*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Just watched some videos. Looks decidedly meh to me to be honest, to me it looked like skinned multiplatform halo with underpoweres weapons and titanfall jetpacks

I was not overly impressed at first but after giving it a good go I was hooked. It's a very satisfying game to play especially when working as a team.

You really need to play it and give it a good go..

Associate
I was not overly impressed at first but after giving it a good go I was hooked. It's a very satisfying game to play especially when working as a team.

You really need to play it and give it a good go..

Sums it up nicely for me. As a single player game its not that impressive, but as part of a group of friends/fire team its a completley different game. Along with the subclass options for the the main class its going to make for some intresting choices when leveling up.

Soldato
I loved my time with the beta. I even enjoyed my brief MP experience with it which surprised me as I don't usually like TDM type multiplayer. I love exploring, levelling and gear stat games anyway so this is all perfect for me. Co-op stuff is cool.

Day one.

Soldato
There will be 5-6 of me and my mates teaming up on this - we ought to arrange some matches against the OCUK group.
I know I'm in the OCUK clan too and will team up with you guys, but would be fun to pit me and my mates in some 6v6 matches against people from here. Going off the people on my friends list, it should produce some close games!

Soldato
I actually still didn't play any of it co-op or competitive, just the story as single player then all the exploration and it was still a GREAT experience. The gunplay is just bang on (as expected from the makers of Halo!) and the RPG elements give you a bit of motivation to not rush through areas.

Associate
So I haven't been following this game as closely as I normally do, and I know there is allot of hype for this game. So I will be getting this regardless if I have tried it or not, I usually play the healer type in MMo's but slowly trying to get into the tanking role (I know its not your typical MMo Game)

The Guardian is the closest out of the classes I think will suite this need for me but is it an actual 'Tank' role?

I am currently at work so I am unable to look at the sites which will usually give me the information but can someone break down the game for me if they don't mind?

Soldato
Wasn't really sold by the beta. Never got to play with anyone though. Reminded me of mix of borderland and defiance. Defiance I loved for a bit but got boring quick. I just hope it isn't going to be the same.

Caporegime
Ah right thanks for that, so what are the peoples thoughts on the Titan for those who have played them? With it being the 'Tank' are the weapons limited to heavy weapons?

I think Shami is more correct that there are no specific roles as such. All classes can wield all weapons. There is no difference in starting attack strength or defense. It all just comes down to the weaponry and armour you have. The only thing differentiating the three really is the special ability, melee attack and grenades. (At first glance anyway.)

Caporegime
Prettty sure one of the Warlock sub-classes (Sunsinger) can become a decent healer - depends on what skill trees you decide to unlock/utilise. Its all the abilities that define what roles the Titan, Warlock and Hunter can be - not their loadout...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Prettty sure one of the Warlock sub-classes (Sunsinger) can become a decent healer - depends on what skill trees you decide to unlock/utilise. Its all the abilities that define what roles the Titan, Warlock and Hunter can be - not their loadout...

I noticed that there was some healing but didn't realise it could be tweeked that much, look forward to trying it. What interested me on one of the talents on the warlock was combustion which I assume is going to be a DOT.

I still reckon the majority of people are going to play the Hunter though as it was the favourite class for the streamers... I'm sticking to the Warlock however I hope they change the stupid band.. I mean the Hunter gets a nice cape and the Warlock gets some armband that you can hardly see (my only moan..)

Caporegime
I noticed that there was some healing but didn't realise it could be tweeked that much, look forward to trying it. What interested me on one of the talents on the warlock was combustion which I assume is going to be a DOT.

I still reckon the majority of people are going to play the Hunter though as it was the favourite class for the streamers... I'm sticking to the Warlock however I hope they change the stupid band.. I mean the Hunter gets a nice cape and the Warlock gets some armband that you can hardly see (my only moan..)
I dont know how much it can be tweaked I just remember its Super was a healing one - for Hunter its more melee vs gunplay and Titan is its defensive vs attacking buffs.

After playing all 3 classes I think Warlock is nice for overall play while Hunter seems to be the PvP class because Golden Gun is so useful there. Titan all in all is kinda boring...

Back
Top Bottom