*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
It looks like it's the black spindle daily mission again. Does anyone on ps4 fancy helping me do it this evening?

Yep, I would like to give it a go. What time are you thinking?

I tried last time but I was a bit weak for it honestly. We didn't have a plan because it was just 3 randoms so the adds built up at the end and we really struggled for time.

Soldato
I shall take the third space, I should be on around 7:30-8 tonight. Best technique still seems to be titan bubbles with swords as you have him down in ~1 min leaving 3 or 4 mins for clearing adds. We can party up later though and discuss techniques.

Soldato
Whatever you do ensure you clear the Blights as a priority before slamming the boss. If you don't you will be overrun with adds.

I would say that you also want to be heading into the last room (boss arena) with around 7 minutes to spare. You can do it with less but those extra couple of minutes can make a big difference one the boss is down.

Second room - Tortured Vandal snipers should be a priority as they will muller your team if left unchecked. Whilst there are two yellow bar wizards they are much easier to take care of.

Associate
Massive thanks to Sonny and Razer - Black Spindle ahoy!

1st run was very quick but stalled at end, 2nd time a charm :D 3x Titans bubbles and swords with sunbreakers to clean up :)

Hands are still shaking!!

Caporegime
Massive thanks to Sonny and Razer - Black Spindle ahoy!

1st run was very quick but stalled at end, 2nd time a charm :D 3x Titans bubbles and swords with sunbreakers to clean up :)

Hands are still shaking!!

i told you we would wreck it. the only reason it took 2 attempts is because of a couple of hiccups (misplaced bubbles) and not switching supers when the boss was down.

we got to the tunnel leading to the boss with 7mins and 45 seconds left on the clock on our first run.

if you aren't clearing the first 2 rooms with 7-8 mins on the clock then your strat isn't nailed down tight. we were using 3 bubble bros so we never supered any adds either which would have sped things up even more i imagine.

that 3rd bubble on the second run was perfect timing when we were swording the boss (must be why the cryptarch tells us to "keep it well oiled guardian") we killed the boss without any of us dying or only 1 dying iirc on that platform.

Soldato
Hard mode raid being brought forward to next Friday.

Trials is delayed until they fix unlimited shadowshot bug.

IB drops are apparently "working as intended"

Sunbreakers are being "looked at"

(from latest bungie update)

Soldato
Failed again last night trying to get black spindle :( bah! who needs it anyway. We struggled with the sword and bubble as he keeps walking around the platform away from the protection of the bubble. Though we found it is pretty easy to take him down with sleep stimulant from the doorway. Roughly adding up I think it took about 30 shots of SS to kill him though if you can get more headshots im sure that could be brought down to low 20's. SS is also useful as it 1 shots the blights but then add clear up you do really need a sword.

Soldato
They are Legacy (Year 1 exotics) Engrams. Designed specifically so you can "unlock" the ability to buy that weapon in year 2 and/or complete your collection (they are the only way to get Thorn for example).

Bungie have received flak for both the name (why not "Year 1") and the positioning of these engrams in Xur's inventory.

Associate
i told you we would wreck it. the only reason it took 2 attempts is because of a couple of hiccups (misplaced bubbles) and not switching supers when the boss was down.

we got to the tunnel leading to the boss with 7mins and 45 seconds left on the clock on our first run.

if you aren't clearing the first 2 rooms with 7-8 mins on the clock then your strat isn't nailed down tight. we were using 3 bubble bros so we never supered any adds either which would have sped things up even more i imagine.

that 3rd bubble on the second run was perfect timing when we were swording the boss (must be why the cryptarch tells us to "keep it well oiled guardian") we killed the boss without any of us dying or only 1 dying iirc on that platform.

Aye thanks to both of you. Tried this a few times before with no luck. Misplaced bubble was my fault, almost died just getting onto the platform and panic bubble ensued about an inch short so ended up on the floor, haha!

2nd run was much better though. The bubbles on the boss strat worked perfectly, he was down in no time. Then sunbreakers and swords to mop up the adds with a fair bit of time to spare. Stressful but worth it.

You were right about having the Spindle equipped around the tower though Sonny, invites/pm's left right and centre all night!

Associate
Apologies for what may appear a daft question but having played the original destiny last year & having finished the story & not bothered with any DLC, if I want to get the taken king do I need to buy the taken king pack which includes the previous 2dlc packs plus the original destiny again?

Basically I'm not sure what I actually need to get to back on this game now.

Soldato
Essentially yes. You want to buy the "legendary" edition which for intents and purposes is the same price as just the TTK expansion itself. You will get the vanilla game again but also all of the expansions up to and including TTK.

Back
Top Bottom