1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Jase, Feb 12, 2013.

1. uniQ

Mobster

I wouldn't worry to much about blues/greens until your maybe around 35-36 then if your equipment is decent enough you might start hoarding a few engrams until 40 but blues are easy enough to farm :)

2. LackyT

Wise Guy

Black Spindle day... Does any one on PS4 need help?

3. SlyReaper

Soldato

The main reason everyone was up in arms about the refer-a-friend scheme when it came out was that the old guard already had all their friends playing destiny. The main reason I hated it is because I knew it would encourage that kind of behaviour, people going around begging newbies to team up with them.

4. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Hey,

So I have a weird problem... I'm L40 and Rank 1 with Crucible. After completing one of the quests that the Crucible dude gives you (the English dude), he gave me a reward token that said it would turn into a Legendary item... instead all I got was 4 strange coins and 4 motes of light!

What's up with that? The only thing I can think of is that I haven't completed TTK campaign yet - could that be it?

A similar thing happened when I dinged Rank 1 with New Monarchy... the token he gave me turned into coins and motes of light, rather than a Legendary item as it said it would. However at that point I was L32-ish and didn't have TTK yet, so I put it down to that.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Cheers,

Su

5. mid_gen

Sgarrista

You don't get any legendary gear until you hit rank 3.

6. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Oh, well that's a bit disingenuous :( I took a screenshot of when I just dinged Rank 1 with Gunsmith. Same thing, it says Legendary weapon reward, but gave me coins and motes instead!

[​IMG]

7. Diddums

Capodecina

Spent most of last night trying to get Black Spindle with a few friends from Forever Gaming who were on the more mature side of life so their reaction times aren't the best. One was a bzzzzzzzzt warlock and the other was a bow & arrow hunter, myself a defend0r Titten. None of us had exotic swords.

I haven't played the game in about two months so coming from CoD to this took a bit of adjusting but we didn't make it sadly.

I do feel that that particular challenge is a tad too difficult, an extra minute or two would be perfect, as these older gentlemen will more than likely never get the sniper which is a shame.

8. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Tbh the vendor 1000 yard stare (triple tap, mulligan) and sniper reload perk on your armour is just as good if not better than the spindle, wouldn't worry about it :)

9. Fallen god

Soldato

LF5M Kings Fall HM Must have 320Spindle, be able too play on drums

10. Mr Gimp

Mobster

Must have previous experience of solo Oryx kill using Khvostov and only SRL Armour

11. Diddums

Capodecina

Blindfolded.

12. Yas786

Caporegime

So erm nightfall was fun, I mean I got such a good haul which consisted of....a 310 heliopause cloak lolololol, couldn't even use a ToC as it doesn't work on the psion flayer which is the nf for this week.

What a joke, screw yourselves bungie you bunch of nerfing retards of the highest order.

13. Diddums

Capodecina

Yep, apart from helping others I think I'm also done with destiny. It was already frustrating as hell that Bungie can't make their minds up about weapons, so as soon as you get a decent loadout that you like and are effective with, they nerf it. The raids are terrible, I get that many think that they're good as this is probably their first experience raiding but having cleared Icecrown Citadel, I can tell you that these raids pale in comparison.
    The new light level stuff is crap. You can't use what you want because it may not have a high enough light level and you need to infuse stuff. Everyone was moaning about weapon parts being scarce, what does Bungie do? NERF THE DROPRATE LOLOLOL. Idiots.

Then they made a Banana clash. That for me was the final nail, it was such a pussy ass campfest it just ruined what was one of the most fun activities I could have in a game.

I still like Destiny, I think it's a great game, it's just that Bungie make some of the dumbest decisions I have ever come across in a game.

And don't even get me started on nerfing shoulder charge and shotguns. That was my bread & butter in the crucible, and they broke it.

14. theaterix

Wise Guy

Hi lads, first time on this post :p
    Grabbed Destiny on PS4 the other day, got it with my friend, but only played it once and used the RAF thing as I have been best mates with him since we were kids, and anyways, any tips or advice what I should be doing first? I have used my 25 boost on a hunter, but feel like ive jumped in too deep and dont really know anything...

15. Dredd

Wise Guy

got a email from bungie....

Dates: January 7th - January 10th 11:59PM PST

Details: All players have been awarded 15 Motes of
    Light and 15 Strange Coins. Earn the
    exclusive "Rising Light" emblem just for
    playing. Log on and play any Destiny activity
    during the event to receive credit.*

they trying to boost active player count up? :p

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  16. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Fo sho, but they need some new content to follow that up with!

17. pmbuzz

Wise Guy

I must say I'm really TTK after my 6 month lay off, all the quests and such are a lot of fun.

Just had the 15 coins and 15 mol gift, takes my haul up to 66 and 226 respectively :)

18. Diddums

Capodecina

Christ that's a pathetic cry of desperation.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  19. mid_gen

Sgarrista

That was announced weeks ago before the xmas break.

I'm glad they take a proper break over X-Mas....a lot of studios just grind their employees into the ground until they snap.

20. oweneades

Sgarrista

I have no issue with the free SC's and MOL but why did they have to appear 3 at a time?!

Played for a bit last night but quickly got bored. I must say though I do miss the raid runs with all you guys. Might be cool to run a "nostalgia" run at some point through VoG & CE. :)