*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Surprised to not see much of a visual overhaul as they're ditching last-gen. Maybe they have some more stuff in the works on that front (hopefully).

My guess is they just don't have enough last gen customer too justify the development cost. Personally I don't see it leading too increased visuals yet, but instead less time spent getting things working on last gen, and time (money) spent fixing bugs on last gen only.

Hope I'm wrong but i just see it has been a way too reduce the cost of developing and support Destiny 1, and also preparing users that Destiny 2 will be current gen only, where we could see better visual and 60fps.

Associate
My guess is they just don't have enough last gen customer too justify the development cost. Personally I don't see it leading too increased visuals yet, but instead less time spent getting things working on last gen, and time (money) spent fixing bugs on last gen only.

Hope I'm wrong but i just see it has been a way too reduce the cost of developing and support Destiny 1, and also preparing users that Destiny 2 will be current gen only, where we could see better visual and 60fps.

Well, there's two in this household who aren't going to be happy at not being able to play on PS3 :(

Associate

Hyped for Destiny 2 @ 60 FPS. IMO it was a mistake to waste dev time on last gen. Maybe this new expansion will draw me back for a while, we will see :)

Soldato
Pre-ordered Rise of Iron.

I'm not even going to pretend that I've had enough of Destiny and all it's faults cause I've played it more than any game ever and when it's good it's bloody brilliant.

Soldato
Yeah after looking back at all the other games I've played in the last couple of years....Destiny is still the best. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it as I think the whole premise of the game, the lore, the visuals etc. are just extremely well done. Not without it's flaws mind.

Soldato
Well, there's two in this household who aren't going to be happy at not being able to play on PS3 :(

I wonder if Bungie will do an "upgrade" path for last gen users to current gen. I know not everyone can instantly buy a PS4 or Xbox One but it is an option.

Transitioning from one generation to the next is always difficult and there is never an ideal time, given that both current gen systems have been out for about 3 years now it is time that both last gen consoles are stopped being supported. (Plus I wonder if Bungie has seen a steady decline in last gen users and it just doesn't make sense to bring this up to date) - I don't think i have seen anyone ask for PS3/Xbox360 people to play in this thread since TTK came out (not sure about before then)

I was hoping that as part of this next expansion we would go further afield than Old Russia but I guess those areas may be being saved for D2.

Now just need MS/Bungie to pull their finger out so we can preorder this/get a collectors edition ;p

Soldato
KHVOSTOV HYPE

I actually cannot wait. I loved the story in TTK, but it'll be really nice to see the narrative move away from Hive things, and concentrate on the Iron Lords and the Fallen on Earth.

Eager to see what it reveals about the Irons Lords and their stories.

Soldato
Moe if you replaced me nobody would revive you during strikes, court of oryx, trials... think you even managed to die on a simple patrol once ^_^ you need me. We have to get Corey, Team Glowhoo is back!!

Team Glowhoo was fun, forcing people to go to the tower to pick it up before we started raiding :D

Barely finding a reason to turn my PS4 on recently and it has been even longer since playing Destiny (I think October / November last year) so it will be good to get back in to it and see what has changed and get in to the new content.

Soldato
where is everyone pre-ordering from? Im thinking Game, might go down for midnight launch or something

It won't be a midnight launch event. If it is like TTK then that activated at the 9am/10am daily reset so no point in Game doing a launch for a game you have to then wait till the morning to play.

We just need MS to pull their finger out and make this available to pre-order unless maybe for a change we Xbox User's get something exclusive, hence no option to purchase yet (Who am I kidding ;p)

Soldato
Team Glowhoo was fun, forcing people to go to the tower to pick it up before we started raiding :D

Barely finding a reason to turn my PS4 on recently and it has been even longer since playing Destiny (I think October / November last year) so it will be good to get back in to it and see what has changed and get in to the new content.

Who else will be the NF carry whilst everyone else gets the loot... :p

Soldato
It was hilarious on one run as Greboth had solo'd Rockets Mc **** Face up to the final boss and was slowly chipping away at his health. Two people joined (I can't remember who), immediately died (quite easy based on where it spawns you) and he had to solo the rest of it :p

They BOTH got exotics (G'horn for one IIRC) and he got nothing (well something but rubbish)...

Ah the memories.

Back
Top Bottom