*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Davie and Red I've lost my internet connection! Bloody typical as we were running the nightfall! My router says PPP is up but I can't ping out to the Net. Cba to switch my router off for 20 mins to shut the PPP down on the Exchange so will be on tomorrow.

Shawrey

Associate
Davie and Red I've lost my internet connection! Bloody typical as we were running the nightfall! My router says PPP is up but I can't ping out to the Net. Cba to switch my router off for 20 mins to shut the PPP down on the Exchange so will be on tomorrow.

Shawrey

No probs, we tried it one more time and gave up. We can do it tomorrow or something.

Handy guide here for those running the hard raid tomorrow:

Especially the first boss. He recommends everyone throwing the bombs more or less as soon as they get them to reduce dying/damage from the adds. We can give it a try tomorrow to see how much difference it makes to bosses shield damage.

You also get lots more time on the Zamboni by the looks of things.

Last edited:
Soldato

sw6A95M01M4

Especially the first boss. He recommends everyone throwing the bombs more or less as soon as they get them to reduce dying/damage from the adds. We can give it a try tomorrow to see how much difference it makes to bosses shield damage.

The only possible issue is that even doing the 3 people pick bomb 1 run to bomb 2 and throw both strategy his overshield was regenerating so we were down ~130k damage over the 6 bomb strat. So on that basis if out timing was really bad we could end up doing only 12k damage rather than 650k+ of 6 bombs. It may work though as generally everyone was calling bombs around the same time.

Associate

A few tips for Vosik,

- Tether and Self-res works well in the middle, the warlock with Skorri will help the hunter to thether regularly to help the add control and generate orbs for DPS phase. And the warlock can push in for the further bomb as he has a self-res.
- Especially for the very first set of bombs, clear the adds first before throwing. But yes, throw the bombs quickly, none of this "ready, set, 5,4,3,2,1 ok, throw"
- Nuke the captains with Gally when they come out, nightmare trying to deal with one without heavy when he is glitching about.
- For the shank phase, focus on the exploders as a priority.
- Again for shank phase, if one bomb dropped front mid, we just left it. Too much risk vs reward.

Caporegime
Why not just infuse the blues into your exotics/kf raid gear?! But yes farm strikes til 360 ish then you can play the raid!

worst thing you could do tbh waste of materials as he would be doing that every drop he gets.

just use your high level blue gear until your of a decent level and have decent tier 12 gear you want to infuse for trials/banner/raiding

Associate
Jumped about 10 levels in a day doing strikes.. now 366

Never done a raid since vault of glass on Xbox but now I'm on PS4...

Tag is Conscept

If anyone wants to team up for raid or strikes

Associate
No probs, we tried it one more time and gave up. We can do it tomorrow or something.

Seems to be a better tactic rather than waiting for the count down on Voksis. Even with the fully levelled Raid armour and 388 I'm still sometimes flashing red by the time I've thrown so made that dash for cover a little more precarious and noticed sometimes the adds just swamped you on the right.

Rest day from gym today so will be on from 18:30.

Shawrey

Associate
Seems to be a better tactic rather than waiting for the count down on Voksis. Even with the fully levelled Raid armour and 388 I'm still sometimes flashing red by the time I've thrown so made that dash for cover a little more precarious and noticed sometimes the adds just swamped you on the right.

Rest day from gym today so will be on from 18:30.

Shawrey

Yes, I was dying a lot waiting on the countdown and when you don't have self rez its a wipe basically. We could even just throw roughly when the last person says they've picked up. Countdown works well on normal mode and I thought it would be similar for HM but...

We can try it for nothing.

Soldato
Definitely worth having the chest raid armour levelled up then.

I saw a Strat for the zamboni where you just wait to blast all the dropship adds before you start moving the parts, looks pretty sound

Soldato
That hard mode was stupidly easy, we wiped once on the last boss only cause we wasn't ready for the change and that was it. Done in under an hour, and we finished the death zamboni in 4mins:30seconds~. Noticed the mobs didn't go above 390 and the changes were all pretty tame.

Soldato
Sorry about last night guys. Was not a good night for me.. :(

Should be ok to pick it up again either over the W/E or before reset. Feel free to replace me if you want to get it done and I am not online. :)

(I will of course expect a carry on reset though.... :p)

Soldato
That hard mode was stupidly easy, we wiped once on the last boss only cause we wasn't ready for the change and that was it. Done in under an hour, and we finished the death zamboni in 4mins:30seconds~. Noticed the mobs didn't go above 390 and the changes were all pretty tame.

Yeah it was a good run, I know the changes are massive but it seemed we got through some of it quicker than on normal mode. I will get on the grind toward dark drinker and hopefully I get lucky enough to get the lmg again so I have all the heavy weapons needed for the Aksis fight.

Assuming I can stop killing myself with my own rockets, I am up for having another run on my titan before reset if people are around.

Sorry about last night guys. Was not a good night for me.. :(

Should be ok to pick it up again either over the W/E or before reset. Feel free to replace me if you want to get it done and I am not online. :)

(I will of course expect a carry on reset though.... :p)

Don't worry about it, no point forcing yourself to play when you're feeling rough. Ended up being a space with Moe so got my warlock up to 391 :) and with all the old stuff on my titan he is now 388 so can run HM again before reset.

Associate
FORUM WARS

FORUM WARS XBOX ONE

Hi guys I am in a clan on another forum with about 15 active crucible players from our 70 or so clan members. Some very casual and some just casual :) KD's av between 0.6 and 1.2 so very average!

I was playing trials the other week and saw a clan tag which I presumed was someone from here??

Got me thinking anyway... When the raids have got old perhaps we could have some fun private matches between us? Maybe an a and b team for 6's 3's etc?

I don't know if its ok to mention the other forum at this point as it may be seen as spam but its a tech forum with all adults. Let me know what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom