*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Chris [BEANS];21871690 said:
Ok, has anyone been to a 'launch event' before?

I was looking for somewhere to pick this up at midnight and came across the launch thingy at HMV in Oxford Street, not a million miles away.

Only thing is, I'm not a fan of Diablo, and I don't know the first thing about the characters or story, I just like the look of the game and want to get involved.

Reckon it'd be strictly die hards at this or do you get plenty of people who, like me, just want to pick the game up and bugger off?

I think there will be a lot of Die hards that pick the game up and scuttle home to play it. :p

If you want to get up to date with the story, some great lore videos were posted previously. :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21837459&postcount=3335

Soldato
And on a more on topic note, I've had a butchers at the site, and surely everyone's going to be a monk right?! Much cooler than the rest :)
Only problem, unless I'm reading things wrong, is that monks get less 'stuff' along the way....

Caporegime
No I think the classes have plenty of appeal in equal measure. The only one I wasn't sure about was the WD, but having tried it in the beta it turned out to be awesome.

Soldato
Cheers all, I'll keep looking for a store closer to me where I can just pick one up.

Only reason I'm going for the midnight launch is that I'm off work anyway and I'm quite looking forward to this now, so might as well embrace it a bit :)

Shelling out for a headset too, think I'll need all the advise I can get!!

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];21871721 said:
And on a more on topic note, I've had a butchers at the site, and surely everyone's going to be a monk right?! Much cooler than the rest :)
Only problem, unless I'm reading things wrong, is that monks get less 'stuff' along the way....

Like you, I have not played Diablo before and don't know a great deal about it. I have watched a ton of videos and read a lot over the last few days though so I'm starting to get some knowledge on the storyline, I actually plan on playing Barbarian when I pick this up =)

Associate
Not sure if anyone in here is still looking, but strangely Amazon.co.uk has opened up for more Diablo 3 CE orders, no idea if it is a system error or if they have more stock available, but worth a shot if you are still looking for a CE.

Good luck.

Soldato
No I think the classes have plenty of appeal in equal measure. The only one I wasn't sure about was the WD, but having tried it in the beta it turned out to be awesome.

I know what you mean. I think they've done an amazing job of balancing the classes and making them all fun. The beta really made it hard for me to decide on my first char. :p

Everyone I talk to seems to have a different favourite and least favourite class as well. I'm not so keen on the Wizard, but I can see potential certainly in her later levels.

Soldato
Complete noob questions coming in:

Is this a game where you have to team up with other to play?

if so will you be expected to know what on Earth you're supposed to be doing at release?

Associate
I've been making the sigils every week, but how do you know which one is the special one? What if I select another sigil in the designer? Will I then not unlock the special one when the game is out?

Basically there is 1 class specific in game sigil for each class, you can unlock this for your account by designing 1 banner online for that class. The ability to design these banners for each class were open for a limited time and all the classes were staggered. They have now opened them all up together for a limited time for people to get the ones they missed.

TLDR: Go to the site, hit randomize on the banner and put your battlenet account email address in on the next page (you will get an email to confirm), repeat for all classes and you will have all of the "exclusive" class sigils unlocked on your account when the game goes live.

Soldato

if so will you be expected to know what on Earth you're supposed to be doing at release?

You don't have to, no. The option's there for those who want to :) I think the game scales accordingly with the more people you team up with, but you can play it Single Player to learn the ropes before jumping into it if you decide to.

Associate

You can play the entire game solo (though you still require a net connection), or as a group of 2-4, or part and part.

Group games will tend to be a rush to the boss so I intend to play through the 4 acts of normal solo so i can have a good look around and then group up for Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.

Associate

No and No :D. There's no roles/tactics (atleast for normal) etc, just kill endless hordes and have fun.

Soldato
Like you, I have not played Diablo before and don't know a great deal about it. I have watched a ton of videos and read a lot over the last few days though so I'm starting to get some knowledge on the storyline, I actually plan on playing Barbarian when I pick this up =)

Glad there are a few new players :) I reckon I'd be a burden if I jumped straight into a game with experienced players, be good to play with others at the same level as me!

Associate
Chris [BEANS];21871860 said:
Glad there are a few new players :) I reckon I'd be a burden if I jumped straight into a game with experienced players, be good to play with others at the same level as me!

It's a very simple game to get into. Normal mode has been suggested to take around ~20 hours, and that's just the "intro" to the game, where you'll hardly ever die and killing mobs is as simple as spamming your skills. After that you'll start to work on your build/gear.

Associate
Not sure if anyone in here is still looking, but strangely Amazon.co.uk has opened up for more Diablo 3 CE orders, no idea if it is a system error or if they have more stock available, but worth a shot if you are still looking for a CE.

Good luck.

All gone again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom