*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Pity you can only equip one exotic ay a time.

Not to mention the Sleeper is quite frankly "meh" if you have a decent high impact sniper rifle....

I think I should play more crucible when I am ill. Did the daily one yesterday and went ham with my year 1 Bad Juju. Unfortunately being ill I also ****** up at the speaker and bought two cloaks when converting shards into motes (using the motes I just got as well.....). Spamming the convert button really wasn't a good idea.. :o

Soldato
Haha yes thats what i was doing or trying to do but damn these players are good, its like they have a 6th sense that im coming up from behind them lol.

Meh given up now, dont think im going to bother with this crappy quest in order to get an exotic sword, right now its at 294 and is ok-ish for damage but i dont tend to use it all that much...prefer using rockets or machine gun. I just hate the fact that it forces you to play crucible to get that exotic sword when i have absolute sweet FA interest in that part of the game itself.

Play mayhem or what ever it is, even a terrible PvP player can get 25 sword kills in 3-4 rounds.

Also, the raze lighter for instance, will one hit almost all majors, and will rinse court of Oryx ultras in 3-4 hits.
They are far more powerful and ammo efficient than machine guns and launchers.

Associate
Your ability kills don't have to be in crucible, can do them in PvE man.

I've now completed the raid with all my characters, they're all 299+ :). Still no ghost she'll though...

Oh mate, savage. I'd offer you one of my 3 but, hey, ya know... :D

Finished it 4 times last week inc. a monday night wrap up from last week. We even had a run that was 1h15m, properly tore through it. Wardy and Dave got their first finishes a well which is great!

Caporegime
Your ability kills don't have to be in crucible, can do them in PvE man.

I've now completed the raid with all my characters, they're all 299+ :). Still no ghost she'll though...

Yeh I just realised that after having a look online about the quest. Will have to get on with it tonight.

As for the shell?? That's rng for u, I didn't get anything other than mouldering shards on Friday when we tried the raid.

Play mayhem or what ever it is, even a terrible PvP player can get 25 sword kills in 3-4 rounds.

Also, the raze lighter for instance, will one hit almost all majors, and will rinse court of Oryx ultras in 3-4 hits.
They are far more powerful and ammo efficient than machine guns and launchers.

Yes that's what I ended up playing but my mistake was that I wasn't using my blade dancer subclass which allows me to go invisible. Soon as I changed over to that, I managed to get my 25 kills in a few games with fez helping me out by being a sacrificial lamb lol.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh I know everyone is getting all excited about the sleeper exotic but have u seen the dead orbit fusion rifle?? To me it looks like the sleeper but in a legendary guise ie the impact on it is insanely high.

It's the hitchhiker FR4.

Really need to try and get the raid done at some point, I don't see any xbox'ers putting up any lists like we used to before ttk dropped. Shame really as I enjoyed raiding with the guys on here. Think I'm going to have to go on lfg and find a group to raid with. Got 2 quest lines that are raid specific that I want to finish off as well.

Man of Honour
I think I might need to take a break from Destiny now, as I realised last night I now have very little left to do. I've finished the raid multiple times now. All 3 characters are 301+. I've got the Touch of Malice, Sleeper Simulant, all 3 exotic swords, and all 3 class specific exotics. The only ones I've not got are the Chaperone and the one you can get at level 5 gunsmith. I think now that other than grinding to try to get all 3 classes as close to 310 as possible, I don't have a huge amount left to do now. It might finally be time to head back to MGS5 for a bit.

Soldato
Oh I know everyone is getting all excited about the sleeper exotic but have u seen the dead orbit fusion rifle?? To me it looks like the sleeper but in a legendary guise ie the impact on it is insanely high.

It's the hitchhiker FR4.

Really need to try and get the raid done at some point, I don't see any xbox'ers putting up any lists like we used to before ttk dropped. Shame really as I enjoyed raiding with the guys on here. Think I'm going to have to go on lfg and find a group to raid with. Got 2 quest lines that are raid specific that I want to finish off as well.

Go on the100.io and join a group on there, you get placed in a group of 100 people that suit your style/timezone/game times. You can also just make/join public raids whenever.

It's so much better than LFG really, give it a go. It has a karma system which roots out the idiots.

Soldato
I think I might need to take a break from Destiny now, as I realised last night I now have very little left to do. I've finished the raid multiple times now. All 3 characters are 301+. I've got the Touch of Malice, Sleeper Simulant, all 3 exotic swords, and all 3 class specific exotics. The only ones I've not got are the Chaperone and the one you can get at level 5 gunsmith. I think now that other than grinding to try to get all 3 classes as close to 310 as possible, I don't have a huge amount left to do now. It might finally be time to head back to MGS5 for a bit.

You don't have all three faction exotics for each class? Casual :p

Caporegime
Go on the100.io and join a group on there, you get placed in a group of 100 people that suit your style/timezone/game times. You can also just make/join public raids whenever.

It's so much better than LFG really, give it a go. It has a karma system which roots out the idiots.

Yep that's the site fez told me about last night, I'll have a look later on when I get a chance.

But in the meantime I'll try and set up a raid for tomorrow evening.

So Xbox one kings fall raid tomorrow 8pm. Put your names down if any of you fancy giving it a go. I've done all the parts up till Golgoroth but not past it. The jumping ships is something I'm not looking forward to but will give it a go as best I can.

