*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
I haven't see any glimmer dropping when killing yellow bars, but then I'm doing quests so perhaps they aren't dropping in the quests but I don't think they are dropping even in other activities. For instance I was on the moon doing a bounty there the other night and I had to kill 10 majors, killed all 10 but no glimmer.

I recall one of my xbox buddies saying you can't farm for glimmer, so all those black wax idols, ether seeds etc are of no use??

Maybe I am wrong, glimmer is only something I particular focus on when I want to use it for something and don't have enough. Though something certainly drops glimmer as I keep spending loads but don't think I have been below about 15k since TTK dropped. I haven't farmed glimmer since TTK dropped but did farm in the week between 2.0 and TTK and, as you can't launch missions with lots of yellow bars, it is harder to farm glimmer. However pop the consumables and even red bar enemies dropped glimmer. You don't get that much but somewhere like the first room in the omnigul strikes gets you about 1-1.5k.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe I am wrong, glimmer is only something I particular focus on when I want to use it for something and don't have enough. Though something certainly drops glimmer as I keep spending loads but don't think I have been below about 15k since TTK dropped. I haven't farmed glimmer since TTK dropped but did farm in the week between 2.0 and TTK and, as you can't launch missions with lots of yellow bars, it is harder to farm glimmer. However pop the consumables and even red bar enemies dropped glimmer. You don't get that much but somewhere like the first room in the omnigul strikes gets you about 1-1.5k.

Perhaps you are right, I see glimmer dropping from the ones I kill but unlike before ttk, it would tell u how much ie 25 for a yellow etc...now it doesn't tell u. Like u I haven't been below 15k glimmer, strange as I'm always upgrading my armour or weapons and it's using glimmer but doesn't seem to be having a huge effect on my total.

Last edited:
Associate
Helmet engram from Xur...Helm of St 14, excellent I was hoping for the year 2 version. Two more engrams...both St 14! Damn it!

Wait, what? You got three St14s and they were all year one? I thought that apart from the legacy engram everything would be year two?

Oh no, it was year 2. I wasn't being sarcastic in my post :) I was genuinely happy to get the year 2 version. I just didn't need it in triplicate.
:D

Having read it back I can see now that it looks like I was being sarcastic haha!

Soldato
On the previous page i was saying i may pick this up again, however all this destiny jargon is confusing lol! Will all these currencies vendors etc be explained once i get back to the game or is it not that hard to pick up

Soldato
Tempted with taken King

Currently have Collectors Edition of Destiny

Am I right in thinking please that my two options are the digital upgrade direct from Sony store or physical Leg edition

Leg edition is only three pounds more do I get anything useful with it ?

Although I guess a new shiny disk at least ?:)

Cheers

Soldato
It's all straightforward now, they've improved things immensely since the vanilla release a year ago :)

Ok sounds good :) just reading a few pages on here and i havent a clue what everyone is on about lol im sure i will grasp it. Kind of tempted to go digital, can have it for about £49 using psn cards from cdkeys. How bad is the download?

Associate
I just had a go at cheesing the scourge of winter. Got 5 exotic engrams in about 25 minutes which decrypted into:

Knucklehead radar
Starfire protocol
The stag
The jade rabbit (exotic scout rifle)
Zhalo supercell (exotic arc auto rifle)

The arc auto rifle and scout look pretty sweet!

Edit: Just also got a year 2 monte carlo and an exotic void fusion rifle called teleston

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom