1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Jase, Feb 12, 2013.

1. MachM

Hitman

No worries, it always sucks when some Typhoid Mary comes into work ill and spreads their disease.

I think I'm still a bit squishy for the NF. Only LL 310.

2. Mr Gimp

Mobster

I've been off for two weeks with glandular fever and picked up a lovely nasty that's doing the rounds in Somerset atm :(

3. evilmatt

Gangster

Solo CoE is a bit harder this week (for my 323 hunter at least) - only managed 27k points with bladedancer/tarantella/flux grenades for rounds 1 and 2 and nightstalker/voidwall grenades in round 3 (when the flux grenades stopped one-shotting the adds). Might try Gunslinger next as a precision throwing knife kill gives the same points as a grenade kill (and immediately resets the melee cooldown with knife juggler).

4. davetherave2

Mobster

So yesterday I decided to try Skolas again (only for the second time I might add) but this time solo :eek
    This was partly due to one of my other raid cohorts deciding to do this and the challenge was set down. (unfortunately I didn't beat the time but I did die less:p)

So if you have an hour or two to spare feel free to watch my recording.
    Skolas fight starts around the 1:08:00 mark.
    final killing blow happens around the 1:45:00 mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/je11ymaster/v/61793830

I was playing it really safe dealing will all the adds before hitting the big fury lion but it was a lot less stressful than when I had to do it in year one and spent nearly 8 1/2 hours on my first and only completion and with a number of people helping me out.

I will probably try it again at some point (maybe this week) to just see if I can beat my time which I know I could easily knock 20 minutes or more off this.

5. Mr Gimp

Mobster

Madness! I'll have a look later on and see how you got on!

We managed Totems to Challenge Mode Oryx completion first time last night in 49 minutes and 14 seconds which was awesome. Thor managed to blag the final 335 part of the puzzle for his Warlock too so not a bad night's raiding!

6. davetherave2

Mobster

You say madness I say "enthusiastic exuberance" I did love running PoE before TTK even if I did seem to struggle with anything over level 32.

I love it when a raid goes like that (which seem to be very rare when I am involved ;p - I think I contributed to a large number of the wipes we had the other night and on previous runs). I think the guys are looking to run one tonight if you are interested Gimp/ anyone else? again totems to Oryx usual 10pm'ish start.

7. evilmatt

Gangster

I might be about later, if there's a spare spot give me a shout :)

8. KWJay

Wise Guy

I was giggling like the joker on crack in CoE last night on my Voidwalker Warlock with Nothing Manacles and an energy drain build. It was monstrous! Sparkly purple death tinkles everywhere!

I'm so glad NMs are back to their former glory.

9. MachM

Hitman

Definitely back into this game now. I was running some heroic strikes yesterday and after the initial frustrations of people leaving at the beginning of them I ran a load of them with two other randoms. We all stayed in the playlist for ages and it was good fun. They were both quite aggressive players and we were just charging through the strikes. Good fun.

They may have been tempted to stay on because of the Vanguard reputation booster I had active. Levelled up quite a bit and even managed to get a couple of strike specific drops. Got the Mau'ual's Maulers from Shied Brothers and a weapon (I can't recall which) from another strike.

Will likely be on tonight of people want to run through some.

10. oweneades

Sgarrista

I'm back up and running now so happy to run through some CoE / strikes etc. :)

11. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Got a free weekend (apart from tonight) , and haven't fired up Destiny since the patch, be good to run through some stuff!

12. Phog

Mobster

God it's never like that when I play :(

13. Jae-So

Mobster

Hi we are all about 295 or so so pretty low. Thanks, checking out the100.io now

14. thor

Wise Guy

It's because we just really like spending time with you

15. Phog

Mobster

mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

16. JLarks

Gangster

I have just gotten back into Destiny PvP after a 4 month break, I must say it feels a lot more balanced now. Actually feels like all primary weapons are useful! Although it still feels like the fast-firing pulse rifles are king.

Guess I need to head back into Trials and get my ass handed to me lol

17. Makhaira

Mobster

Any of the PSN lot fancy something this afternoon? Not played since before the patch hit, so still at 317 light. Makhaira_ PSN

18. oweneades

Sgarrista

Damn CoE was a right laugh this time around. Getting a grenade every ~4 seconds on my Voidwalker energy drain build is just hilarious. :D

Didn't get anything to help my light level but still need to grind out the 90k for the armour on all three characters. I did finally get a Dreg's promise though.... so that's something.... I think...

19. MachM

Hitman

I'll be about tonight if you're grinding and need an extra.

20. oweneades

Sgarrista

Yeah I will be up for more. Don't know if the Mrs will be on as she stayed up to watch the GoT season 6 episode at 2am.... To say she was hanging this morning would be an understatement! :p

Its pretty easy to 2-man anyway. :)