*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
So I managed to luck out last night with a legendary engram giving me a zhalo supercell.

I mainly use scout rifles rather than auto rifles but have to say it is a fun gun to use when it chains arc damage (my titan can pretend to be a warlock for a brief period of time)

Soldato
Apologies for what may appear a daft question but having played the original destiny last year & having finished the story & not bothered with any DLC, if I want to get the taken king do I need to buy the taken king pack which includes the previous 2dlc packs plus the original destiny again?

Basically I'm not sure what I actually need to get to back on this game now.

You don't have too, you could just buy TTK on its own. However as TTK is ~£35-£40 and you can get the legendary edition which includes vanilla, TDB, HOW and TTK then why wouldn't you get the legendary edition.

Caporegime
Associate
Hard mode raid being brought forward to next Friday.

Trials is delayed until they fix unlimited shadowshot bug.

IB drops are apparently "working as intended"

Sunbreakers are being "looked at"

(from latest bungie update)

Not bad, apart from the complete question dodge on the IB drops :rolleyes:

Hard mode loot will drop at 310 to 320 which is good. Interested to see what extra mechanics there will be, there is a lot going on already!

Soldato
Essentially yes. You want to buy the "legendary" edition which for intents and purposes is the same price as just the TTK expansion itself. You will get the vanilla game again but also all of the expansions up to and including TTK.

It was the Legendary Edition I managed to get with the other dlc codes for £30.. :)

Associate
Back from a week in Berlin and go to fire up Destiny and the download keeps failing with error code CE-36244-9. Amazing! Having searched around it seems the fix it to clear the cache on the PS4 and keep trying. Damnit, I just want to play on Destiny!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anyone about later who can take me through some tier three court of oryx stuff? I have don't plenty of the first two but never had the last rune or people to play with. Bunch of random seems to be useless a lot of the time.

Soldato
Latest weekly update seems like a load of ****, they nerf'd weapon parts doesn't even make sense I already have none and goes against this whole idea for trying new weapons. How do I try a new weapon if I can't upgrade any of the nodes. they said the fix for IB loot is there is new items next time, PVP drops as a whole has been near useless, I think I've gotten a single purple since TTK dropped. Just confused :/.

Honestly at times it seems like Bungie is doing everything in its power to stop PVP being competitive and fun.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The weapon parts nerf is straight up ridiculous. I traded in quite a few from my first play through destiny vanilla for faction rep but the amount of rep you got was tiny and I assumed that I would get plenty more. I'm now sat here with most of the weapons I am trying to upgrade without any weapon parts. Literally maxing all the upgrades on weapons whilst not being able to use them because of weapon parts.

I cannot fathom why they have done this.

Associate
The weapon parts nerf is straight up ridiculous. I traded in quite a few from my first play through destiny vanilla for faction rep but the amount of rep you got was tiny and I assumed that I would get plenty more. I'm now sat here with most of the weapons I am trying to upgrade without any weapon parts. Literally maxing all the upgrades on weapons whilst not being able to use them because of weapon parts.

Word for word, same here.

On another note, god damn, the Black Spindle really is amazing in the raid. Golgoroth didnt know what hit him :D

Associate
So I managed to luck out last night with a legendary engram giving me a zhalo supercell.

I mainly use scout rifles rather than auto rifles but have to say it is a fun gun to use when it chains arc damage (my titan can pretend to be a warlock for a brief period of time)

Really enjoyed Supercell, but soon come to realise its only useful for mucking about on strikes and day-to-day messing, no real use for end game sadly. You've done well getting it from a purple mind, lucky lucky!

Soldato

No clue, weapons parts is not something that needs to be valuable from the start, we ****ing need it to upgrade guns its not like it will increase my light level, or add any sort of imbalance too the game, what it will end up being is that whenever I get a new weapon that isn't something I already know is amazing I will dismantle.

Does nothing to improve the game and leaves me scratching my head. Honestly at times feels like if we get a few more stupid nerfs like this I might drop this game. I don't play titan but if sunbro gets nerf'd too much without the rest of the sub class ill be really annoyed.

Really enjoyed Supercell, but soon come to realise its only useful for mucking about on strikes and day-to-day messing, no real use for end game sadly. You've done well getting it from a purple mind, lucky lucky!

Still a lot of clean up in end game, you need to control ads a lot if you don't want to wipe on certain parts of the raid.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It makes no sense. Either you will have so many that it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference to you or it will completely cripple you from being able to upgrade most of your weapons.

Associate
It doesn't make sense to me either why they reduced weapon parts drops, but I'm just thankful it's not like the bad old days where you needed hundreds of weapon parts to fully upgrade a weapon!

Associate
So, I had this game when it first came out and sold it quickly as I was very disappointed with it.

I've heard that it is much improved now with the DLC. Is it worth buying the Legendary Edition now or will I have too much catching up to do?

Back
Top Bottom