*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Okay so I relented and bought Horizons during the Steam sale :D Only landed on one planet yet, but it's very cool to be able to just drop down and nosey around :p

I haven't played Elite in months, thinking I might start a brand new "character" - Still finding it quite a "lonely" game, as in there isn't much actual human communication, unless I'm missing out on something? Is there any areas where everyone congregates?

Not sure if there's an OCUK private group, but it's worth checking out Mobius. A group with quite a lot of players, where PvP is only by consent. It's still quite rare to see others, but better than playing solo.

Might be worth getting a channel on the OcUK discord for elite players so people in here can wing up. Always makes it more fun in a wing and you can get trade dividends too

Is that the Type 9? 15m per hour, hmm...? Mind sharing your run? :)

+1 - even with 500T, I canne make that much

Working out of Kamocan in Empire space. Using thrudds tool to find the destination of the day but in a nutshell it is:

Kamocan (Imp Slaves) > Somewhere <15LY (2000-2200/T profit)

Somewhere (Metals) > Kamocan (250-850/T profit)

1 jump and short station distances makes less than 6mins for 1 loop.

6 minutes, thats not bad going, an no added issues of being scanned and crap like the Robigo missions...
Might give that a spin, I was thinking of heading over to Maia way where that scientist bloke went missing as I get the feeling its about to kick off over there...

Been using the same HOTAS for a couple of weeks now. It's brilliant for the price.

I've started using voice attack as well now. It really reduces the requirement for modifiers when you've got it all set up.

How sensitive is Voice Attack for picking up commands? I usually play late at night with the headphones on, so I can't be yelling commands into my microphone in the heat of battle :)

How sensitive is Voice Attack for picking up commands? I usually play late at night with the headphones on, so I can't be yelling commands into my microphone in the heat of battle :)

I found it pretty good, with probably a 95% accuracy rate with a desk based mic (Logitech USB unit).
The only reasons I stopped using it is that my Hotas now has enough buttons to not need it, and also that I want to be able to use voicecoms with my son, which rather precludes the use of VA at the same time. I was pleasantly impressed with VA.

Okay so I relented and bought Horizons during the Steam sale :D Only landed on one planet yet, but it's very cool to be able to just drop down and nosey around :p

I haven't played Elite in months, thinking I might start a brand new "character" - Still finding it quite a "lonely" game, as in there isn't much actual human communication, unless I'm missing out on something? Is there any areas where everyone congregates?

Certainly check the Mobius Group, over 19k Commanders in one Private group.

Often find quite a few Commanders operating out of the home system of "Arzel", station is Rafferty's Mobius orbiting an earth like world of Rafferty's Paradise.

Working out of Kamocan in Empire space. Using thrudds tool to find the destination of the day but in a nutshell it is:

Kamocan (Imp Slaves) > Somewhere <15LY (2000-2200/T profit)

Somewhere (Metals) > Kamocan (250-850/T profit)

1 jump and short station distances makes less than 6mins for 1 loop.

Good stuff. Thanks.

Has anyone endured the mission grind to get to high standing with The Empire? I'm just getting started on my way towards the faction ships and can't figure out which missions to do. Do I just grind courier runs until I get the ascension mission? I did a few combat missions last night but the minor faction was sending me to hit a target from another Empire affiliated minor faction, so I felt like it would be very counter-productive trying to gain Empire standing that way.

I found it pretty good, with probably a 95% accuracy rate with a desk based mic (Logitech USB unit).
The only reasons I stopped using it is that my Hotas now has enough buttons to not need it, and also that I want to be able to use voicecoms with my son, which rather precludes the use of VA at the same time. I was pleasantly impressed with VA.

VA has a 21 day trial, so nothing to lose. Will give it a whirl.

6 minutes is absurdly short. I'd like to see proof of that. I reckon you are looking at more like 10, if not longer to get there and back.

I've just done one loop out of Kamocan to Weizysomething or other in less than 10 minutes, made 400k, didnt stopwatch it though but I'd say 6 might be pushing it..

The thing to make sure you do is run the Windows Speech Recognition a good few times to train your PC, the more times the better IMO.

If VA gives you any problems, try running the speech recognition again before dismissing VA.

VA has a 21 day trial, so nothing to lose. Will give it a whirl.

^^ Very much this. You've got nothing to loose.

Back
Top Bottom