*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Man of Honour
My nightfall rewards last night weren't too bad. Over 3 runs I ended up with a level 300 fusion rifle and a total of 42 strange coins. That'll turn into 30 Three of Coins, which will hopefully mean 5 or 6 exotic engrams. Those rewards will do me fine tbh. Sieze ended up with a 310 ghost though, that's better than my raid ghost!

Soldato
Been having some fun with a tanky Defender loadout.

No Backup Plans, Immobius, extra armor with void subclass armour, extra shotgun ammo, shotgun reloader, fast shotgun reload with force barrier active perk. Suppressor grenades are pretty amusing in mayhem crucible too :)

Associate
What do people have against Rocket Yards? It is always empty. I've spent about 10 hours in there over the last 5 days and have seen literally one other person.

How did everyone else defeat Stirok? He always sods off before I can kill him.

Caporegime
What do people have against Rocket Yards? It is always empty. I've spent about 10 hours in there over the last 5 days and have seen literally one other person.

Best to get a fire team together and do it. Majority of people have done it and it will only get done if there is a bounty for it.

But as I said if u can get 3 friends together with high level weapons then it shouldn't take too long. If it takes u too long to get him down then he will bugger off and u will have to wait for the next round of taken corruption to happen so that he re-appears.

Soldato
Top tip for finding people to do patrol stuff :

Go slowly between zones. When you are going between The Divide and Rocketyards, jump off your sparrow and walk through.

If you sparrow through and see the 'Loading' icon and freeze, it means the matchmaking system hasn't had time to match you up, so you'll be put into a new instance with no-one in it.

Works everywhere, also useful when you're going from Mausoleum -> Court of Oryx if you want some randoms to play with.

Caporegime

Go slowly between zones. When you are going between The Divide and Rocketyards, jump off your sparrow and walk through.

If you sparrow through and see the 'Loading' icon and freeze, it means the matchmaking system hasn't had time to match you up, so you'll be put into a new instance with no-one in it.

Works everywhere, also useful when you're going from Mausoleum -> Court of Oryx if you want some randoms to play with.

Aha good tip, never knew that.

Soldato
Could I borrow someone this evening to help me get the three simultaneous Warden kills so I can advance the next part of the sword quest line?

Tried three times last night solo, the sods keep moving out of my line of fire and then surprise surprise, they suddenly have shields back...

Associate

I'll try that out thanks. I always get the loading freeze on entering Rocket Yards (damn my impatience)

Associate
I've found that I've been getting a lot more randoms in my patrol since sorting out my port forwarding on my router. Apparently destiny matchmaking is quite sensitive to this kind of thing.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have got to the end of the 300 sunless cell quest with 2 randoms and they just kept killing the knight that i needed to survive until the end and leaving the one that they wanted. *****

Soldato
I've found that I've been getting a lot more randoms in my patrol since sorting out my port forwarding on my router. Apparently destiny matchmaking is quite sensitive to this kind of thing.

Yeah make sure you've got your ports forwarded, at least to NAT type 2, preferably 1. It'll improve your crucible experience as well.

Caporegime
Just loaded this up the other day after an (8) month sabbatical... Only to find my hard grinded legendary vanguard armour and exotic weapons were now.. Frankly, worthless and the world populated by level 40 players. I cannot buy weapons and armour as I have no legendary marks, my stock of crucible and vangaurd commendation/marks are worthless too and I cannot play any strikes and only legacy crucible matches with only experience points to earn.

As a casual player there is no way I can fork out £55 to play the parts of the game I once so enjoyed...

Shame but I feel I'm left with a "demo" again.. <sigh>

What ?

Just buy this for £36. Job done

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Destiny-Taken-King-Legendary-Edition/dp/B00ZF6ZUK4

Caporegime

do you just sparrow through to the rocketyards ? If you do the below will explain why

Associate
Could I borrow someone this evening to help me get the three simultaneous Warden kills so I can advance the next part of the sword quest line?

Tried three times last night solo, the sods keep moving out of my line of fire and then surprise surprise, they suddenly have shields back...

I'll be on later tonight if you need a hand. Otherwise take there health down low, then switch to sword and take them from left to right, or vice versa. Worked well for me when I did those.

Man of Honour
I have got to the end of the 300 sunless cell quest with 2 randoms and they just kept killing the knight that i needed to survive until the end and leaving the one that they wanted. *****
I found the secret to that was to pull out your sword early on so they see it, so they should see which sword you're after. If they still kill the knight after that, they're obviously prats. I'd pay them back by instantly killing their knight then dancing.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I found the secret to that was to pull out your sword early on so they see it, so they should see which sword you're after. If they still kill the knight after that, they're obviously prats. I'd pay them back by instantly killing their knight then dancing.

I pulled my sword out three times in a row before we did finally. I had also been using it throughout the strike.

Associate

If you have Gjallahorn, use it. It destroys the taken champions on any planet. I was tearing my hair out trying to solo him until I found that tip.

Associate
Is anyone about tonight who could help me with the 300 light dark cell strike to get my exotic sword please?
I'm now up to the final part of the sword quest too, I have the arc sword. I need to team up to do it too, so maybe we can help each other out (although I've no idea what time I can get online tonight as the wife is starting to complain about how much I've been on destiny lately!).

Back
Top Bottom