*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
I must admit there isn't really that much new being added, but at least it is something.

I really wish that would allow players to be able to get Silver in game, even if it were limited to only a small amount each week. The idea of paying for a game and then having to pay even more money for (admittedly only cosmetic but still) cool dance moves etc. is annoying.

But hey Activision know their business, WoW, CoD and Destiny are now all games with in-game currency obtainable for real life money!

On a more positive note, that PS exclusive sniper though

Soldato
I must admit there isn't really that much new being added, but at least it is something.

I really wish that would allow players to be able to get Silver in game, even if it were limited to only a small amount each week. The idea of paying for a game and then having to pay even more money for (admittedly only cosmetic but still) cool dance moves etc. is annoying.

But hey Activision know their business, WoW, CoD and Destiny are now all games with in-game currency obtainable for real life money!

On a more positive note, that PS exclusive sniper though

You can get some of the items that cost silver as in game rewards (I have received a couple of the emotes from the NF... *yay*) but none of the "legendary" ones IIRC.

Looking forward to going back to Destiny for a bit tbh. If you have TTK you won't lose anything by at least trying the content. Same goes for if you have the season pass for Division.

Also another guy from farmer country... (Somerset) :D

Caporegime
Not just you Dredd, this 'update' doesn't interest me. Though if something decent gets released then I am sure I will be back.

Sam here really.

Prison of elders was always weak content compared to the raids. I really can't be bothered to come back and play the same content again with different enemies in the hope of getting the same guns I had in year one, only this time with a higher light rating.

Its filler while they work on destiny 2 that will no doubt be out late this year / early next year. When that happens, I'll almost certainly be purchasing it day one providing it fulfills the promise it had in destiny 1.

I played destiny for nearly 1000 hours. That's 30 % more than I spent on my previous favourite game which was battlefield 3. I've more than had my money's worth, so no bitterness here. I just need new content to get my interest again. Replaying the same content but with higher light level enemies doens't count.

Associate
You can get some of the items that cost silver as in game rewards (I have received a couple of the emotes from the NF... *yay*) but none of the "legendary" ones IIRC.

Looking forward to going back to Destiny for a bit tbh. If you have TTK you won't lose anything by at least trying the content. Same goes for if you have the season pass for Division.

Also another guy from farmer country... (Somerset) :D

Haha always nice to meet a fellow cider lover (I hope anyway!)

I think I may have also received a couple of pointing emotes from nightfalls too. I guess I would just prefer guaranteed small amount of silver than RNG for an emote.

Still hope the patch is good, I've spent way too much time on this game (some 1500 hours according to http://destinystatus.com/psn/Krogothz lol) but haven't played much since Xmas.

Soldato
Patch seems very light on content, I would have thought the competition of Division would have encournged Bungie too step up. But we have 1 story line, 1 strike, reusing PoE, a few queens weapons, and then you get too refarm weapons you had before but bungie took away from you. As a whole it just feels boring, the new taken armour looks cool, but its more of a silver game then anything else and not very promising for the future of Bungie with the amount of things you can now get with silver, when they original promised it would only ever be cosmetic.

Soldato
Patch is relatively light on content but it is nice to pick it up again to play for a bit. Certainly makes a nice change from the Division end game (Neither game offering up much in the way of "fresh" end game content).

Will be running some POE (maybe challenge of the Elders) with the Mrs tonight.

Soldato
Had a fun time running Challenge of the Elders last night with OweO and his missus. Not sweaty at all, just chilled, laid back shooting and chatting. Got two Queenbreakers Bows, one at 317 and one at 319, chuffed.

Took a bit of experimenting to see how score was affected by our actions and taking too long to down bosses etc, but we comfortably completed the Challenge card requirements.

The First Curse absolutely mullers mobs with the Small Arms modifier active in this weeks CoE.

Soldato
Had a fun time running Challenge of the Elders last night with OweO and his missus. Not sweaty at all, just chilled, laid back shooting and chatting. Got two Queenbreakers Bows, one at 317 and one at 319, chuffed.
Took a bit of experimenting to see how score was affected by our actions and taking too long to down bosses etc, but we comfortably completed the Challenge card requirements.

The First Curse absolutely mullers mobs with the Small Arms modifier active in this weeks CoE.

I wasn't mad.... honest... :p

Had a quick read on the reddit at lunch and it seems that Variks only deducts ~50 points every 45 seconds once you hit the red "impatience" timer so we didn't need to worry!

I really enjoyed the run tbh. It felt like the right level of difficulty although I can see with the right modifiers that it would be a right pain (Imagine that Taken Knight with solar burn... :eek:)

Those level 42 330 light Melee Fallen Vandals though. The Mrs was struggling a bit on her <310 Titan.

Oh and I adore the First Curse! :)

Soldato
Probably the wrong time to be asking, with the new DLC coming out...

But would anyone be interested in trying to get the "Flawless Raider" trophy (complete a raid without anyone in your fireteam dying).

I've read it's fairly straightforward to do on Crota's End normal mode... with a good Sherpa of course...

I am making pretty eyes at you right now, OweO :p :D

Associate
I've read it's fairly straightforward to do on Crota's End normal mode... with a good Sherpa of course...

This is exactly how I got it done about a year ago. Crota's end normal can be in and out in less than 30 minutes! Hardest parts are usually the thrallway section (if whoever is soloing it dies) and Crota if you get unlucky with timings/lag.

Soldato
Probably the wrong time to be asking, with the new DLC coming out...

But would anyone be interested in trying to get the "Flawless Raider" trophy (complete a raid without anyone in your fireteam dying).

I am making pretty eyes at you right now, OweO :p :D

Yeah I would be up for that. Should be on tonight or over the weekend if you want to try. (I think the Mrs and I are running Challenge of Elders and NF tonight).

:)

Soldato
Anyone people available to help me and 2 mates out by do a Destiny raid with us on Xbone.
We've missed some of the best content as we don't have 3 more mates to join with.

Basically need someone with a group of 3 around 7pm if you are free.

Gamer tag is JaeSo

Associate
Does anybody fancy a run through the new PoE thing tonight? I've picked up Destiny again and woudn't mind a quick blast through. I'll be on at about 8 o'clock.

Soldato
Anyone people available to help me and 2 mates out by do a Destiny raid with us on Xbone.
We've missed some of the best content as we don't have 3 more mates to join with.

Basically need someone with a group of 3 around 7pm if you are free.

Gamer tag is JaeSo

It might be worth signing up for the100.io if you have diffiulty getting a team together. There are always people about willing to help out on there :)
I'm assuming you're wanting to do the King's Fall raid too? What light level is everyone?

I hit 334 on my Hunter last night and 332 on my Titan. Just need to get my other Hunter up to scratch now, but that's gonna be a mission without any Three of Coins!

Soldato
Does anybody fancy a run through the new PoE thing tonight? I've picked up Destiny again and woudn't mind a quick blast through. I'll be on at about 8 o'clock.

Yeah I will be on tonight. Happy to help you through it. :)

Challenge mode is pretty easy this week, even heavily under levelled. It would only take a minor change to the round modifiers to make it a right ***** though! The only thing I will say is bring a hard hitting primary (scout or Hand cannon) as primary kills are the main point modifier.

Back
Top Bottom