**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I was really interested when I saw its small screen size. I would love a tiny Xiaomi but then I realised this is one of those proper budget devices :( (I'm assuming you meant to say you paid £100?)

Why can't Xiaomi make something this size with some decent specs...
I reckon he paid a tenner.

No way it's worth 100

Permabanned
I was really interested when I saw its small screen size. I would love a tiny Xiaomi but then I realised this is one of those proper budget devices :( (I'm assuming you meant to say you paid £100?)

Why can't Xiaomi make something this size with some decent specs...
The specs are decent considering, its definitely not a slouch, I'm used to the pixel 6 and although this isn't as snappy it really isn't slow at all. I paid £10. If it had 5g more ram and a front camera it would be perfect.
The screen size is so nice, perfect for one hand.
I paid £10.

Permabanned
It has an IR blaster on top too so perfect aa a smart remote or even little screen for pc temps/digital guage for racing games. Its light as a feather too.

Stuck Nova launcher on it with dove icon pack.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey folks. I'm new here and I have a couple of niggling questions.

1. That HotUKDeals website, how trustworthy is it? How many phones are being sold at discount prices. Is it just the one, or are there several up for grabs?
2. When you're not using HUKD, where do you buy your Chinese phones from? I purchased one in 2016 from Hong Kong Goldway on AliExpress.
3. Is AliExpress still a decent place to shop for Chinese phones?

That's it, for now (I think). Thanks to anyone who replies. Much appreciated.

Caporegime
Hey folks. I'm new here and I have a couple of niggling questions.

1. That HotUKDeals website, how trustworthy is it? How many phones are being sold at discount prices. Is it just the one, or are there several up for grabs?
2. When you're not using HUKD, where do you buy your Chinese phones from? I purchased one in 2016 from Hong Kong Goldway on AliExpress.
3. Is AliExpress still a decent place to shop for Chinese phones?

That's it, for now (I think). Thanks to anyone who replies. Much appreciated.
Welcome to the forums :)
  1. HDUK is fine and legitimate, been using it for years with no issues. The good deals usually have comments for further info/reassurance
  2. I bought my Poco F3 from Amazon but think I could have got directly as well. Used AliExpress to buy some VR stuff with no issue and a very similar site to my my mother-in-law's Mi A3, again with no issue
  3. Yes I believe so
Any phone in mind you're thinking of?

Soldato
That HotUKDeals website, how trustworthy is it? How many phones are being sold at discount prices. Is it just the one, or are there several up for grabs?
Just remember, HotUKDeals don't sell anything at all, let alone smartphones, so we can't comment on how safe they are for selling them. It's how safe are the places they link to, which is usually pretty safe though.

Associate
Welcome to the forums :)
  1. HDUK is fine and legitimate, been using it for years with no issues. The good deals usually have comments for further info/reassurance
  2. I bought my Poco F3 from Amazon but think I could have got directly as well. Used AliExpress to buy some VR stuff with no issue and a very similar site to my my mother-in-law's Mi A3, again with no issue
  3. Yes I believe so
Any phone in mind you're thinking of?
I've been looking at the forum posts and a lot of people are raving about the POCO F3. I might look into that. My Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO PRIME PLUS (mouthful) is having major battery issues. Not to mention the Android version is very old and a lot of apps are no longer supported. I'm just debating what sort of phone to buy - to future proof for 3 or so years.

Caporegime
I've been looking at the forum posts and a lot of people are raving about the POCO F3. I might look into that. My Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO PRIME PLUS (mouthful) is having major battery issues. Not to mention the Android version is very old and a lot of apps are no longer supported. I'm just debating what sort of phone to buy - to future proof for 3 or so years.
I have the Poco F3 and love it, but it does have quite a few 'I miss my premium days' niggles with it*. If you want a modern phone, great and fast screen, pretty good battery with fast charging, the usual bells and whistles and a camera that works well in great light - £200 is a steal for the F3. A brief look at the Note 3 Pro - the F3 would definitely a big jump. I've only had it a year, 3 might be a stretch for me.

*as with any other budget phone - the camera falls apart in low light, the most recent big Android update borked my phone but it was easily fixed with a factory reset, it went through a phase of constantly crashing Strava and a couple of random bugs.

Associate
My Oneplus 10R is getting minute scratches on the back because it is a plastic body! I need a back cover which should be lightweight or good phone skin.
I got no replies so I'm going to get the mobile skin for my 10R from Gadgetshieldz since Dbrand doesn't have it yet and a lightweight case in the box is enough for drop protection!

Last edited:
Permabanned
had my mi9 a couple of yrs, never again, flipping ads do my swede in, even after turning them off in settings they still appear in xiaomi apps like file manager
Step 1: Find the Private DNS setting.
Step 2: Select 'Private DNS provider hostname'
Step 3: Type 'dns.adguard.com' (without the quotes)

Enjoy ad free experience. (Not 100% sure if it works for the ads for those phones but it does for apps)

Back
Top Bottom