*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
the iron banner hand cannon is crap. the best gun from that so far is nirwens mercy which currently isn't as good as hawksaw but when the patch hit's nirwens will be better.

This is really subjective, I've got an IB HC with hammer forged and HH, its almost got as much range as Hawkmoon very high base aim assist stat, and its 3 hit if you get 2 headshots which is easy given the aim assist and HH. I was also getting some pretty long distance shots off with it and in general it felt great. I've only used it for a hand full of matches thus far but I was about the same as I was with my Nirwens.

Personally also like Nirwens over hawksaw, I feel the Nirwens wins out if you have better aim, such that even through flitch you can land your shots, and the IB rolled with crazy high stability, I honestly out snipe snipers with it, with ease.

Soldato
Yep, you get a ghost and one random iron banner item. For me, both rolled at the minimum possible light level. The odds of this happening are 1 in 121. Bound to happen to some people, I'm just annoyed it happened to me.

The odds are probably higher than that as I expect the weighting is skewed to the lower level.

Not to rub it in but my Titan received a 320 mark :p

All 3 of my ghosts (main + alts all rolled at 310). I've seen a 318 drop as an end of match reward and received a further 2 * 310 myself at the end lol.

Soldato
Suddenly lost interest to play Destiny, have not done any raids this week. Was fun doing new raids and then HM but it's just the same every week and the HM drops are just bad most of the time. I guess I'm going to give it a little break and then come back when more content is released.

Associate
Had to get a new Destiny disk as the previous one had a big crack in it.

When trying to re-install (verifying content) it keeps saying disk is un-readable...

Any ideas guys?

Soldato
So I've been playing this over the weekend and reached level 12 (hunter). It's really surprised me how good this is for a 1st person console game. Does anyone have any unobvious tips for levelling/weapons & gear/quests/skills etc?

Caporegime
1 gun stands out above all else for me.

first match using it i got 35 kills and a 2.38 K/D on rift with 4 captures/carries.

So i wasn't stat whoring and just going for kills i was going for the objective.

Red Death > all

So one match with a gun thats been buffed against one that's been nerfed and 2 kills extra. Yeah, stand out. :rolleyes:

anyone want to know what primary has had the most kills in trials recently? ;)

Caporegime
1k stare accounted for 20.79% of kills in trials

i really need to get a good roll on a 1000 yard stare, using the trials sniper instead.

interesting to see nirwens mercy got more kills than hacksaw, wonder if previous iron banner skewed those stats with more people likely to have it with a good roll

Associate

i really need to get a good roll on a 1000 yard stare, using the trials sniper instead.

Obvious statistic is obvious. 1000-Yard is one of the most readily available snipers. It's also in the revive-snipe impact tier and has decent aim assist.

Even the one you get given to you from the quest has Shortgaze, arguably one of the top 3 scopes in the game, you can't go wrong really.

Last edited:
Associate

interesting to see nirwens mercy got more kills than hacksaw, wonder if previous iron banner skewed those stats with more people likely to have it with a good roll

You know, I was running with Defance of Yasmin in IB, you lose a little impact but the fire rate makes that much difference to pop off 4x multiple head shots when the sheep are all stacked together :D

I'm torn between 1000 yard stare and Defiance of Yasmin as my go to sniper when Black Spindle is not equippable due to other exotics.

I wonder how long it is until we see fusion rifles become the meta again!

Soldato

Vendor roll for 1000 yard is good enough too be honest, and revive snipe > everything else. If your playing hunter Still is also a great sniper and it has snapshot, only issue is the scope is unique so I rather not get used too it.

Back
Top Bottom