*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
A bit gutted today that Xur had no weapons - so I decided to grind strikes with the 3 of coins (only easy strikes as I'm still on vanilla Destiny until my Taken King order arrives). It took around 8 coins and 4 strikes for an exotic to drop - the Hunter Helmet Gravitron Forfeit (I can't wear it yet due to not being lvl 40 but is looks cool).

I always liked Strikes so giving me a reason to play them makes the 3 of coins a nice new addition.

Associate
After getting back from holiday on Friday my Taken King order had finally arrived.

Due to night shifts I've only played about 8 hrs of TTK.

Managed to grind my way to level 40 on my Hunter through quests and story. Now trying to raise my light levels - I need some marks so I can get the dead orbit scout rifle as the only Year 2 legendary primary I have is the dead orbit auto rifle (I hate AR's!!!)

I will have to do the daily's / weeklies for Marks to get better guy (and any quests with Marks rewards!)

Soldato
Daily followed by the crucible daily and then onto the 3 x weekly (+ 3 x weekly crucible when it is running, currently IB) is probably the quickest way to get your marks.

IIRC there are also a few (honestly can't remember) quest lines / missions that also reward marks.

Got to IB rank 5 on both my Hunter and Warlock. Just my Titan to finish off now.

Fusion rifles are my mojo.

Caporegime
After getting fed up with CoD's inconsistent ******** I thought I'd hop in to Density with some of the FG crowd who still play it. I must say that it's great coming back after a holiday. There's still loads of stuff that irritates me, like Bungie's weapon balancing which means that 9/10 death in the Banana are all from Mida Multi Tool, but it's still a good laugh. I hit R5 on my Titten today, picked up some loots like a nice 313 shotgun, 310 gloves, 310 ghost and some other bits and bobs, one of which is Hebridean Thoughtcrime, which is a fairly rare ship AFAIK. I'm the only person I've seen get it, which is great since the last decent ship I got was months ago - the Vienna Singer.

Really getting in to this again. Might even organizational a raid at this rate. Also so much more relaxing than Inconsistent Combine 3.

Soldato
If a monthly subscription fee was a sure fire way to guarantee a greater quantity and release rate of new content, how many people would seriously consider it?

I'm happy taking a break. I'll happily pay 20 quid for a Taken King size update though.

Not paying full price unless it's a major engine overhaul and ditching of last gen consoles though.

Soldato
OK people

I have 2 friends inc me (2 warlocks + 1 hunter) we have never done the VOG raid but are going to try tonight.

Anyone keen to assist - we will be **** as we have not done it before but anyone in for the lolz?

Looking to start around 7.30/8 tops

Associate
I've picked this up again after a break too. Enjoyed doing some Iron Banner. I got to rank 5 on my titan and got a 310 ghost and 319 titan towel. Means I've finally past the 300 light mark, sitting at a mighty 301!

Also got Fermi Solution, the Dead Orbit ship that looks like Snoopy from a DO rank up package. I could get hooked back into this again.

Last edited:

jpm

jpm

Associate
one of which is Hebridean Thoughtcrime, which is a fairly rare ship AFAIK. I'm the only person I've seen get it, which is great since the last decent ship I got was months ago - the Vienna Singer.

I just had that ship drop in my last game and you're right seems pretty rare I haven't seen it drop in the games I've played.

Had some decent drops, 316 legs, 310 ghost (which didn't need already had the 320 one from Crimson Doubles) and a 310 Helmet.

Caporegime
So this happened to me twice last night, both times on the same map. I was in a party of either five or six, everything was going well, then suddenly I became a ghost. I could see everyone, my team, enemy team, all looked fine. I couldn't shoot them however and they couldn't see me, which was bloody annoying.

Skip to 11:20 to see what I mean:

Soldato
OK people

I have 2 friends inc me (2 warlocks + 1 hunter) we have never done the VOG raid but are going to try tonight.

Anyone keen to assist - we will be **** as we have not done it before but anyone in for the lolz?

Looking to start around 7.30/8 tops

Did you get this done in the end? Happy to lend a hand if you need one as I love me some VoG.

I've picked this up again after a break too. Enjoyed doing some Iron Banner. I got to rank 5 on my titan and got a 310 ghost and 319 titan towel. Means I've finally past the 300 light mark, sitting at a mighty 301!

Also got Fermi Solution, the Dead Orbit ship that looks like Snoopy from a DO rank up package. I could get hooked back into this again.

Nice! I have both Fermi and the other fake Fermi (looks the same but is a different colour).

Got my Titan to rank 5 last night but damn that was a struggle. I was playing so badly. Flashbangs plus Plan C rush is funny though... :D

I got a new 318 butt towel and, er, well that's it...

Dead Orbit 4lyf.

Yarp!

Thanks to Sumanji for the Warpriest challenge invite last night. I hadn't raided for quite a while so was quite rusty. The group was really laid back and just there for a laugh. I did enjoy having to restart when one of the team had the "checkpoint".... :p

Funniest part was on the Totems:

"Hey OweO, you get the top knight I will handle the one coming on the ground"
"Ok, got it"
*OweO down* <Smashed by knight on the ground
"Er, I was shooting the wrong knight.... derp"

:D

Ended up with a crap ton of good loot:

- 303/310 RL (310 with tracking)
- Both class items for the challenge mode
- 318 Quillim's Teminus (butchered spelling)
- 320 RL

Not surprising but considering I haven't really been playing seriously for the last couple of months (just messing about running strikes with the Mrs) it was nice to net a decent boost to all my characters.

I am actually looking forward to more runs now :)

Soldato
I did in the end!

Was really good fun. Happy to play it again now i know what i am doing :D

Cool! :)

Not sure if you are on PS4 or Xbone but if you are on PS4 feel free to add me. PSN is OweO.

VoG is just good fun tbh.

Oracles on HM can prove a challenge if you don't nail them quickly (they gain health over time and even 300 attack Y2 primaries merely tickle them).

Next up is CE which is almost comical now.

Back
Top Bottom