*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Thanks to Sumanji for the Warpriest challenge invite last night. I hadn't raided for quite a while so was quite rusty. The group was really laid back and just there for a laugh. I did enjoy having to restart when one of the team had the "checkpoint".... :p

Yeah man, it was great playing! As you say, that was a pretty funny group :D

Finally cleared my first HM Oryx last night, so I'm pleased to have "finished" all the main TTK content. I'm going to start doing weekly runs to get the HM challenge mode loot, as I need 320's to infuse my PVP weapons. I know the time zones make it tricky, but keen to play with you guys on weekends etc :)

I know TehMoe runs Trials a lot, so I'd love to get into that also!

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
I had forgotten you were based in the US. It was nearing midnight when we ended up finishing for me. I couldn't have continued even if we wanted to as I have to get up at 5:30... :o

Moe got me my first flawless run on Trials (although I like to think I contributed) :). Amazingly on my Titan which is odd as based on my recent PVP runs I suck on my Titan...

Might be on tonight completing NF's / strikes with the Mrs

Soldato
Team effort really I'm not even close too good enough too carry people. Be up for Trials over the weekend just drop me a message whenever your free and we see what we can do. Honestly I only get online for Trials then get off Destiny these days, if your free just drop me a PSN message even if I'm off online and I'll let you know if I can get on or not.

Caporegime
Cool! :)

Not sure if you are on PS4 or Xbone but if you are on PS4 feel free to add me. PSN is OweO.

VoG is just good fun tbh.

Oracles on HM can prove a challenge if you don't nail them quickly (they gain health over time and even 300 attack Y2 primaries merely tickle them).

Next up is CE which is almost comical now.

If you would like some super good advice, I would recommend using super good advice :p

Melts them and there's rarely a need to reload.

Soldato
I was also just thinking, I really wanna hit the new content as soon as it comes out, before anyone has had a proper chance to analyse everything to death.

Although raids present a nice mechanical challenge, I feel like it takes a massive chunk of the 'fun' out of the equation when you are just executing someone else's game plan. I'd love to go into a raid with 5 other clueless people and to just spend a day figuring out the mechanic from scratch... like can you imagine the first guys that figured out the ship jumping puzzle in KF? I reckon there was just a massive amount of banter with that :D

Although maybe that's just me :p

Soldato
Clueless you say? That'll be me then! Im still working out all the things to do in the taken king and destiny as a whole. Id be up for trying some of the raids as Ive quite enjoyed the heroic strikes etc.
Not sure if theres a certain level requirement though, I may have to grind a bit more to be useful in a raid as Im at 286 i think atm but Id be interested in trying them at some point if its on the PS4.

Soldato
So I think I was 295 when I first did the raid, and that's probably around the Light Level I would aim for to start KF. As you go lower your damage output starts to take a massive hit; although you will probs be ok with a bunch if higher LL guys.

Soldato
I was also just thinking, I really wanna hit the new content as soon as it comes out, before anyone has had a proper chance to analyse everything to death.

Although raids present a nice mechanical challenge, I feel like it takes a massive chunk of the 'fun' out of the equation when you are just executing someone else's game plan. I'd love to go into a raid with 5 other clueless people and to just spend a day figuring out the mechanic from scratch... like can you imagine the first guys that figured out the ship jumping puzzle in KF? I reckon there was just a massive amount of banter with that :D

It was like that are first run on KF, it took maybe 10hours in totally too get it done over 3/4 days. Jumping part was actually not too bad and I was across pretty fast. A few others though :o.

Soldato

Kings fall puzzle was easy to solve first time, our group took maybe 3-4 attempts from start to finish to get the pattern down and those who were already over shot the ships everyone else needed to jump to.

Soldato
So I think I was 295 when I first did the raid, and that's probably around the Light Level I would aim for to start KF. As you go lower your damage output starts to take a massive hit; although you will probs be ok with a bunch if higher LL guys.

Ah, thats not too far then. I usually go up a few levels each time i do a few of the strikes so shouldnt take me all that long to get up that high :cool:

Soldato
If you would like some super good advice, I would recommend using super good advice :p

Melts them and there's rarely a need to reload.

Yup that or Corrective measure "back in the day" :)

Mid 290's is where we all were on our first runs (unless you were me and attempted to take a squishy hunter through at mid 280 despite being able to hit ~294)

It was like that are first run on KF, it took maybe 10hours in totally too get it done over 3/4 days. Jumping part was actually not too bad and I was across pretty fast. A few others though :o.

Yeah that was funny. :D

I think I can still hear Davie shouting "No No No" to this day... :p

Soldato
Ah, thats not too far then. I usually go up a few levels each time i do a few of the strikes so shouldnt take me all that long to get up that high :cool:

Keep your eyes peeled for any upcoming special events as they always generate some good loot (e.g. 320 Ghost Shell for the Valentine's event, and solid gear as you level up during an Iron Banner).

With those kind of drops, you get to 300+ easy!

Makes for good banter haha.

In my defence, that part is a total bitch with the Titan :o

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not even close too good enough too carry people

Get good bro! Crazy I know, but I heard there was a guy on here who was top 10k in the world :eek: Think he had been to all the MLG events too, maybe you could learn from him :confused:

Have you done it on a Warlock, I think Titan might be the best or tied with a hunter that has Air Jordans.

Haha, man I hate glide. But I'm glad, imagine PvP if they had a decent jump :S

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom