**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
That's crazy. Is she actually going to pay that.

Cover with your bank is so much more cost effective.

You don't have much choice these days, even the non-apple repair shops charge over 200 pounds.

The Realme 9 Pro (not plus) is now in U.K stock for 299 inc vat, I am going to wait a while for the price to go down.

Soldato
Is the proximity sensor really an issue with most Chinese phones?

I've been looking at the Poco F3, OnePlus Nord 2 and Xiaomi mi 11 lite, but the issues I keep reading about the proximity sensor in a lot of these phones is really putting me off.

Associate
Is the proximity sensor really an issue with most Chinese phones?

I've been looking at the Poco F3, OnePlus Nord 2 and Xiaomi mi 11 lite, but the issues I keep reading about the proximity sensor in a lot of these phones is really putting me off.

I've not really had a problems on my Poco F3. Occasionally when on a call it'll turn the screen on/off if but most of the time there's no issue. The trick I've found is to tilt the phone away from your cheek a bit so the top of the phone faces you a bit more, no problems then.

Making phone calls is the last thing I tend to use my phone for so it's not an issue for me. If you're making lots of calls throughout the day it could become tiresome. Other than that, it's a fantastic phone after de-bloating, really quick!

Soldato
I've not really had a problems on my Poco F3. Occasionally when on a call it'll turn the screen on/off if but most of the time there's no issue. The trick I've found is to tilt the phone away from your cheek a bit so the top of the phone faces you a bit more, no problems then.

Making phone calls is the last thing I tend to use my phone for so it's not an issue for me. If you're making lots of calls throughout the day it could become tiresome. Other than that, it's a fantastic phone after de-bloating, really quick!

I read that Xiaomi tried to fix some of the issues with their phones via software updates, and for some people it did work. But, I don't think I can take the gamble. Why are they still releasing phones that still have this issue..? Seems pretty bad to be releasing new models with this issue still unresolved... If it wasn't for this issue, I would go for the F3 no problem.

As for OnePlus, I'm also reading similar things with them as well. If anyone here has a different experience then please share...

Associate
It's because it uses a cheap ultrasound sensor for proximity which doesn't work as well as the more expensive methods.

I'd just buy a Poco F3 on Amazon and return it if you find it's a problem for you, it's a cracking device. Fastest phone I've had (coming from most flagship Samsungs) and the battery life is brilliant.

Caporegime
Any opinion on the Realme GT Neo 2

• 6,62" 120 Hz E4 AMOLED-skärm
  • 12 GB RAM + 256 GB lagring
  • 5000 mAh-batteri med 65 W SuperDart-laddning
  • 64 MP trippelkamera
  • Dolby Atmos Dual Stereo-högtalare
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G-processorn
3290 KR so about £265 quid in todays money

surely this is a steal? or is this a know crappola model.

sorry for the Swedish but i cba and surely its pretty easy to understand :p

Associate

Seems a decent deal, I think the 11 is out, but seem to remember it being a mixed bag upgrade wise. I would have a look around on the mi store and choose from what features suit her best.

maj

maj

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up on the F3 deal. Looks the ideal replacement for my Note 8 Pro.

Annoyingly I've just moved to a new build and it isn't accepting the postcode to find the address.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom