***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Associate
Dying Light 2 system specs revealed - You need a RTX 3080 for 1080p 60fps with HQ Ray Tracing on.
Game supports DLSS so hopefully that will give a nice boost for lower spec cards and 1440p users.
dlsy.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Dying Light 2 system specs revealed - You need a RTX 3080 for 1080p 60fps with HQ Ray Tracing on.
Game supports DLSS so hopefully that will give a nice boost for lower spec cards and 1440p users.
dlsy.jpg

Just nabbed myself a brand new 3080 Ti Founders at nVidia's RRP so perfect timing :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Keep in mind that will be with DLSS off and we have all seen how much of a massive gain in fps DLSS had in stuff like Cyberpunk when RTX was enabled! I fully suspect that 1440p with RTX on will be 60fps at least using DLSS.

Hopefully the game has DLSS 2.3 though but it should do given its release date...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't really trust anything BF related tbh, massive bug list etc and Dying Light whilst initially had issues, they have long since been fixed and DLSS has evolve massively really so can't compare DL1's engine with current generation the same way years later.

Associate
Ive pre-ordered i cannot wait, im hoping its at least as good as the 1st one which is probably one of the best games ive played in recent times, must have played it about 4 or 5 times and still debating whether to buy it for the switch and give it a play through on there.

If its better than the 2nd one then we all in for a huge treat

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Pre-order for the Steam version on CD Keys is £25.99.

Pretty good price TBH.

Was looking at picking it up on the PS5 but at £70ish, no chance.

Man of Honour
I’ll wait for player feedback before picking this up. Loved the first, but this has had a pretty rough development ride. Those hardware requirements scream of lazy programming and expensive RT.

Caporegime
dlsy.jpg

Looks like 1440P High 60Hz on my 2070 Super = no problem. But RTX requirements are just stupid. Absolutely no chance of 1440P even with Low RT.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Played and replayed it like 3 times last year, excellent zombie/undead game! Shame there will be no follow up :(
Going to take my time with it and do all the missions. I only do that when I am enjoying a game a lot. Otherwise I usually do some side content and just stick to main story line. For example in this you have those zombie nests. Going to start clearing them out.

Can you give any tips in general? I mean what do you do with the dust you get after burning the zombie next? I run out of room and can’t collect anymore.

I loved dealing with the zombie horde at the train. Approached discreetly, 2 pipe bombs and a Molotov, job done :cry:

Soldato
Can you give any tips in general? I mean what do you do with the dust you get after burning the zombie next? I run out of room and can’t collect anymore.
That train horde is your ‘starter’ horde that the game puts you against to terrify you at the start of the game lol.

You’ve posted in the days gone thread so you’ve probably seen my comments there about how the game plays out early on and changes as you move to other camps. Just take it easy and don’t worry about maxing out the loyalty for each camp if you’re told you need to move on - there’s plenty of time to do that just make sure you do max them out later on before endgame - you’re told this ingame iirc. It’s important.

That nest powder is for some ammo that you’ll get later on so don’t worry if you’ve maxed the amount you can carry.

Best advice I can give is memorise the map. Especially police car, and petrol stations that you’ve spotted. You’ll have no doubt noticed how much of a pita Fuel is so those tow trucks you’ve seen always have a Jerry can of fuel as do petrol stations obviously. Police cars always have ammo in the boot.

edit: sorry for rushed reply. On the way to work!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom