*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Of course u don't but unless you are super duper fast at getting 2 shots in before someone nails u then fair enough...I'm not that good nor quick enough to get 2 hilt shots in.

I mean good for u if you can kill people with 2 hilt shots in, I'm impressed, very impressed so therefore bow down to your superiority in Destiny:p ....now to put the icing on the cake, just need psycho sonny aka Mr destiny to come in and put his 2p worth in lol.

Milky I appreciate the help bud, if I'm online then I'll give u a shout mate.

You don't have to be good, just lucky, you'll be amazed at how many kills you can get with the sword hilt, third person view adds to being able to see where your opponent is, I absolutely suck at the crucible (I'm not at all great at destiny period!) and it took me around 40 minutes to get the 25 kills using just the hilt.

Man of Honour
Of course u don't but unless you are super duper fast at getting 2 shots in before someone nails u then fair enough...I'm not that good nor quick enough to get 2 hilt shots in.

I mean good for u if you can kill people with 2 hilt shots in, I'm impressed, very impressed so therefore bow down to your superiority in Destiny:p ....now to put the icing on the cake, just need psycho sonny aka Mr destiny to come in and put his 2p worth in lol.

It's really not that hard, just time consuming. I got my 25 kills, and only 2 of those were with heavy ammo. The rest were hilt kills. I did mine on Rumble as facing less players meant there was less chance of people stealing my kills. It also meant I could come up behind someone who'd just been in a fight and kill him before his shield regenned. Took me a couple of hours at most, but well worth doing.

Man of Honour
If I got a 310 thunderlord or truth I probably would use it to infuse the sleeper, I think it'll be a good DPS boost on golgoroth/warpriest. I'm keeping my void raid launcher for clearing the centurion adds on deathsinger though.
Sleeper isn't a good DPS boost. Snipers are still better as they shoot so much faster and reload quicker. One of the guys in my last raid group was using it, and my Spindle was doing at least the double the DPS.

Where I have found it to be great is for bosses like the Taken champions. I was soloing a Charged Agornarch rune earlier and I had the Sleeper. It took the Champion out with the full 7 shots. It was better than a sniper simply because I could hip fire it and still do massive damage.

Can't wait to get it above 300 though, I think it could be very powerful then.

Soldato
So is trials of oryx taken king content? I ask cause I can't seem to locate it, I've done a few missions of new content but been doing prison of elders as I really could do with some decent legendary (purple) guns

Soldato
So is trials of oryx taken king content? I ask cause I can't seem to locate it, I've done a few missions of new content but been doing prison of elders as I really could do with some decent legendary (purple) guns

Yea its located on the patrol of the new area for the taken king! Called the dreadnaught, takes a few story missions to unlock if i remember correctly

Soldato
Prison of elders will only give you old gear so you are better off doing ttk missions and quests rather than PoE. Court of Oryx is accesible on patrol on the dreadnaught. From memory you only unlock patrol on the dreadnaught near or at the end of the ttk story missions.

Caporegime
Anyone around to give me a hand trying to get these damned 25 kills in crucible for the exotic sword?? Just played 2 games and not a single sword kill so either I'm just absolutely **** or just unbearably unlucky lol.

Soldato
Not sure what mayhem games are on atm, but I did it there as heavy drops quick. Make sure to use 3rd person to your advantage and creep up on people around corners. I suck at pvp but managed it that way after 5 games.

Caporegime
Not sure what mayhem games are on atm, but I did it there as heavy drops quick. Make sure to use 3rd person to your advantage and creep up on people around corners. I suck at pvp but managed it that way after 5 games.

It's mayhem rumble so basically a free for all, which I have done a few games of and again just extremely unlucky that I couldn't get a few kills.

Anyhow gonna keep trying, really despise crucible lol.

Soldato
Be sneaky, keep your special for when the heavy is about to drop to clear the area. Grab it and run! Then use the corners and spam that R1 button when someone is close, it's almost like having blade dancer using the sword.

Caporegime
Be sneaky, keep your special for when the heavy is about to drop to clear the area. Grab it and run! Then use the corners and spam that R1 button when someone is close, it's almost like having blade dancer using the sword.

Haha yes thats what i was doing or trying to do but damn these players are good, its like they have a 6th sense that im coming up from behind them lol.

Meh given up now, dont think im going to bother with this crappy quest in order to get an exotic sword, right now its at 294 and is ok-ish for damage but i dont tend to use it all that much...prefer using rockets or machine gun. I just hate the fact that it forces you to play crucible to get that exotic sword when i have absolute sweet FA interest in that part of the game itself.

Soldato
Any chance I could get two of you lovely people to come on a strike with me tomorrow night and poop orbs so that I can get the requisite Golden Gun kills for Cayde's Challenge? Thinking of doing the Devils strike on Earth, and just running all the way back to where the 3 Major Hive are sat and Super'ing them, and then getting the remaining 12 kills needed on normal enemies throughout the strike. Basically I need to Super at least 5/6 times.

Soldato
Any chance I could get two of you lovely people to come on a strike with me tomorrow night and poop orbs so that I can get the requisite Golden Gun kills for Cayde's Challenge? Thinking of doing the Devils strike on Earth, and just running all the way back to where the 3 Major Hive are sat and Super'ing them, and then getting the remaining 12 kills needed on normal enemies throughout the strike. Basically I need to Super at least 5/6 times.

For the super challenges, I found the Nexus strike on Venus pretty useful, just stay in the starting area where Fallen and Vex are fighting as they respawn regularly and there are enough of them to get quite a few kills each time. Obviously it's easier with a team you know or solo since randoms will run off and start taking out the servitors.

Soldato

I found that to be a good strike to do it on, but I just popped in with randoms. As you say haul ass back to the hive guys, running back upstairs to kill fallen to build up your super, once that bit is done haul ass to the strike. I find they are normally onto the walker by the time I get back, Pretty easy.

Caporegime
Yay finally managed to get the 25 kills. Thanks to fez who helped me out and let me kill him a few times. Now got to farm for relic iron then grrrr void ability kills on crucible again :(. This makes me a very sad panda :p

Back
Top Bottom