*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
I'm new to this game and used my level 25 boost, not sure what to do now - I've just been going on the map and completing the low level missions - Do they scale ? Should I skip them and just move on to the higher ones

Associate
Glad to see the back of the S Class sparrow quest. I was doing well until I Had to win 3 races and suddenly I couldn't buy a win. The amount of times some dodgy physics shafted me on the last lap was unreal.

Can just race for fun now, at last :)

Soldato
I'm new to this game and used my level 25 boost, not sure what to do now - I've just been going on the map and completing the low level missions - Do they scale ? Should I skip them and just move on to the higher ones

On my titan what stats should I get on my gear

Soldato
On most classes you want to get max INT first, as that affects your super charge rate. Whether you want DIS or STR as your secondary depends....but DIS is good on a titan.

As for other perks....for raiding you want increased sniper ammo, faster sniper reload, faster primary reload (for whatever your main primary is), increased MG ammo, in the order ideally. It's worth getting the 'Increased armour for void subclasses' if you can.

That said, none of it is essential. My hunter has a more or less perfect set of gear, but I still prefer playing my titan which has a pretty pants set of armour perks.

Soldato
Makes sense thanks for that

I'm level 27 and tried a level 18 mission and couldn't do it - I think I need better gear, can you only get it from drops or is there a place I can get it

Last edited:
Associate
I really want Red Death, and I see Xur is selling a primary legacy engram. Only got 47 strange coins at the moment, should I take a punt??? :D

Associate
DON'T DO IT. The chance of getting a year 1 Red Death with a legacy engram is really low. Buy some 3 of Coins and go grind out some exotics that way. If you are lucky enough to get Read Death at least it'll be year 2.

Associate
DON'T DO IT. The chance of getting a year 1 Red Death with a legacy engram is really low. Buy some 3 of Coins and go grind out some exotics that way. If you are lucky enough to get Read Death at least it'll be year 2.

I didn't see this before I brought the legacy engram, took the punt and GOT IT!!! Just need to grind legendary marks to buy the year two version! Well happy :D

Associate
I feel absolutely disgusted in myself. Spent 7pm-11pm Friday and 8.30am-7pm Saturday grinding to Level 3 on SLR, from rank zero.

I didn't even intend playng until I realised you could get 310+ gear. Sunday will hopefully see me be rewarded with some 320 helmets and marks!

Feel ill!

Soldato
I feel absolutely disgusted in myself. Spent 7pm-11pm Friday and 8.30am-7pm Saturday grinding to Level 3 on SLR, from rank zero.

I didn't even intend playng until I realised you could get 310+ gear. Sunday will hopefully see me be rewarded with some 320 helmets and marks!

Feel ill!

haha, I know the feeling except I sat my flatmate down in front of it to grind Rank 2-3 for me, now I just race the final lap whilst doing other stuff and collecting that sweet loot!

O29JHLa.png

Soldato
Oh so you can idle for th first two laps? I did admittedly cheekily try sitting idle right through, but got no rewards :D

Yeah I tried that first, also tried the first lap and got no rewards, I need to try just crossing the line when it ends and see if that works, but last lap works. I have 311, 316, 319, 320 cloaks and around 20 helmets between 310-320 haha.

Associate
Yeah I tried that first, also tried the first lap and got no rewards, I need to try just crossing the line when it ends and see if that works, but last lap works. I have 311, 316, 319, 320 cloaks and around 20 helmets between 310-320 haha.

Haha, cheers mate. Cant wait to get similar drops :)

I thought it was the Class S license that got you access to the 320 drops, not the Rank?

Nah, rank 3 sadly.

Soldato
So, today I discovered there is such a thing as the "Ascendant Plane" armour shader. You can pick it up from the shader kiosk if you have all four harrowed armour pieces.

This is what it looks like on a hunter wearing the Venom of Ikaheka cloak, and Radiant Dance Machines.

Low5DcZ.jpg

It's... beautiful.

Soldato
^ Those dance boots are the perfect match :)

I have it on my Titan and Warlock, looks pretty awesome, although I'm loving shimmer from SLR right now. Funny because I main hunter and still haven't got a HM raid helmet or cloak :( my least played is Titan which is also my highest light at 319. RNG heh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah its an amazing shader, for those lucky enough to get a hard raid helmet. I'm still trying week after week with my primary and alt :(

You may already know, but just in case you don't. You can transfer harrowed gear from other characters to complete the set. It still counts, even if that character can't wear it. Then you can get the shader from the kiosk. Handy, because I've never unlocked the helmet for my hunter, but have on my titan.

Back
Top Bottom