*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
When dismantling is your characters inventory full? If so you get nothing at all.

Ahh, I think you might be right. I have never been down to 0 weapon parts so I always had at least one "saving" a slot.

Arghhh. This is the sort of stupid stuff that shouldn't be an issue in destiny.

Its been a year and a bit since it was released and we still have the same limitations on inventory and a really rubbish way to manage it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if I wan't to spend my strange coins on 3oC this week. The only exotics I'm interested in now is a few primaries and maybe specials so might just sit on them and prey Xur sells primary engrams at some point?

Associate
anybody else feeling a little bit burnt out ?

I'm finally fed up of pulling the lever on the Destiny One Armed Bandit of Loot. Its bad enough that you do the hard mode raid, and get crap quality items, or even no items at all, but you've also got to constantly grind to find 290 + light level items to upgrade any vendor gear you buy or gunsmith items you buy. You can't infuse raid weapons straight into them, as you lose 20 % of the light difference when you do it. So you have to do it in stages, which takes 10 weapon parts a piece ...

Much preferred the etheric light system. At least with prison of elders you knew how much time you needed to invest to get the etheric light on the 32 and 34 POE. Now you can invest hours and hours and if you're unlucky not get anything but armor engrams or weapon engrams that turn into strange coins.

A poster on reddit talked about how the whole design of destiny is greared up to make you addicted to playing the game. They've done behavioral studies that show that we'll keep pulling the lever on the one armed bandit in the hope of a getting a reward if they tune the lever to give you a reward every so often, the mice will keep pulling it. Tune the lever to not give a reward often enough, and the mice stopped pulling it.

I've reached THAT point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...destiny_addictive_formula_detailed_by_bungie/

I still love destiny, I've invested more time in Destiny any other single game (i'm currently nearing 1000 hours of play time)

But i need a break. There's more to life than doing the raid again in the hope of getting 320 light items.

Agreed mate. With myself being sent to placements and living in hospital accommodation, and exams coming up real soon I have stopped playing. Love the game and the fun I had playing it, I remember enjoying the PoE phase as you said I knew exactly how much time I needed to invest.

Caporegime
Just come back to this having stopped playing months ago at level 24. Any tips to get the most out of all the content I haven't explored yet? My gear is only rare except for a Do Gooder V.

pick 1 class delete the other 2, then run 3 of that class.

i recommend titan or hunter.

that way you can swap gear between them and not have to grind 3 times as much.

complete all quests on 1 character in fact get all 45 calcified fragments on 1 character before touching the other 2.

Associate
Just come back to this having stopped playing months ago at level 24. Any tips to get the most out of all the content I haven't explored yet? My gear is only rare except for a Do Gooder V.

Missions have been consolidated into questlines. Complete these alongside the daily bounties to boost your xp. Decrypt engrams one at a time and then equip (if its a higher level) before repeating. The fun starts at level 40 :).

Soldato
Thanks guys. Already running a Titan so that should be easy to do. I'll do some reading as I don't even know why I would want to run 3 different end game setups, (PvE, PvP and ...?).

Hairyhen - Why decrypt and equip one at a time?

Played through the Crota missions earlier, nearly at 27 now.

Cheers.

Associate
Thanks guys. Already running a Titan so that should be easy to do. I'll do some reading as I don't even know why I would want to run 3 different end game setups, (PvE, PvP and ...?).

Hairyhen - Why decrypt and equip one at a time?

Played through the Crota missions earlier, nearly at 27 now.

Cheers.

Engram decryption is weighted towards your current light level, so naturally you would want to have your highest gear equipped when you start the process.
When I was leveling up my alt, I started to horde some blue armour engrams at around level 37. As soon as I hit level 40, I equipped the highest level weapons (290+) from my main character before decoding those engrams. My light level went from 180 to around 260 from just being tactical and shuffling items around.

Soldato
Not played destiny since tuesday now. Got all three characters to 315+, got the hard mode shader and not got anything left to do really. Finally got my telesto so i'm done i think. Think i'm going to wait to see how the next two expansions are before purchasing. Crotas end and house of wolves added very little to the game in retrospect that (for me) they weren't worth the money. Fool me once and all that!

Associate
anybody else feeling a little bit burnt out ?

I'm finally fed up of pulling the lever on the Destiny One Armed Bandit of Loot. Its bad enough that you do the hard mode raid, and get crap quality items, or even no items at all, but you've also got to constantly grind to find 290 + light level items to upgrade any vendor gear you buy or gunsmith items you buy. You can't infuse raid weapons straight into them, as you lose 20 % of the light difference when you do it. So you have to do it in stages, which takes 10 weapon parts a piece ...

Much preferred the etheric light system. At least with prison of elders you knew how much time you needed to invest to get the etheric light on the 32 and 34 POE. Now you can invest hours and hours and if you're unlucky not get anything but armor engrams or weapon engrams that turn into strange coins.

A poster on reddit talked about how the whole design of destiny is greared up to make you addicted to playing the game. They've done behavioral studies that show that we'll keep pulling the lever on the one armed bandit in the hope of a getting a reward if they tune the lever to give you a reward every so often, the mice will keep pulling it. Tune the lever to not give a reward often enough, and the mice stopped pulling it.

I've reached THAT point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...destiny_addictive_formula_detailed_by_bungie/

I still love destiny, I've invested more time in Destiny any other single game (i'm currently nearing 1000 hours of play time)

But i need a break. There's more to life than doing the raid again in the hope of getting 320 light items.

Am at exactly the same point as well, haven't touched Destiny in a good few weeks now. The game just seems to have lost its sparkle almost :(

Associate
Many people here getting Battlefront? Don't know whether to go PC or PS4...if a lot of the Destiny crew are playing it I'll probably go PS4.....

I'll be getting BF on PC, mainly because I prefer mouse/keyboard, for me Destiny was an exception which is a shame because I have really enjoyed playing with the group of people I have met. But noticed over the last few weeks I have been doing less and less as far as Destiny is concerned.

Associate
Aye me too. The only thing I really enjoyed anymore was the raid banter but I'm tired of the game itself.

How's it going buddy? :D

The raid banter is brilliant and was enough to keep me going for a while, but was starting to get frustrating as we never seemed to be able to get any further than Golgoroth lol.

Caporegime
How's it going buddy? :D

The raid banter is brilliant and was enough to keep me going for a while, but was starting to get frustrating as we never seemed to be able to get any further than Golgoroth lol.

Golgoroth is pretty easy to get down if you have the right strategy. I've run about 5 normal mode raids and it hasn't taken us more than 15-20mins to get him down. All depends on what high impact weapons you have ie sleeper simulant or a high impact sniper will damage him enough.

Friday I ran my first hard mode raid and it was difficult. Just managed to get to oryx tonight but earlier today it took me and my first raid about 2 hrs to try and get golgoroth down and we couldn't. My second team managed to get him down in 20mins...mainly due to the fact my first team were all hunters other than 2 Titans. Second team was much more balanced.

I no longer try and arrange raids through here, no point. Best place to arrange a raid is the100.io. Great site with some really chilled out players who are more than happy to help u through a raid. They even have a group solely for noobs lol.

Caporegime
As for destiny?? I'm still playing it a lot and quite enjoy it although it can get tiresome outside of raids.

I have black ops 3 and I've hardly played it, monumental waste of money for me as I'm hating the sp mode on it. Don't care for the mp side of it but such a disjointed mess the sp is and I'm hearing the mp side is pretty **** too.

I've even got Halo 5 and I've hardly touched it as most of my time is taken up with destiny. Haven't got much time for the other 2 although I'm just trying to finish off the sp modes then get rid of them.

Soldato
Up to 36 now, quite enjoying this. Was a bit gutted that on my PoE run at 34 I didn't get an Etheric Light, I'd heard it was guaranteed and was looking forwards to doubling my primary weapon damage!

Going to post over in the raid thread to try and get myself on a few lists for group stuff with strikes etc when I hit 40...

Soldato
Just so you know, hitting level 40 won't make you ready for the raid. There's more grinding to do to get your "light level" up. It'll need to be about 290 before raid groups will want you with them.

Basically, what happened is back before TTK, your level meant everything. Being one level higher meant you were doing about 20% more damage, and taking about 20% less. It was huge, and it was really difficult to reach max level because you relied entirely on getting lucky drops from end-game activities.

The solution? They made it much easier to reach the max level, the trade-off being that level now means absolutely nothing. It's now all about the attack value of your weapons and the defence value of your armour. Once that averages out to about 290, you'll be able to find some raid groups willing to let you join.

Back
Top Bottom