*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Apologies for dropping in on your party oweneades. Was trying to configure my X7 but its sorted now for when we have a proper talk. I will need to ask many questions.

Soldato
Have sent a friend request to you. Feel free to ignore it though if you were talking tosomeone else lol

I will add you tonight. :) Completely forgot last night when running IB.

Apologies for dropping in on your party oweneades. Was trying to configure my X7 but its sorted now for when we have a proper talk. I will need to ask many questions.

No problem at all :)

Feel free to join for the banter / random noises I often make in PvP... :p

If anybody fancy some Iron Banner tomorrow evening feel free to add me on PSN TX0409

Not the best at PvP but do ok, can be a pain in the **** playing it on your own.

I will add you tonight. We are most likely running IB again from 8ish so feel free to hop on in (If we are in a match send a quick PSN message so we know to drop out of matchmaking at the end of the game). :)

Great fun last night (bar one match). Mach, Moe and myself wrecking house! :D

I loved the match on Windows Court where I got three of the enemy team with a Nova bomb and then finished off the other two mid super with Plan C... Oh the salty tears that flowed! Fusions rock!

Associate
thinking about getting back into this, has much changed in the last 4 months? I stopped playing in Jan.
I hear the loot drop is now better, last time it was play KF raid on hard for hours an get rubbish drops. Think im light 316

Soldato
Whilst the April update didn't add much content (Brought back PoE with additional taken variants and a new Challenge of Elders "Arcade" mode - 3 rounds with points being the key target) it did bring about a major QoL improvement.

You can now hit max light via a range of activities. you no longer have to grind an Oryx checkpoint to get that elusive helmet for example. Infusion is now fully 1:1 and end game drops are your current level + (up to) 5 light. Ultimately you get the feeling that whatever you do will benefit you.

Is the game now perfect etc; no, but the update was the injection of life it needed to make me pick it up again in earnest.

Last edited:
Associate
Whilst the April update didn't add much content (Brought back PoE with additional taken variants and a new Challenge of Elders "Arcade" mode - 3 rounds with points being the key target) it did bring about a major QoL improvement.

You can now hit max light via a range of activities. you no longer have to grind an Oryx checkpoint to get that elusive helmet for example. Infusion is now fully 1:1 and end game drops are your current level + (up to) 5 light. Ultimately you get the feeling that whatever you do will benefit you.

Is the game now perfect etc; no, but the update was the injection of life it needed to make me pick it up again in earnest.

Thanks Owen! I'll be sure to jump back on! was hoping for news like that

Soldato
Great fun last night (bar one match). Mach, Moe and myself wrecking house! :D

I loved the match on Windows Court where I got three of the enemy team with a Nova bomb and then finished off the other two mid super with Plan C... Oh the salty tears that flowed! Fusions rock!

Was good fun, mayhem rumble was jokes too using FRs haha.

Soldato
Was good fun, mayhem rumble was jokes too using FRs haha.

Yeah that was just hilarious. I am clearly not as bad as I thought at rumble (although I fully concede that you would annihilate me in a sniper / shotgun duel)! :p

I was annoyed at coming second though as I died in a Stormcaller on Stormcaller duel with the guy who came first.... dammit!

EDIT: Mind you I loved the part where I killed the guy who got heavy ammo, took the block that dropped and killed the same guy off spawn with a rocket! :D

Associate
Damn internet! :mad:

Managed to get on and run some solo IB for a little while, didn't want to get in you guys way with my dubious (Destiny only) connection. I managed about 5 matches before the error returned. It's just taken ten attempts to get into the tower!

Last edited:

jpm

jpm

Associate

Managed to get on and run some solo IB for a little while, didn't want to get in you guys way with my dubious (Destiny only) connection. I managed about 5 matches before the error returned. It's just taken ten attempts to get into the tower!

Yeah pity that was. Had some good games,I was terrible tonight but won more than we lost lol

Soldato

Yeah that was a shame, especially as it looked like we had got past the party issues. Will be running again tonight and over the weekend so will invite you if I see you are on. :)

I'm gonna start running the iron banana tomorrow (extra xp) so will join you guys in it. Should be good fun.

Cool. :) I will have a IB party going this evening (assuming PSN holds together).

Aside from skills, is there much difference between all the classes?

Not massively TBH. They play differently (specifically the jumping) but in terms of "tankiness"* they are pretty similar once you get you subclass maxed. The real difference is in the class specific skills and how you use them in the game (aggressive, neutral or defensive).

*The tankiness might make a difference depending on the in game "moment", but in a fast paced game of clash/control you don't necessarily notice that it took an extra bullet (or two) to drop you.

Yeah pity that was. Had some good games,I was terrible tonight but won more than we lost lol

It was great fun last night (beyond Mach's connection issues). Moe was wrecking with the Zen Meteor! I wasn't doing too badly until we went past 11PM. At that point I was even losing fusion on fusion battles (oh the shame! :().

Finally got my Hakkon's hatchet (well two) but the rolls are a bit "meh".

Ranked up on FWC last night and got a 330 light max stability w/ third eye Villainy (sp? - the pulse rifle). looking forward to giving that a go tonight. :)

Now if I could get a Exotic chest / helmet engram that would be great! (both are stuck in the low 320's as I only seem to get boots / gauntlets drop).

Last edited:
Associate
Having been away from Destiny since The Division came out I thought I'd try out the new content. Played through the new strike and had a go at the first PoE lvl. I think my break from the game was much needed as I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite one of the randoms bailing out on round 2 of the PoE leaving us trying to 2 man it.

Will no doubt catch up with some of you soon so I can get some gear leveling done as I'm still at 316 light.

Back
Top Bottom