*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Caporegime
Ahh so today's daily is regicide, the biggest ****ing pain in the butthole. For some odd reason I had a feeling that would be today's daily. Not gonna even bother putting the effort in for it. Last time I did, I almost ended up smashing my controller to bits :p

Soldato
I'm all for everybody being entitled to their opinion no matter how wacky BUT DREADFUL GAME DESIGN!?!? I'M WALKING AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER I HAVE TO >_<

The core game loop (combat) may be wonderful, but there was so much wrong with the design of the first 30 minutes I had to keep telling myself that people rave about this game and I should persevere.

The menus look like they were knocked out by an intern in afternoon. A coder intern.

But besides....now I have a full stock of three of coins, back to Destiny!

jpm

jpm

Associate
So, I've returned to Destiny after being disappointed with it upon release. The only issue I have is that none of my friends play it. :(

If anybody wants to add a sad, lonely git on PS4, my ID is jonnychee

Sent you a request mate if you don't mind, gets boring playing on your own. Could do with some help for the nightfalls etc etc.

Actually sent out a couple of friend requests :)

Soldato
Tempted to pick up destiny for ps3. £12 on Tesco atm

Still worth getting the original, or am I gonna regret it?

No cause if you want taken king and other dlc it will cost you more than just buying taken king legendary edition. The Taken King legendary edition with all dlc etc can be had for 36 online

Soldato
I've borrowed destiny off a mate and I'm at level 15. How do I get armour /shield?

Also I have a quest called Patrols 101 that I can't seem to complete. How do I do:

Kill any enemy (ive apparently done this 2 out of 3 times but I've killed hundreds of 'enemies' whilst on patrol?)
Kill enemies and collect x1?
Scout an areas x1?
Collect energyspike x1?

Caporegime
Select a planet and go on patrol mode; it's the green icon on the selector screen. Then when you're out and about, press the touch pad and you'll see some navigation icons pop up. These are patrol missions, they look like they are those cheap LED garfen lights you see at B&Q. Grab those and complete them.

There are various ones, their icon is a different type. Google "patrol mission icons" for more detail.

Also, welcome to Destiny :)

Soldato
Just completed the raid. Pretty nice. Took a while to work out all the mechanics, but we got there in the end. Every time we started a fresh attempt of the last bit, we'd all wave at Oryx as he did his peekaboo thing at the end of the hallway.

Got the pulse rifle, hand cannon, shotgun, chest armour and hunter cloak. I've already infused the raid cloak into my actual nice-looking cloak. All these goodies have finally got me to 300 light. Now I think exotic engrams have a chance to come out as 310?

I also got the mcguffin to kick off the Touch of Malice quest, but that's going to take ages. I'll need 45 calcified fragments eventually... I currently have 18.

Soldato
Now you've got hard mode to beat :cool:

Calcified fragments are pretty easy. Do all the dreadnaught patrols ones using the tracker website. 5 raid ones are easy...only potentially difficult ones are the the tier 3 court of oryx that are timegated as you can only do one a week. They are pretty easy to do with a couple of randoms now though.

Yep at 300 you start getting exotics at 310 (potentially).

Pretty good haul you got from one run though.

Very impressed with hard mode raid. So nice not being an under-levelled damage gimping exercise, and actually just being enhanced mechanics to add an extra layer of difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom