*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Forgot to mention mine was PS4 :) It's really handy for organising, you get a notification when someone posts a new time etc. Probably more useful now the traffic on here has quietened down.

Caporegime
Forgot to mention mine was PS4 :) It's really handy for organising, you get a notification when someone posts a new time etc. Probably more useful now the traffic on here has quietened down.

I said it awhile back that on here definitely the ps4 crew are more active with setting up raids whereas Xbox one isn't so much anymore.

I used to try and set up raids through here but since discovering 100, I don't bother as over there it's the Xbox one that seems more busier. And it's quick setting up last minute games as well, I've yet to have a game where it isn't full up within minutes.

Soldato
Iron banana question: should I wait before turning in the "big" bounties? The ones that give +525 rep? I'm not sure if they're weekly and won't come back tomorrow. If so, I'll hold on to them until the tempered buff multiplier is higher.

Turn those in right away if you will play a decent amount each day. Loot starts too drop after rank 2 and it will increase your chances.

Soldato
Turn those in right away if you will play a decent amount each day. Loot starts too drop after rank 2 and it will increase your chances.

I'm playing about an hour a day - about the time it takes to complete the three daily bounties without doing anything I wouldn't do anyway. I'm now rank 2, about half way to 3. I think I'll turn in the big three bounties either tomorrow or on Sunday.

Had a good run today. Played about half a dozen matches and won all of them. One was really close, my team finished with 10060 points, the opposing team had, I think, 9985. And Shax spent the whole game repeating "You're in the lead, you're falling behind, you're in the lead, you're falling behind, you're in the lead, your falling behind". Bungo should change that so he doesn't say anything until the difference is greater than, say 500 points.

I have been shamelessly exploiting the sunbreaker titan. It's so balanced, and totally not OP, honest! :p

Soldato
Just got the iron banner hand cannon as a post-game reward. Hooray! Its perks are Icarus (more accuracy while jumping) and Underdog (better range and handling when low on health). Wow, that's a spectacularly bad roll. I don't think I've ever seen a gun with such terrible perks before.

Soldato
Just got the iron banner hand cannon as a post-game reward. Hooray! Its perks are Icarus (more accuracy while jumping) and Underdog (better range and handling when low on health). Wow, that's a spectacularly bad roll. I don't think I've ever seen a gun with such terrible perks before.

My 4th one also with the lowest LL roll! Had LiTC the rest were trash rolls. Still no Machine Gun for me though. Rank 5 package gave my titan a 320 IB Mark :)

I had a stash of marks burning a hole in my pocket so bought a primary weapon engram and it decrypted into an exotic 310 bad juju :D

Soldato
Is Luck in the Chamber actually any good for the IB hand cannon? That is, if it procs, does it give you a 2-headshot kill? I felt like my perk roll was particularly bad, because the two perks are garbage AND work against each other. One procs when health is low, the other procs when I'm jumping which I absolutely should not be doing if my health is low.

My rank 5 package gave me a 310 auto rifle and a 310 ghost. Given that for both of these items, the range was 310 to 320, I'm a bit peeved about both of them coming out at minimum light level.

My last match, I went absolutely massive. 17 kills, 5 deaths, 3.4 k/d. I pretty much carried my team. My post game reward was nothing, the lowest person on my team got the hand cannon at 298 light. And then I got back to the tower to receive my rank 5 package, and... that. 2x310 items. Felt like a bit of a slap in the face after spending all that time grinding rep. I guess it was punishing me for using Sunbreaker?

I'll give the auto rifle a try in some more iron banana tomorrow. Who knows, it might actually turn out to be okay (looks like the same archetype as Monte Carlo), and I might get something decent to drop in a post-game reward. Now that I'm no longer grinding rep, I can take it easy and not care so much about winning.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is Luck in the Chamber actually any good for the IB hand cannon? That is, if it procs, does it give you a 2-headshot kill? I felt like my perk roll was particularly bad, because the two perks are garbage AND work against each other. One procs when health is low, the other procs when I'm jumping which I absolutely should not be doing if my health is low.

My rank 5 package gave me a 310 auto rifle and a 310 ghost. Given that for both of these items, the range was 310 to 320, I'm a bit peeved about both of them coming out at minimum light level.

My last match, I went absolutely massive. 17 kills, 5 deaths, 3.4 k/d. I pretty much carried my team. My post game reward was nothing, the lowest person on my team got the hand cannon at 298 light. And then I got back to the tower to receive my rank 5 package, and... that. 2x310 items. Felt like a bit of a slap in the face after spending all that time grinding rep. I guess it was punishing me for using Sunbreaker?

I'll give the auto rifle a try in some more iron banana tomorrow. Who knows, it might actually turn out to be okay (looks like the same archetype as Monte Carlo), and I might get something decent to drop in a post-game reward. Now that I'm no longer grinding rep, I can take it easy and not care so much about winning.

the only hand cannons i see people using now are TLW and Hawkmoon (if you are a sniper so you can deal with stuff at close range).

the iron banner hand cannon is crap. the best gun from that so far is nirwens mercy which currently isn't as good as hawksaw but when the patch hit's nirwens will be better.

hand cannons currently only work at close range (outside of shotgun) similar to auto rifles but reward a skilled hand, whereas with an auto rifle you can spam fire.

all my rewards were 310 i believe that is the limit for iron banner. otherwise what would be the point in trials (much harder) or the hard mode raid if people could play iron banner for a few hours and get 320 gear?

also the grind isn't bad at all.

tue, wed, thurs, friday - play as a hammer bro and do your 3 daily bounties in less than an hour ahnd them in then log off
saturday - hand in weekly and dailies should take about an hour to do all of them = rank 5

then on saturday/sunday play with your weak race alts who you have been collecting the daily/weekly bounties on but never used = rank 5 on an alt in less than 2 hours on a saturday/sunday.

you could by using the above hit rank 5 on 3 characters with less than 8 hours total played across all 3.

if you wait even longer and hand them in on monday your talking all 3 characters done in about 4 hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom