*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Good fun tonight. I did enjoy sniping a hammer titan just has he was about to use it :D

Also did the nightfall after you left and had a 331 Plan C drop. So will join in the Plan C fun tomorrow :D

Nice!

Got the Mrs from rank 0 to rank 5 today... that was a right old slog!

Kept getting top of the team but on the losing side... grrrr.

Jlarks - no worries. :) Might be on a bit later. Depends if I end up watching GoT or not... :p

Soldato
Ah not done a bounty yet. Enjoying this a lot more than when I first started playing. I guess bounties I can earn whilst doing story anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just started on the Moon story missions. I am doing better than I did first time around but I got my backside handed to me a few times on the moon by things on bikes.

Associate
Quick question. Should I be swapping out my weapons/armour as soon as Attack or Defence is better than the bit of kit i've got? I find myself doing this a lot unless my new bit of kit has much less stats than the piece I have.

Loot in Destiny doesn't seem as straight forward as other games to me. Maybe I've been off the scene for too long!

Soldato
Yeah I would be up for that. Haven't run KF in a while.

I need to remember to infuse my Spindle.

On a side note the Mrs said she saw you in the Reef last night. She was on my Warlock (spending most of the time staring at the floor as I play with inverted controls... :D).

Got me a "god roll" Hawksaw from a blue engram though so I can't complain too much!

It has:

- Scopes for either better AA or highlighting enemies (same as Jade Rabbit)
- Counter balance
- Perfect balance
- rifled barrel

It has zero sideways recoil and only minor vertical recoil even if I don't provide any correction at all!

The PDX-45 I had before was good (maxed stability) but this is on another level good.

Still no Meteor though...

Associate
Yeah I would be up for that. Haven't run KF in a while.

I need to remember to infuse my Spindle.

On a side note the Mrs said she saw you in the Reef last night. She was on my Warlock (spending most of the time staring at the floor as I play with inverted controls... :D).

Got me a "god roll" Hawksaw from a blue engram though so I can't complain too much!

It has:

- Counter balance
- Perfect balance
- rifled barrel

It has zero sideways recoil and only minor vertical recoil even if I don't provide any correction at all!

The PDX-45 I had before was good (maxed stability) but this is on another level good.

Still no Meteor though...

I had the hawksaw drop when taken king first came along and I've stuck with it ever since. Great gun for PVP.

jpm

jpm

Associate

It has:

- Counter balance
- Perfect balance
- rifled barrel

I had one dropped the other night to, mine got perfect balance, hip fire, lightweight and reinforced barrel.

Infused to 331 and loving it so far.

Soldato
The Mrs has a nice max stability / full auto (& I think perfect balance) one but this one is just :eek:!

I think the range is what makes it feel so nice.

Its odd as up until I got this one I could take or leave the Hawksaw in PvP.

I am really starting to gel with the Jade Rabbit now in PvP though. That thing is such a monster on the right map. Hand Cannon impact with sniper like range, what is not to like! Close quarters it sucks but I have the Vacancy / CT-D for that (I feel dirty even mentioning the latter...).

I *think* with WoL and the perk stacking it could two shot lower armour players (? not tried it to be fair but I have seen ~86 damage crit before without WoL).

Associate

Yeh I think I waved at your character but was quite far away. Your character just stopped and looked around, almost confused as who just waved lol

Give me a shout if you are up for a raid or pvp or w/e when on.

And in regards to the PDX, it is nothing but a beast. The weaponsmith role of counterbalance/rifled barrel and hammer forged is nothing but filth at how OP it is for a legendary weapon!

Associate
I feel like such a noob! Jumped back on for the first time since Jan and feel quite under powered!
Managed to get to 317 light but struggling to get any further! Cant really do any of the juicy stuff as it all needs 320+
Should I be doing anything to grind gear? I got a 321 artifact from the court.

Soldato
Faction rank ups (including Crucible and Vanguard) give you higher light upgrades (up to 5 light higher than your current light to a max of 330) and are probably the "easiest" way of getting higher light gear - as you don't need to do anything specific beyond patrol* / crucible games.

*Note - Patrol missions now give you between 40 and 50 Vanguard rep depending on the mission itself. Combined with daily bounties you can rank up every other day with minimal effort.

Challenge of the Elders is next up and is easily do-able at 317 light. There are a few of us that run it every week so just jump on in. Per character you get two potential loot drops; random Queen's weapon from the 30k challenge and a piece of armour from the 90k challenge. Both follow the "up to 5 light higher" drop model.

Ranking up House of Judgement also gives you a judgment package (past rank 2/3) which offers a mixture of Yr 2 PoE weapons and armour (again up to 5 light higher etc).

Other than that you have Nightfalls and Raids which offer up decent end game rewards. Strike specific loot also follows the 5 light higher model.

IB and Trials (5/7 wins, bounties & flawless) also offer up decent loot but may not be your cup of tea (IB limited to every month).

Finally Exotic engrams can also decode at up to 5 light higher than your current light. I have been netting an exotic every 5-7 burns of a Three of Coins.

Soldato
Do the queen give you good loot? I have 100 etheric light and each gives you 150exp which is 6 levels. Also I would be up to do a CoE if I'm online and you need it drop me an invite.

Soldato
Sadly no. Rather bizarrely she gives you a ~260-280 light class item (not bad in itself if you don't have it already) and a year ONE (~160 attack) weapon....

The only thing she is useful for is completing the quest to get the Boolean Gemini (which you will probably never use) and experience from the bounties.

It's all a bit odd TBH.

Back
Top Bottom