**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I strongly suggest any one with an F3 not to update to MIUI 13/Android 12, others are starting to have similar issues as I am.

Have you factory reset the phone? It doesn't always work and some people still have issues after a update, but it's like upgrading Windows, or swapping hardware, it usually works, but not alway.

Think I'll wait I little bit longer,thanks for the heads up

Caporegime
Have you factory reset the phone? It doesn't always work and some people still have issues after a update, but it's like upgrading Windows, or swapping hardware, it usually works, but not alway.

Think I'll wait I little bit longer,thanks for the heads up
I haven't but I will do when I get the chance. After reading a post in that thread, do wonder if it's down to a permissions thing (it's all good we get this granular control but it does feel it's gone a little too far these days). YouTube (Vanced) is a bit more janky; it's now quite easy to accidentally hit the timeline when trying to get the bottom controls to pop back up and it's a bit random switching between view modes.

Associate
Only just found this thread, taken the plunge on a Doogee V20 which is currently in UK Customs somewhere. Needed something a bit more robust for use on the bike and site, so for £250 it was worth a punt.

Caporegime
Touch wood mine seems to be fine. I have not noticed any problems as yet.
Glad to hear, I'm starting to feel my battery is dropping more quickly as well. I sound like a broken record but it has been a constant thorn with my Android phones, especially with major Android releases making it worse. I'll factory reset at the weekend.

Soldato
Mine was on 99% when I went to bed last night and this morning it's on 97%. As has been suggested it might be worth a reset to see if that sorts your problems out.

Associate
I'd advise anyone to avoid updating to MIUI 13. Since the update my WiFi has been garbage and constantly disconnects...

Put me off ever getting an xiaomi again
That bad? Was thinking of a Xiaomi as my P30 Pro is getting long in the tooth and if it wasn't for the Google Services thing I would've bought Huawei again...

Soldato
That bad? Was thinking of a Xiaomi as my P30 Pro is getting long in the tooth and if it wasn't for the Google Services thing I would've bought Huawei again...

It was a great phone before the most recent update... didn't see any reason to upgrade come the summer time but rethinking if they can't fix the issue. Not hopeful as doesn't seem to be acknowledged. In comparison the wifes samsung s10 is still going strong

Soldato
That's sad to hear. With such tiny incremental updates on new phones your wife's S10 might be in use for some time to come.

Well after hours of tinkering (Inc hard reset and forgetting to back up my Microsoft authenticator app arghh!) think I've found the fix touch wood.

Seems since the update it no longer liked the band frequency of the 5ghz channel.... Changing this to to channel 48 seems to have fix led it :confused:

Soldato
The realme 9 Pro Plus has launched. There is an earlybird offer running from the Realme UK Store.

I am wating for the non-plus version to appear.

My switch from the Iphone Pro Max to a sub-200 phone has been better than expected so i am going to plump for another Realme upgrade, assuming the 9 Pro comes in below 200.

My GF's screen replacement cost for her Iphone (385 sheets!) has re-emphasised my reasons for ditching apple at the right time.

Caporegime
Factory reset seems to have sorted my camera issue. However, after having to call 999 at the weekend for a young girl - reminded me to make sure my ICE contacts was still working. I can't seem to turn it on so there is an emergency contact on the blocked dialler/screen lock screen. I have 2 ICE contacts but all I can do on the dialler is call an emergency number.

Edit - must be getting my F3 mixed up with my previous Note9. It doesn't support ICE which is a must these days. You can use a feature where pressing the power button 5 times sends an SOS, but ideally you want someone else to be able to call one of your emergency contacts during an accident. With my 999 call at the weekend, it sped things up so much more quickly being able to ring the father from his daughter's ICE contacts. Poor show Xiaomi/Poco.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom