**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Took the plunge on an F3 too the other day and cant fault it! Very impressive for the price. Sadly needed mine quicker than the lead times on the Poco sale website so had to pay a premium to get it from Amazon but such is life!

Soldato
Are there any decent Chinese phones which aren't enormous? I switched away from Android to an iPhone 12 mini as I prefer a smaller device. Want to go back to Android but can't find a decent sized phone.

Happy to go bigger than the 12 mini, but ideally not more than a 6 inch screen. Thanks!

Soldato
Are there any decent Chinese phones which aren't enormous? I switched away from Android to an iPhone 12 mini as I prefer a smaller device. Want to go back to Android but can't find a decent sized phone.

Happy to go bigger than the 12 mini, but ideally not more than a 6 inch screen. Thanks!

The small Xiaomi 12 and s22

Soldato
The Poco f4 is a disappointment. Almost the same as the f3 I already have. Slightly better screen and charges a bit faster, other than that it's the same phone :(

Associate
I managed to get an F3 at £209 and have text to ay it will be delivered today so looking forward to that. I now wish I bought another for wife who has old phone but price looks back to £350.

Can you suggest another low cost phone for her - no games, just some social media like facebook and some photos.

Under 200 if possible

cheers

Soldato
OP
I managed to get an F3 at £209 and have text to ay it will be delivered today so looking forward to that. I now wish I bought another for wife who has old phone but price looks back to £350.

Can you suggest another low cost phone for her - no games, just some social media like facebook and some photos.

Under 200 if possible

cheers

Poco F3 will be on offer again tomorrow apparently
https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal/3925751

Or the M4 Pro might be sufficient if she doesn't need 5g?
https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal/3925066

Soldato
Have you had your F3 for a while before applying the update?

I got my F3 two weeks ago and after booting up and messing around installing some apps, I got prompted to install the Android 12 update, so mine was virtually a fresh install and it has zero lag. The thing is blazing quick.

Caporegime
Have you had your F3 for a while before applying the update?

I got my F3 two weeks ago and after booting up and messing around installing some apps, I got prompted to install the Android 12 update, so mine was virtually a fresh install and it has zero lag. The thing is blazing quick.
Almost a year now. My first attempt at Android 12 didn't end well (the camera didn't work, nor screenshots and a bunch of other random things). Factory reset, installed Android 12 and removed bloat again - all good. Will keep an eye on it, as it seems more related to YT Vanced so could be an app problem rather than Android.

Caporegime
Any idea how to add a custom ringtone on the F3? I go through the logical steps but when I get to the screen which I know should give me options for which app should be used to find/apply the ringtone - all I get is Sound Recorder. The MP3 isn't showing in the list of available ringtones either. Hopefully I've just missed something as it shouldn't be this difficult to have a custom ringtone.

Edit - still not sure why it didn't give me the option of using one of the 2 file managers installed, but just copied and pasted the MP3 into a few different folders and it picked it up.

Permabanned
My Note 10 Pro has started to brick on the regular now. Won't respond and needs a full restart to get going. Might happen once a week but it's very irritating. A shame really as I've only had it around 6 months and despite the freezes it's a really solid phone.

Permabanned
Picked up one of these today, Xiaomi qin 2, its white, has a decent screen, 5.05" IPS 576x1440, octa core CPU, 2gb ram, 64gb storage, usb c and such a great size. Its tiny! Long aspect ratio. The speakers are loud and stereo!
I only paid £10 for it as a spare but haven't stopped playing with it all day. It has a western ROM flashed with a stock android 9. Runs great, I own a pixel 6 too and this next to it is tiny! Quirky little thing. Can't get over how small it is, I love small phones.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was really interested when I saw its small screen size. I would love a tiny Xiaomi but then I realised this is one of those proper budget devices :( (I'm assuming you meant to say you paid £100?)

Why can't Xiaomi make something this size with some decent specs...

Back
Top Bottom