*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Actually, a post on Reddit or a search might be a good place to start.

The game is quite complex at first but once you get in the swing of things it gets much easier.

Play through the story missions, then dark below content followed by House of Wolves then Taken King.
Finally, play Rise of Iron missions and then look into Raiding as the raids are being updated to new maximum light varieties.

Soldato
I'd prefer to run my warlock as he's at 399 but can run my titan as well which is at about395.

I wonder if there are any big changes to the raid. I'm glad I've done the middle section legit as well as all the ones who've only cheesed it will have that section to learn. Its not hard anyway and quite enjoyable doing it right.

I bet the rocks at the end of the first section are long gone.

I note from the release trailer that there are now King's Fall esque statues by the door on the far side of the bridge. I can only imagine that we have to each carry something across to open the door?! All of the cheeses I will assume have been removed. Ir Yut and Crota will probably have some changes (especially with challenge mode) but I am struggling to think of what they could be right now (maybe Crota is much more mobile?!)

Any tips or essential reading/viewing for a complete Destiny newbie? I have just picked up the game today for PS4 and will be starting from scratch with absolutely no knowledge. Figured that now The Division seems to have been put into 'maintenance mode' of development it will be going nowhere, whereas at least playing through Destiny will be experience well served for D2 later this year.
I've had a search, but most beginner type guides seem to be a couple of years old and I'm conscious that much has changed.

Actually, a post on Reddit or a search might be a good place to start.

The game is quite complex at first but once you get in the swing of things it gets much easier.

Play through the story missions, then dark below content followed by House of Wolves then Taken King.
Finally, play Rise of Iron missions and then look into Raiding as the raids are being updated to new maximum light varieties.

This basically but be aware that the story structure was changed in either TTK or ROI to make it more logical for newer players.

Essentially play the missions as the game triggers them (it may trigger a few at a time which then branch out). Once done start working through the strike playlists and other quests until you are Raid ready light wise. Make sure to align yourself with a faction early on to start the rep gain process. Also when decoding engrams make sure you do one at a time to maximise the potential light level gain.

If you search this thread I did a largish post on this a while back.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction :)

EDIT: Found this guide. Currently reading though, thought I'd leave a link in case anyone else is in my situation!

Last edited:
Soldato
I still play on PS4 (though I haven't since Zelda:BOTW was released) so feel free to add me once your level is up. PSN is Lymphatik

I've been roped into playing some CE tonight

Soldato
Good run tonight guys :)

Putting down a time for us to finish off Crota on Thursday:

PS4 - CE Reset run (390 light challenge mode- Crota only) - 8PM 30/03/2017

- OweO
- JPM
- Rooster
- Sk8board_Pete
- DavieM66
- MachM

Just watched a GladHeAteHer solo the damn thing....

A couple points I noted:

- Fusion grenades + Shotty for the Sword bearer
- Sleeper Simulant for the oversoul (I think a couple people running this would really help)
- He did it on four rotations due to the way he took down Crota. We can mix and match depending on who is running the sword.
- He completely ignored the boomers (although this may only work solo)

I will switch over to Pigtails for fusion goodness. :)

EDIT: Yr 3 Necrochasm quest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6222ej/y3_necrochasm_complete_quest/

(potential spoilers if you don't want to know the steps end to end right now).

Soldato
Agreed, for £26 there is a lot to see and do right now. All the content is relevant either as progression (story) or end game (strikes, NF, Raids, POE, crucible, ToO).

If you are interested in getting D2 it is worth playing D1 to flesh out the background and basis for the story (there is a story it is just hidden in Grimore and "between the lines" - note this is something that I feel could and should have been done better).

Caporegime
How do you read about the lore? I see these cards are unlocked in game but where are they viewed?

I am very interested in Destiny 2.

I've always held off because it felt like a bit of a disaster at launch, but now it seems like it's a good game.

Soldato
Bungie.net and IIRC there are websites and youtubers that go into more depth. MynameisByf is good for the lore aspect (although recently his videos have been more hype / theories than lore).

EDIT: Yes the Grimore cards are unlocked through playing the game (although some are related to "hidden" quests / harder than just completing a set mission).

Last edited:
Associate
Enjoyed the Crota run last night, was a laugh to be in a raid again. Looking forward to smashing him on Thursday.

Will there be anybody on tonight who fancies a NF or two? I need those blue flames (and a shot at Icebreaker I suppose). I'll be on from about 6 to 7:30.

Soldato
I did love how you had to save the day in the Abyss. When Rooster went down I thought we would see the skull icon but then I saw you hiding behind the rock... :p

The subtle tweaks they made to that section (it felt like the thrall were both larger in number and quicker to spawn) really ramped up the dynamic at the end. Maybe I am just forgetting what it was like when I was level 31/32 doing CE HM?!

Back
Top Bottom