**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

maj

maj

Soldato
I ordered from GeekBuying a few weeks ago and received an email saying it's shipped, with my order showing a tracking number. However, 2 weeks later, and the tracking number is saying unrecognised on www.17track.net. Tried emailing GeekBuying but no response after a couple of days.

Anyone ordered from there recently using Registered Airmail, and if so, did your tracking work?

Surprised they haven't responded to your emails, they've been pretty reliable for me in the past. Never had a problem with the tracking either in the two times I've used them. I just used the default postage method but that shouldn't change matters too much.

Nova has an option but you need root. It's under look & feel in settings

Ah right will look into rooting then thanks.

Associate
Surprised they haven't responded to your emails, they've been pretty reliable for me in the past. Never had a problem with the tracking either in the two times I've used them. I just used the default postage method but that shouldn't change matters too much.

Was your tracking number a 12 digit number?

How long did delivery take (roughly) please?

maj

maj

Soldato
Was your tracking number a 12 digit number?

How long did delivery take (roughly) please?

This was the tracking for my phone which I can still track. Mine was a 13 digit number starting with two letters and ending in two letters.

Ordered: 8th December '16
Posted: 10 December
Arrived in UK: 13th December
Posted: 20th December

Associate
I ordered from GeekBuying a few weeks ago and received an email saying it's shipped, with my order showing a tracking number. However, 2 weeks later, and the tracking number is saying unrecognised on www.17track.net. Tried emailing GeekBuying but no response after a couple of days.

Anyone ordered from there recently using Registered Airmail, and if so, did your tracking work?

I had this problem in the past tracking numbers never worked on that site but the items turned up fine within 14 days even required someone to sign for them.

Associate
I had this problem in the past tracking numbers never worked on that site but the items turned up fine within 14 days even required someone to sign for them.

Lo and behold, the package was waiting for me when I got home. 14 days to deliver - not bad at all.

Tracking number still not tracking though.

maj

maj

Soldato
Glad you got it sorted and it turned up anyway. Always a worry when you recommend somewhere and someone else has a bad experience. Enjoy your new phone.

Associate
Seems Xiaomi have made it even more cumbersome to unlock the bootloader. Was planning on putting AOSP on the RN4, but may just leave MIUI (phones not for me).

maj

maj

Soldato
It's done pretty quickly once you apply for the unlock iirc. If you do decide to keep MIUI on it I'd make sure it has a legit ROM flashed onto it as they tend to come with a not-so legit one on it.

Soldato
At least once you've unlocked one Xiaomi phone you can easily unlock any future ones too, so it's worth applying for the unlock privileges.

I've found that the xiaomi.eu roms are the best though, none of the Google bloat of the Global ROMs - just the play store and services - and updates every Friday.

Associate
I bought the LG V20, they also gave me a 5% discount code (£14 off) & another £5 back from Quidco! An absolute bargain!

I did pay the extra £5/6 for the insured shipping though for extra peace of mind :)

How are you getting on with the LG? Considering ordering one for the wife and one for me. She specifically wants a good camera on the phone and this looks one of the best. I want longer battery life and here the LG seems one of the worst.

So considering ordering a spare battery at the same time.

Associate
Would a Note 4x or Mi5 be an upgrade on a standard iPhone 6? Had my 6 for 2 and a half years now and it's getting tatty.
Bit put off by the partial plastic body on the Note 4x - would prefer a full metal body for that premium feeling. Also are any of these even partially waterproof?

Back
Top Bottom