*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
If there is a space on a HM run pre reset (or finishing where we left off last time) I am down (so Monday 7 onwards).

Midgen - Are you looking at a HM fresh run post reset?

Just want to get it done and hopefully get the pulse. Although knowing my RNG I will get the HC about 1,000 times before it drops.

On a slightly related note I now see a couple of people have solo'd Aksis... :eek:

Slayerage made it seem like he was just running a 320 strike with how calm he was.

Associate
If there is a space on a HM run pre reset (or finishing where we left off last time) I am down (so Monday 7 onwards).

Just want to get it done and hopefully get the pulse. Although knowing my RNG I will get the HC about 1,000 times before it drops.

On a slightly related note I now see a couple of people have solo'd Aksis... :eek:

Slayerage made it seem like he was just running a 320 strike with how calm he was.

Same here would like to get it done, I'll be on around 7pm too. We have the first checkpoint but I don't mind restarting if there's anyone who wasn't there tuesday.

Soldato

Yeah I'm down for a HM run on Tuesday.....our old KF HM group up for it? I've only got time for one run this week..

1. middgen
2. OweO
3. Redrooster?
4. Greeboth?
5. Moe ?
6. Venom?

Found this raid much more talk heavy so it's rough with random groups. KF you can pretty much do without voice comms at all but WoTM, especially Aksis is totally dependent on good communication.

Associate

I'll be around tonight for another stab with my squishy warlock.

Soldato

I'll be about tonight from around 7ish too. If we run it I will be on my titan but not too fussed about missing the first chest so we can carry on from Vosik. I might also be on BF1 but if we get enough people send me an invite and I will swap to Destiny.

Yeah I'm down for a HM run on Tuesday.....our old KF HM group up for it? I've only got time for one run this week..

1. middgen
2. OweO
3. Redrooster?
4. Greeboth - 390 Warlock
5. Moe ?
6. Venom?

Found this raid much more talk heavy so it's rough with random groups. KF you can pretty much do without voice comms at all but WoTM, especially Aksis is totally dependent on good communication.

I'm good for Tuesday and I will be home early for once so happy to start anytime after 6:30-7 :)

Soldato
So.. anyone fancy a HM attempt with my squishy Warlock tonight?

I am free all night tonight.. which never ever happens these days... so pick a time to start :D

1. Evil_Par5n1p, 370, Warlock, Sunsinger Self Res

I'm not expecting much, given my low light level I suspect people may bypass this.. but "shy bairns get nowt" as they say up here :)

Soldato
So.. Squisky HM Raid tonight...

1. Evil_Par5n1p, 370, Warlock, Sunsinger Self Res

I don't want to be that guy and I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I don't think you're going to enjoy HM at 370. Once you get past the entrance everything is at 390, you will be facing massive damage reduction penalties and you will die very quickly if anything looks your way. You might be better getting your light level up to 380 before attempting hard mode.

Associate
I don't want to be that guy and I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I don't think you're going to enjoy HM at 370. Once you get past the entrance everything is at 390, you will be facing massive damage reduction penalties and you will die very quickly if anything looks your way. You might be better getting your light level up to 380 before attempting hard mode.

+1 you will get 1 shotted at 370 by the adds alone and do no damage.

I would get to 380 - 385 if I was you, it will be a lot more fun.

Add Abitar on PSN if you are short and need an extra pair of hands ;)

Soldato
Ok I will be on tonight from 7ish so if there is a run ping me an invite. :)

Definitely up for the post reset run.

That's fair enough, I have no issues with people expressing opinions!

Tbh.. I'm not expecting this to actually go ahead due to my light level and people not wanting to play with a character of this light but I'm trying to get this going as I literally get no chance these days to do these activities.. I'm clutching at straws..

I'm planning on playing archons forge for a few hours before hand to raise my light also.

Soldato
I'll be able to join you guys for a hard mode run if you start at between 18:30-19:00.

Is that for tonight or tomorrow night?

That's fair enough, I have no issues with people expressing opinions!

Tbh.. I'm not expecting this to actually go ahead due to my light level and people not wanting to play with a character of this light but I'm trying to get this going as I literally get no chance these days to do these activities.. I'm clutching at straws..

I'm planning on playing archons forge for a few hours before hand to raise my light also.

I can appreciate your dilemma but if your aim is to up your light then HM raid isn't the way to do it. You would be better off spending your time running a NM raid as at 371 you could complete a NM raid and get all the chests and drops whereas HM you would be lucky to get even get the first drop. If you can get in a on NM raid with monitors, then at the completion of the quest you'll get a 390 primary.

Caporegime
I'd be grinding out strikes as much as possible with ToC's and vanguard boosters so that you level up via your vanguard and with ToC's get some exotic drops.

This weekend just gone I was 370-ish so spent most of the weekend doing daily bounties, heroic strikes and archon forging. Last night I managed to hit 384 so I'm at a level where I can do a HM raid but I want todo a few NM raid completions before trying HM. Also I need to do a raid for my outbreak prime quest.

But as much as it's mind numbingly boring grinding heroic strikes and archon forge, it's really the only way you can get your LL higher along with a few NM raid completions. That's how I managed to hit my 384 last night, keep in mind I've only done one NM raid completion up to now.

Saying that I have a load of exotic engrams sat in my vault which I'm not decrypting till I hit 390 at the minimum so I can get as high a drop with them.

Back
Top Bottom