**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Aye. It looks good! Haha, elephone product quick guide.. The ecoo is made by elephone. I thought as much! :D still haven't received mine yet.. I'll be sure to take some pics and post up impressions when I do :) absolute bargain for what you get. Hopefully I don't find it too big.

Soldato
OP
Well my K3 Note just arrived. Less than 2 weeks via PostNL and no customs charges. First impresisons are pretty good - nice size and seems responsive. Chock full of bloat and malware as expected and the UI is horrible so rooting now and will clean everything up, install novalauncher then report back on GPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK, looking good so far... rooted, most of the crap removed, 45k in antutu and standing in the driveway GPS Status is getting a fix in a couple of seconds, 9/10 sats and accuracy of 2-16m (average about 6), for comparison my Xperia T takes about 4 seconds for a fix, 11/21 sats and accuracy of 3-12m (average 4-6). Haven't tried to nav anywhere yet though...

My T already seems comically small, haha.

Now just to hope for some CM loving.

Downsides so far... the main buttons don't light up (come on!) and I'd much rather a 'recents' button than a settings one, although long-press on the home button brings up the recent apps list.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, looking good so far... rooted, most of the crap removed, 45k in antutu and standing in the driveway GPS Status is getting a fix in a couple of seconds, 9/10 sats and accuracy of 2-16m (average about 6), for comparison my Xperia T takes about 4 seconds for a fix, 11/21 sats and accuracy of 3-12m (average 4-6). Haven't tried to nav anywhere yet though...

Sounds promising although the issues I had were nearly always while I was on the move although I did have some stand still lock issues so its good that you haven't seen any of that yet.

Soldato
OP
Excellent phone. You got any pictures? I was tempted to get the yellow one at one point.

Yeah I got the yellow one :p

No pictures yet, but there's loads online. It looks... er, big, black and yellow :p

The back felt a bit plasticy when i took it off to fit the battery and sim, but it snaps on nice and firmly, no creaks or gaps.

Soldato
OP
Just had a little bimble in the car and maps seemed perfectly happy with the GPS. This was just country roads and the main route through town though - might be a different story in the city.

Associate
Arrived yesterday, apart from headphone volume is lower than my old phone everything else is fine.

Cost around £250 including screen protector, an official flip case and postage.

What are your thoughts on this so far? I'm currently using my S5 which is battered so looking to get a cheaper phone to last me till early next year until my contract is up and the Zenfone 2 caught my attention.

Soldato
OP
Amazing; just managed a perfect first time installation of my Nillkin 9H screen protector. That never happens!

And one hour later I dropped the phone and cracked the screen protector :p

Either the best or the worst $8 I ever spent depending on whether or not the screen would have gone... going to leave it on until my clear case arrives at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
Looks pretty similar spec wise... slightly lower cpu clocks and slightly lower res camera but bigger battery and full global LTE about sums it up?

indeed. if i was still waiting for my p7000 to ship (if i had one on order that is :p ) id be half tempted to cancel and sum the two up.

the p8000 still suffers the same awful humongous black border like the p7000 unfortunately.

ps. you're lucky you didn't break the screen on your phone! :p

Back
Top Bottom