1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Jase, Feb 12, 2013.

1. LackyT

Wise Guy

Sick bro, I heard once you hit top 10K you automatically become "known". Stats are life, got to do what ever it takes haha

2. Fallen god

Soldato

I should start a twitch stream and become #1 on twitch.

3. Fr0dders

Caporegime

People who are #1 on twitch are #1 because they are actually fun to watch and listen to, not because of their skills. Look at gothallion. He's 48th in the Twitch rankings http://socialblade.com/twitch/ and the only Destiny Youtuber on the top 50 as a result. he's not exactly an amazing player but gets loads of love on twitch because people like his voice

Either that or you're female and have boobs and have boys tripping over you to donate and get your attention living out a destiny themed financial domination fetish.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  4. Fallen god

Soldato

What about if I'm a guy with boobs, I mean I could spend the next 6 months eating none stop. Think it could work.

5. Semiskimmed

Mobster

Youd end up banned, especially if you ever had some side-mewb on show :(

6. Fallen god

Soldato

Thats not fair at all.

7. JLarks

Gangster

Have Bungie acknowledged that the game is a little stale at present? I was kinda hoping they would add an event similar to World of Warcraft's timewalking to VoG/CE.

I was playing this game for like 5 hours everyday after the patch released for TTK back in September... now I log on for like 10 minutes to get my free 1k glimmer per char at Variks. Shame really.

Btw hi all!

8. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Haha, I don't think they'd ever openly acknowledge that... there is supposedly a small DLC coming in spring, and a larger TTK-sized one in winter though. (Sauce)

But you're right, it would be very easy for them to just increase the difficulty of the older raids (PoE would be especially suited to that, imo), with a corresponding increase in loot quality to keep people engaged.

Perhaps they're keeping that in the back pocket for when things get even more stale?! :p

Only have a Titan and a Hunter... the jump that always gets me on the Titan is the one where you have to stay at the back edge of one ship to avoid the one that cuts across the front, then jump vertically onto another ship immediately behind. I sort of just hit the side and slide along as the ship goes past :(

I actually have a Warlock question as well; I want to start a character but really really CBA levelling up a subclass etc. If I buy another copy of TTK:LE ($20 right now), will I get another spark that I can use on my account? Or is my only option to buy the subclass booster back for 25 quid?

Cheers,

Su

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. JLarks

Gangster

I completely forgot that PoE even exists! Why does this not have much making already? It just seems like Bungie are missing so many easy fixes to increase the amount of end-game PvE content available to players.

Hopefully the DLC you mention will be good.

Then there is the PvP side of things. I would personally like to see them add larger 9v9 game modes on the larger maps.

10. Dredd

Wise Guy

LOL, game can't handle 3v3 without major lag problems :)

11. Sumanji

Sgarrista

So I think the logic is that with the harder content they don't want to match-make you with random clowns who will sour the experience. They want you to play with friends (or via something like the100.io) because you need comms and coordination to beat the challenges.

But for PoE, all they need to do is add Level 41 and 42 versions and increase the corresponding drop quality... I would think that takes very little work for something that should pose a nice challenge for players.

12. Fallen god

Soldato

Yeah someone did a dive into the network requirements, somehow you need a constant 1mb/s upload just too have a lag free experience in 6vs6, most poeple don't even have upload speeds that fast. 9vs9 would be hell on earth. Bungo has some ****** networking code, I mean a console FPS is nothing new and basically any other console FPS is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of lag free game play.

13. uniQ

Mobster

That's interesting, clearly a lot more PS players as I'm in between both of you as far as ELO @ 1650 but ranked #12500 on Xbox

14. JLarks

Gangster

I can see where you are coming from, but poe is old content now. I agree the lvl 41 version would be great! I think the major problem is that they want us to play with friends, but with a very limited way (pve at least) to automatically find players for strikes, it will take a long time to find potential friends.

The game would really benefit from a (running there here) proper LFG system similar to what wow introduced with custom groups.

BTW I have 1 spot for kf normal at hopefully 8pm tomorrow if anyone is interested?

15. Fallen god

Soldato

All that exclusive deals may have pushed players too go PS4, also their was a lot of bundle deals. My PS4 came with Destiny.

16. oweneades

Sgarrista

How on earth is the ELO calculated?

If you look at the top two players for Rumble on the Xbone the ranking makes no sense if you look at the pure stats. The number 2 guy has more kills, (ALOT) less deaths, vastly higher K/D and a win rate that is basically 50% higher than the number 1 guy (He/she also has played alot more games).

Also I REALLY wouldn't want to come up against that Zigo dude in rumble, his game stats are basically just 20+/<3 for pretty much every game. :eek:

Oh and my ELO score is basically non existent and I am ok with that. :)

17. Fallen god

Soldato

Its purely based on wins. If beat someone you gain X points depending on your ELO ranking and theirs. If your ranking is low and you beat someone with a high ranking you would gain a lot, and they would also lose alot. If your ranking is high and you beat people below you you gain very little. It works for Rumble, but for ever other game mode its BS. If I'm **** and run with the 2 best people in Trials my ranking would shoot up even if I go 0-10 every game. Thats why things like KDs, kills and so on are pretty meaningless when figuring out your ELO.

For your own rank it only started with TTK where you may have only played a handful off games.

18. oweneades

Sgarrista

Ah that explains why mine I basically non existant. I have only really played a handful of games (dailies) for the marks before the most recent Iron Banana.

19. Fallen god

Soldato

Yeah its mostly so Venom knows he needs too get on my level.

20. Makhaira

Mobster

Who's still playing on PS4 atm then? I haven't fired it up in about a month now as I felt a bit burnt out just running KF HM and nothing else. Shame as I really enjoy the gameplay and general banter.

Any notable events or anything coming up?