**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

maj

maj

Soldato
Just tried to order the F3 to my parents address instead of mine due to Xiaomi website not accepting postcode but payment failed presumably because the billing address doesn't match the delivery address. I couldn't change billing address due to same reason I couldn't select delivery address.

I give up.

maj

maj

Soldato
I bought another F3 a few weeks ago same price and the address form takes a few goes to get it right comes out garbled otherwise.

I've tried everything I can think of.

Let's say my post code is AB1 2CD their address finder doesn't find it but if I put AB1 1CD then it finds it and puts the Town in. Great. I then thought I could trick the system by then saving it and editing it to my correct post code but then I get "Pincode and state dismatch".

Just going round in circles :mad: tried with and without spaces in the post code too.

Soldato
So my Note 9 looks like its on its way out.

I've narrowed a replacement to either the Poco F3 or the Nord 2. Gone are the days of me spending lots of money on a phone. Got other things I'd rather spend my money on these days and looks like these two give great bang for your buck.

The F3 at £199 is a bargain. Better spec than the Nord 2 (although looks like camera is better with the Nord). My only concern is MIUI, bloat and software updates over the coming years.

The Nord 2 is £329 and the only reason I would get it is for the cleaner OS and 3 years software support.

Anybody had a play with both of these? Which did you prefer?

Caporegime
So my Note 9 looks like its on its way out.

I've narrowed a replacement to either the Poco F3 or the Nord 2. Gone are the days of me spending lots of money on a phone. Got other things I'd rather spend my money on these days and looks like these two give great bang for your buck.

The F3 at £199 is a bargain. Better spec than the Nord 2 (although looks like camera is better with the Nord). My only concern is MIUI, bloat and software updates over the coming years.

The Nord 2 is £329 and the only reason I would get it is for the cleaner OS and 3 years software support.

Anybody had a play with both of these? Which did you prefer?
I went from from a Note9 to an F3, and generally happy with it. The main let down for the F3 is the camera, give it good lighting conditions and you'll be happy. You can remove most of the bloat from the F3 in a few clicks.
I grabbed this off a site a while back

Soldato
Cheers.

F3 was showing as £229 this morning but got to the checkout and it was £199.

Can't really argue for that price and don't think the Nord 2 is £130 better.

Just gutted the Note 9 is now having this screen issue after all this time.

maj

maj

Soldato
Spoke to Xiaomi "help" regarding my UK postcode not being accepted. They confirmed they got same error but it may take "some time" to update their database. That some time will probably result in me buying from a rival instead.

Associate
Spoke to Xiaomi "help" regarding my UK postcode not being accepted. They confirmed they got same error but it may take "some time" to update their database. That some time will probably result in me buying from a rival instead.

It was the same a year ago when i ordered,just bizarre they can't fix an address input box :confused:

maj

maj

Soldato
It was the same a year ago when i ordered,just bizarre they can't fix an address input box :confused:

Yup don't know why they don't allow you to input it all manually.

I said I would look at rival companies but I'm really struggling to find anything like the F3 for the £200 price mark. Oppo, Realme are more expensive than I first thought.

Soldato
Originally I was looking to spend £500 on replacing my Note 9 but I kept going lower and lower in terms of budget due to the quality of "low end" handsets and was going to settle on the Nord 2 for £330, which I thought was a great price for the package.

Then this Poco F3 came up for £199 (could have been £179 if I saw the offer sooner) and nothing is beating it in that price range.

Soldato
Probably wanting too much here but I'd there any Chinese phones with a Snapdragon processor, microsd slot, decent camera for around £250.

Gutted I missed out on the x3 pro that seems to tick all the boxes. Currently using a Samsung s10e

Soldato
So Poco F3 arrived and have it all set up.

Very impressive for the price. Couple of quirks though and wondering if anyone has come across them with possible solution.

Poco Launcher. You can't create folders, which is a pain when you have a lot of apps installed. "No problem I'll install a third party launcher" I thought. Was using Action Launcher on my Note 9, so installed that. Only problem is that gestures no longer work, which I really like using. I don't want to go back to using the buttons at the bottom of the screen. From a quick Google, it seems to be a known thing. Is there a workaround? You can have categories in Poco Launcher app drawer that you can create yourself but its not ideal.

The 120Hz refresh is lovely, albeit appears to not work 100% of the time. It's hard to explain but around the OS and in Firefox browser, it's silky smooth. However, when I then go into YouTube or Twitter, it's not so silky. Is it just me?

Soldato
So Poco F3 arrived and have it all set up.

The 120Hz refresh is lovely, albeit appears to not work 100% of the time. It's hard to explain but around the OS and in Firefox browser, it's silky smooth. However, when I then go into YouTube or Twitter, it's not so silky. Is it just me?

It went down to 60hz on my OnePlus 9 Pro on YouTube Scrolling too. Drove me mad. Do it on actual video playback that's fine but not when browsing. Pixel has this nailed.

Soldato
So you can't use gestures on the Poco F3 with a 3rd party launcher??

Well that sucks

Yup. To be fair, the Poco Launcher is fine. The only thing I miss is the ability to create folders to tidy up the app drawer. Perfectly functional otherwise.

I might have a browse on XDA and see if some clever folk have a solution for it.

Back
Top Bottom