only a quarter of an inch taller.
And of course if you have a larger screen.....presuming it's full hd then you're going to need a big battery unles you want to be charging it all the time

Soldato
The thing was the suggested phones although they have a bigger screen are smaller/as small as the one it's replacing.

Andy's search was just fine. You just don't really get 5" screens these days (apple being the exception)

Back
Top Bottom