**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Associate
Arrived yesterday, apart from headphone volume is lower than my old phone everything else is fine.

Cost around £250 including screen protector, an official flip case and postage.

Soldato
Been looking at this. Same spec without the ordering faf. Let us know what its like when it arrives mate.

Sure thing. It's in the post as we speak. Was shipped out from gearbest 2 days ago. So i'm hoping it'll arrive next week sometime :D its worth a shot for so little money.

The thing that put me off the elephone was the HUGE black bezel/border around the screen. (i know the ecoo has one, but its much smaller) I'm not sure what elephone are thinking adding such a large border!

Here's the specs if anyone hasn't seen in the link.

CPU: MediaTek MT6752 1.7GHz octa-core high-speed processing platform
GPU: ARM MALI-T760
Display: 5.5inch IPS, 1920 x 1080pixels (401ppi, also checked)
OS: Based on Android OS, 4.4 (upgradeable to android 5.0, i've checked)
Camera: Rear-16MP, front-8.0MP
SIM card: Dual SIM (Micro sim and normal sim)
Bluetooth: 4.0
Positioning: GPS, A-GPS
RAM: 3GB
ROM: 16GB
Supports: Micro SD Card Slot/Gravity/Light/Compass/Proximity Sensing System
FM/MP3/MP4/Bluetooth/GPS Function Supported/Fingerprint scanner
Battery: 3000mah
Network type: GSM+WCDMA+FDD-LTE
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2600MHz

The phone achieves an antutu score of over 40,000. so not bad

Last edited:

dun

dun

Soldato
Seems incredible for the money. I agree on the bezels and I prefer the placement of the finger print scanner as well, can't see it being that easy to reach on the elephone.
Is there any risk of import duty or anything on gearbest? Looks like its gone up to £130 now.

Soldato
Seems incredible for the money. I agree on the bezels and I prefer the placement of the finger print scanner as well, can't see it being that easy to reach on the elephone.
Is there any risk of import duty or anything on gearbest? Looks like its gone up to £130 now.

They ship it via netherlands post I believe which is the best way to avoid import duty. (dont quote me on this though. I haven't ordered many things from china :D )

Some gearbest coupon codes you can try are..

android44
anycodes
USPC

Should knock you a few quid off.

I agree though, amazing specs for such a cheap price :) hopefully theres no hidden letdowns.

Soldato
Not really bothered by the GPS tbh. :D and it can't be that bad.. Can it? :eek: either way, for the specs, it's a bargain! That's if the phone lives up to the specs ;)

Soldato
Not really bothered by the GPS tbh. :D and it can't be that bad.. Can it? :eek: either way, for the specs, it's a bargain! That's if the phone lives up to the specs ;)

If its the same as previous iterations of the MTK chipsets then they really are 'that' bad. Hopefully though Mediatek have made some strides and performance is much improved.

Soldato
Ah well.. Nevermind. I don't use GPS so I'm okay with it being a bum feature of the phone. Maybe the new mediatek helios chipsets which are coming will be a much improvement of what they're offering at the moment.

For 120 notes I can't really complain if GPS is a little cack. I'm buying this as I need a bigger screen. Browsing these forums on a 4.7 inch phone strains the eyes a bit!

Back
Top Bottom