**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Just received my POCO X3 today and it's as snappy as anyone could ever want.

Only seen ads during installs from the playstore and nowhere else. These can be turned off within 2 taps so these are no issue at all.

I upgraded from a 2 year old Mi Max 3 and the difference is absolutely night and day..

Soldato
I've cracked my redmi note Pro 8 (128gb) and looking to replace.

What's the go to unit for around £200 now?

Edit: a quick skim read looks like a toss up between note 9 and the poco 3?

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Which one did you go for?

Rog 3 12g/256gb

Brilliant phone with it's quirks, but Asus is hot on updates which might need to be manual.
Can't wait to get the gamepad.

Signal isn't as good as my mate 20, hopefully they'll sort it.

You can limit charging down to 80% which for me is the holy grail.
Next update will enable the phone to run from usb, no more wearing out the battery.

hux

hux

Soldato
Nice, did you get the Tencent model?

Yeah possibly China model, but Global rom so everything works like it should.

Paid £608 on fleabay, the cooler on the Global version makes little to no difference.

Mine came with gapps installed. It's buttery smooth to use.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like a great phone. I got the Poco f2 then a week later the x3 came out. I would have got that and saved £150+ (they had a massive sale on release) still a absolute bargain at just over £200
Yep, one week on and it has been very good. The camera is better than expected, I didn't think it would be particularly responsive but it focuses on what I want it to with ease. The front camera is satisfactory, it's not winning any awards. Battery life seems a little worse than my redmi note Pro 8 but that thing lasted for days, I'll get 1 day+ from the poco with heavy use. I can't fault the speed at which the phone runs though, it's very snappy and the display is as good as expected for an LCD.

£210 really is a bargain considering the poverty spec you get from a similar priced Samsung.

Soldato
Selling my Nord, keeping the X3, surprised me this thing has, paid £154, took 4 weeks to come though!

620A4785.jpg

620-A478543434.jpg

Back
Top Bottom