1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Jase, Feb 12, 2013.

1. the_dead_parrot

Wise Guy

Used Xurs three coin and got an exotic engram from a strike. Turns into the impossible machines gloves which I had already bought from him today. Bloody game.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. fez

Capodecina

They have made is so that when you buy the year 1 exotic engram it is heavily weighted towards those you haven't got.

3. Reeve

Mobster

It actually makes sense to me, I thought it was silly when the game first came out that you had to have legendaries to get higher light gear. This new change is a welcome transition back to the norm for me as its been the same way in pretty much any MMO I've played where the level of the item is independent of its quality.

If you could only get higher light gear in the form of legendaries then you would also have a lot of difficulty increasing light level past 280 as you would need to infuse legendaries with other higher level trash legendaries to level up. This would mean either legendaries would have to become more common at higher level or progression would stall.

4. ic1male

Caporegime

Do you use one at a time? Is there a duration it lasts for?

5. ic1male

Caporegime

Is anybody else going mad with Xur's helmet engram? I've got an interesting helmet called "The Stag" now.

6. the_dead_parrot

Wise Guy

I bought five and used them all at once. It shows on your weapons and armour screen but it doesn't show a timer. Just ran the strike and got it from killing the final boss.

Not sure if its the ultra you kill, but I got nothing from the servitors early on.

7. fez

Capodecina

I couldn't be bothered to keep spamming the helmet. And the three of coins is stackable so you use 10 and you have more chance of a drop than if you use 1. Doesn't seem to be a duration.

I've killed a few ultras with the three of coins effect on and got nothing and the modifier is still active. Seems to just stay until you get a drop.

8. ic1male

Caporegime

Why did you use all five at once? Is that where the stackable thing comes from? The more you use, the higher chance of an exotic engram?

EDIT: Looks like Fez just answered. :p

9. Steedie

Man of Honour

Did the buff disappear once you finished the strike?

10. jdwhalley

Gangster

I lost interest and didn't play HoW much, but really impressed with TTK so far. Bungie have done a great job with story, the new strikes are really well designed, and there appears to be less grind (marks are obtained at a quicker rate....but capped, and there need to play everything 3 times on each character). I know some will say it's been 'casualised', but the grind did burn me out, so just right now.

Spent the last couple of days doing 5 36 strikes and 5 heroic strikes and already light 287. Getting drops is more exciting, everything doesn't immediately get dismantled.

If anyone fancies a nightfall over the weekend, hit me up.

PSN: jwhalley

11. Fallen god

Soldato

380 coins to try for hawkmoon, only missing that and Turth.

12. thor

Wise Guy

To be fair, I don't think Bungie agrees with your thoughts that exotics should be the best items in the game by a long way. They've specifically said that they're situational items with unique perks. We've just assumed that they should be the best. Even then, history has shown that's not the case as many legendary weapons have been head and shoulders above exotics.

13. the_dead_parrot

Wise Guy

Yes but that might be because I got an exotic engram. Will get some more and try again.

14. WriteThatD0wn

Gangster

I think its only a heavy legacy engram so don't go wasting motes expecting hawkmoon.

15. Si.

Wise Guy

What's the deal with Xur's heavy Engram, bought 3 and all are Year 1 exotics... that can't be right.

16. ic1male

Caporegime

It says "Legacy Exotic Engram" so it's to fill in your collection of Year 1 stuff. You should read this thread more. :p

17. WriteThatD0wn

Gangster

It is a legacy heavy engram so will only give you year 1 exotics weighted in favour of guns you dont already have (if you havent got the all already!)

Xur does not have any yr2 guns for sale today, I suspect this may be a theme as many of them are linked to quests now.

18. Si.

Wise Guy

I don't mind too much that it's legacy, but I got 3 things I already had. grrr.. Glad I've still got 400 coins left....

19. ic1male

Caporegime

I've not seen any quests that reward an exotic item? Can you let me know of any so I can see if I've done it or not? :)

20. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Clue is in the name, legacy engram.

Got my 2.0 exotic collection off to a good start

Helm of St 14
    Insurmountable Skullfort
    Helm of inmost light
    The Stag
    obsidian mind
    Knucklehead radar
    Light beyond nemesis
    Graviton Forfeit