**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Lots of Xiaomi deals starting at midday today, including the Poco F3. :) I recently got the Note 10 Pro, it's a fantastic phone and worth every penny of the £200 I paid for it. :cool:

Soldato
I've got the Poco F3 which is great. However, I'm having trouble receiving emails/texts etc when out and about. When I get back home and the phone joins my network everything comes through fine. I'm sure I've got it set up right but any help/insights appreciated.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
No point even making a standalone thread but the OnePlus 10 Pro was launched in China yesterday. While there are a couple of decent improvements such as 80W charging and a new ultra wide sensor, it seems underwhelming once again. 9 series was one to miss, and it looks like the 10 series is going to go the same way, unless they drop the price, which seems unlikely.

Looks like the 8 series was the best OP made.. which is a shame. Love my 8T after having a 6T, but I think my next phone will not be a OP. It's crazy how they have gone downhill so much.

Associate
No point even making a standalone thread but the OnePlus 10 Pro was launched in China yesterday. While there are a couple of decent improvements such as 80W charging and a new ultra wide sensor, it seems underwhelming once again. 9 series was one to miss, and it looks like the 10 series is going to go the same way, unless they drop the price, which seems unlikely.

Looks like the 8 series was the best OP made.. which is a shame. Love my 8T after having a 6T, but I think my next phone will not be a OP. It's crazy how they have gone downhill so much.

Still holding on to my 7 Pro and likely won't change it out for anything soon. The lack of a punch hole or a notch is too valuable to me and the phone is more than capable at everything I need it to do. Oneplus' offerings since the 7/7T have been extremely underwhelming in my eyes but I also haven't seen anything that beats it in reliability by anyone as yet. Battery is still great(had it since launch), I've had to replace the charge port but aside from that it is stock.

I'd been considering a fold(specifically the Oppo foldable, I don't like the Z Fold 3) but with the non-existent western release I'm left twiddling my thumbs for options.

Soldato

I disagree. I had the 8 Pro and now the 9 Pro is better in almost every way.

I was under the impression the 10 Pro used all the same rear cam sensors. Edit : indeed a new 50MP Samsung JN1 UW.

And the cameras on anything below the 8 Pro were average at best.

Last edited:
Soldato
I disagree. I had the 8 Pro and now the 9 Pro is better in almost every way.

I was under the impression the 10 Pro used all the same rear cam sensors. Edit : indeed a new 50MP Samsung JN1 UW.

And the cameras on anything below the 8 Pro were average at best.

OnePlus had software down to a T but camera was alway meh and I don't expect it improving for 10

Soldato
OnePlus had software down to a T but camera was alway meh and I don't expect it improving for 10

The cameras were meh. They've improved significantly on the 8 and 9 pro thanks to top grade sensors and improved processing. If you've got some skills with editing after the fact then the results can be excellent.

S21U gets praise and it's processing is worse than the OnePlus at times. Go figure.

Soldato
The cameras were meh. They've improved significantly on the 8 and 9 pro thanks to top grade sensors and improved processing. If you've got some skills with editing after the fact then the results can be excellent.

But it couldn't really stand up to Samsung or Apple. Maybe it was better than Xiaomi though.

Soldato
But it couldn't really stand up to Samsung or Apple. Maybe it was better than Xiaomi though.

Says who. I had the S21U and gave it back as I was disappointed with its camera performance. Many of these reviewers and influencers just go with the flow and the US have the Snapdragon version of the S21U which has better image processing.

Back
Top Bottom