1. R0gue360

Would help if we can get a couple experienced raiders to help out if possible. No elitism here :p.

Caporegime

It's the hitchhiker FR4.

normal fusion rifles don't even come close to doing the damage the sleeper does.

It uses a completely different damage model as its technically a heavy and uses heavy ammo rather than special. Sleeper can hit for 100,000 plus damage when combined with the appropriate boosts. You won't get that from a normal fusion rifle.

don't forget no time to explain ;) Although nobody has figured out how we get it yet.

Caporegime
normal fusion rifles don't even come close to doing the damage the sleeper does.

It uses a completely different damage model as its technically a heavy and uses heavy ammo rather than special. Sleeper can hit for 100,000 plus damage when combined with the appropriate boosts. You won't get that from a normal fusion rifle.

don't forget no time to explain ;) Although nobody has figured out how we get it yet.

Ahh ok, just thought it was interesting that it had a very high impact on it.

Man of Honour
You don't have all three faction exotics for each class? Casual :p

Hahah, I spent far too long in vanilla Destiny without being part of a faction, so I'm miles behind most people in that respect. My Warlock has Dead Orbit at rank 18, but my New Monarchy and FWC ranks are around 5-6 I think :/

Yeah, I'll jump back on when people figure out how to get that weapon. I imagine it's something to do with that ghost we could fine during the Paradox daily last week. I grabbed that ghost, along with all 3 memory fragments, so hopefully that'll trigger something like that fusion rifles did for the Sleeper.

I do go through phases like this with Destiny though, where I play it pretty much non-stop for weeks at a time, then barely play it for a week or two. It's good to have a break now and then to stop from burning out.

Soldato
I've just hit rank 25 NM on my titan, doing the quest now. 10 heroic strikes, 10 crucible wins with NM shader/class item/emblem equipped.

Primary perk says "adds a New Monarchy effect on spawn". No idea what that can be!

EDIT: ah it gives you a jazzy special effect when you spawn in :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sleeper can hit for 100,000 plus damage when combined with the appropriate boosts. You won't get that from a normal fusion rifle.

I think the Sleeper is a very situational weapon. I wouldn't use it all the time like I would with Gjallarhorn, but in the right spot it can deal huge damage. I did the Fear's Embrace mission on Phobos solo, which a lot of people have trouble with. 2 shots from the Sleeper took the Shadow of Oryx down to near 50% which caused him to disappear, then 3 more shots when he reappeared finished him off. I don't think anything else could have took him out so quickly. It's also great for wrecking those Taken Champions you run into on patrol.

Soldato
Right I'm considering getting back into destiny but purely because there is no other viable multiplayer options on the ps4 at the moment (was waiting for battlefront and beta is awful, mgo matchmaking doesn't work). I've exhausted rocket league and I miss having an fps.

My memory of destiny is mixed though. I quit in Feb after it became repetitive and a total grind. I did pump a lot of hours into the vanilla and definitely got my money's worth. I bought into the hype and got the first expansion played minimal amounts and just stopped feeling I had been ripped off.

So how is destiny now? Varied? Will I hit the end game quickly? Is there much to do once you get there? Any improvements?
Is it worth 40 quid?

Thanks

Puki85

Soldato
It's certainly more varied than on release. The major improvement imo is balance, you are no longer stuck with one set of armour/weapons in order to effective, you can viably set yourself up pretty much however you want. The infuse system means you use the armour you want (I hate the new raid armour, so I've been infusing my NM set with it).

You will have to repeat stuff, it's the nature of the game. It's mixed up a lot more now though, strikes have varied spawns. The new raid is *awesome*. We haven't seen the refreshed PvP events yet, but Trials of Osiris is great competitive PvP and the new Iron Banner looks like it'll much less grindy than the old one.

Gear is generally a lot easier to acquire, there are a load of quest chains that reward you with exotic gear. If you liked the original but were put off by the lack of content and grind, I think you'll appreciate how different it is in TTK.

Associate
On Friday my 293 Sleeper was critting for 106k on the Ogre in Tier 3 Court (with all the eyes down). Not sure how it compares to other weapons but it scared the crap out of me. Was on my 300 Warlock.

Caporegime
I think the Sleeper is a very situational weapon. I wouldn't use it all the time like I would with Gjallarhorn, but in the right spot it can deal huge damage. I did the Fear's Embrace mission on Phobos solo, which a lot of people have trouble with. 2 shots from the Sleeper took the Shadow of Oryx down to near 50% which caused him to disappear, then 3 more shots when he reappeared finished him off. I don't think anything else could have took him out so quickly. It's also great for wrecking those Taken Champions you run into on patrol.

it also seems to help with reliably stunning oryx on the raid too.

One shot from a Celestial Nighthawk golden gun and a few hits from sleeper simulant and you'll haven o problem stunning him. When you want massive damage in a very short space of time, its perfect. Like you say, its very situational, but in those situations its above all else.

Associate
On Friday my 293 Sleeper was critting for 106k on the Ogre in Tier 3 Court (with all the eyes down). Not sure how it compares to other weapons but it scared the crap out of me. Was on my 300 Warlock.

I did that the other day as well mate, I thought I'd seen it wrong!

I'm loving the Sleeper, it scared the hell outta Schnippzle yesterday! :D

Back
Top Bottom