*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
I had a decidedly mixed run yesterday. Started off well but was getting stomped in my last few matches. I kept getting disconnected too so I think I was playing some matches with a certain amount of rage.

The drops are great, nice to see them dropping at good light levels. I think I got an auto rifle drop and a couple of pairs of boots.

Soldato
I had a decidedly mixed run yesterday. Started off well but was getting stomped in my last few matches. I kept getting disconnected too so I think I was playing some matches with a certain amount of rage.

The drops are great, nice to see them dropping at good light levels. I think I got an auto rifle drop and a couple of pairs of boots.

We should team up and rage together... :D

Some of my deaths last night were very much W.T.F. Being shot through a building on Windows Court with Tlaloc was "interesting".

Associate
There is a calculator somewhere on the Destiny reddit but it won't too long if you focus on completing the weekly / daily bounties and get a decent streak of wins (or at least no more than 5 losses in a row).

It is much easier to rank up later in the week (Sat/Sun/Mon specifically) as the rep bonus is massively increased.

End of match legendary rewards now take into account your light level so when you see a drop you should gain from it (or at least have infusion fuel).

The rewards are taken from the inventory of Lord Saladman so will see:
- both class items (assuming PS4)
- Boots
- Rocket Launcher w/random roll
- Hakkon's Hatchet Auto w/random roll

:)

Thanks for the info.

Is it worth 'banking' the bounties and cashing them in towards the end of the week or are they set amounts?

Soldato
Thanks for the info.

Is it worth 'banking' the bounties and cashing them in towards the end of the week or are they set amounts?

NP :)

Cash in the gold ones (weeklies) at the end for max XP with the tempering buff and do the others as you complete them.

Yeah as Meths states above, cash the weeklies in at the end for a big bonus. Dailies should be cashed in as soon as you complete them as they repeat daily. If you carry one over you won't be able to pick it up the next day.

Soldato
Just a thought, as my accuracy is awful, I should probably stay away from hunter, so I was thinking maybe a titan and stick to Shotguns?

Kinda feel your pain as I was a long time PC shooter guy before my friends forced me too move too consoles. For Destiny I think its best too practice on either a scout or a hand cannon, reason being if you miss a shoot it hurts more, and they tend too have higher aim assistance which should help land shots.

For PvP if you want too shotgun on a titan you really just need too be able too skate around fast, if you have the quest CTD you should have a solid shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=titan+skating

As for raid like Oweo said I would be glad too help out any time, we dont really take raids seriously right now since there is no new content raid wise, and we have mostly done it enough times that its pretty easy. Also always way more fun with some new people.

I do spend most of my time in PvP though but if you need someone for help just drop me a message and ill help you out if I'm free.

Psn: TehMoe

Soldato
I'll jump in for the raids if you guys see me on and need a player.

I'd even be up for running VoG or Crota although I think it'd be fun if we limited ourselves to 170 light or whatever the raid gear drops at for those two.

Soldato
Crotas End is hilarious now at our level.

I still have nightmares of HM Crota checkpoints though... The wait for heavy ammo, the Xur Heavy ammo drought, The Ogre room, Cursed Thrall when leaving the Ogre room, Crota just not giving two ****'s and running into the crystal room....

Some of the challenges people have done on him though are fascinating to watch. HM enrage clear stands out as the timing on everything has to be perfect.

Associate
We should team up and rage together... :D

Some of my deaths last night were very much W.T.F. Being shot through a building on Windows Court with Tlaloc was "interesting".

Definitely, I'll be on tonight so will send you an invite etc. if you're online. I can't promise that I won't launch my router out the window at some point though!

Soldato
Sounds good. :)

I should be on at 8ish. Expect a peak in my performance at 8:05 followed by a steady decline in my K/D until I hit a plateau where it would better for the team if I just hid in a corner... :p

Soldato
If you have a spot to fill on PS4, feel free to add me to friends list/invite me! My PSN ID is 'Fullfatty', got my titan to 307 last night so would probably be better suited to normal raids for now. Ive not done any of them yet and its always been something I wanted to give a go but the lack of matchmaking/awkward 3rd party sites etc have put me off.
The group stuff in the division has given me an even bigger urge to try the raids in destiny as well :cool:

Soldato
If you have a spot to fill on PS4, feel free to add me to friends list/invite me! My PSN ID is 'Fullfatty', got my titan to 307 last night so would probably be better suited to normal raids for now. Ive not done any of them yet and its always been something I wanted to give a go but the lack of matchmaking/awkward 3rd party sites etc have put me off.
The group stuff in the division has given me an even bigger urge to try the raids in destiny as well :cool:

I'll add you if you don't mind as we are MM buddies. I shall also add Fallen God and then I have a good selection of people to help later on :)

Last edited:
Associate

I still have nightmares of HM Crota checkpoints though... The wait for heavy ammo, the Xur Heavy ammo drought, The Ogre room, Cursed Thrall when leaving the Ogre room, Crota just not giving two ****'s and running into the crystal room....

Some of the challenges people have done on him though are fascinating to watch. HM enrage clear stands out as the timing on everything has to be perfect.

Oh the glitches. So funny, but also sooo hair-pullingly controller-throwingly frustrating!!

That music when you pick up the sword though, one of the high points of year 1

Caporegime

Titan, ruin wings, "THEY'VE WOKEN THE HIVE", profit. Bring friends for extra loots.

Also, defending against the oversoul with an exotic sword is hilarious. I did it with my usual crew the other night, they had no idea you could do it and when someone pegged, they all wiped except me. From then on we took turns to blag the oversoul, giggling like kids. As you do.

Back
Top Bottom