*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
It's as if FD just didn't have the desire or design talent to create layers of mechanics to make the most out of the game...

Everything you say I think is correct,

My main problem with FD is that they don't listen, they're suffering from the same types of problems that a company like EA has, yet they're 1000x smaller. You absolutely 100% have to listen to your playerbase and give them what they want, because they're paying for the whole party. If you do that - everything else will normally fall into place, give or take.

I wouldn't be suprised that at FD only 1 or 2 people work on the game now, they're likely making all their money from the Jurassic World IP, it's a sad state of affairs but I doubt they'd ever give it to the community to mod and basically fix, FD are way to arrogant for that.

Soldato

My main problem with FD is that they don't listen, they're suffering from the same types of problems that a company like EA has, yet they're 1000x smaller. You absolutely 100% have to listen to your playerbase and give them what they want, because they're paying for the whole party. If you do that - everything else will normally fall into place, give or take.

I wouldn't be suprised that at FD only 1 or 2 people work on the game now, they're likely making all their money from the Jurassic World IP, it's a sad state of affairs but I doubt they'd ever give it to the community to mod and basically fix, FD are way to arrogant for that.

They're not where they want to be at the moment.

Frontier Development profits warning.

Associate

The playerbase is absolutely overrun with sunk-cost-fallacy advocates. People who scream "immersion" every time someone considers taking a time-sink out of the game.

Realistically, Frontier needs to sell the Elite IP to a small developer. They then need to reboot the game as a monthly subscription MMORPG. It has ongoing costs to maintain the server infrastructure and the development team (such as it is). At present, their combination of increasingly desperate microtransactions + episodic revenue stream isn't generating the profits that FD's investors are looking for, so Elite is very much on the back-burner, being looked after by a few people who care about it. However, they don't care about it enough to actually play it. You can see this in the design choices, the grind loops, the user interface. You can also see it in the horrifically amateurish play shown on the livestreams.

I'm nearly 6000 hours into the game. I love it, I love playing it, I love the community within the game that I'm a part of. But it is riven throughout with problems. What else is there to play though, which is "Elite only better"?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The free version of Frontier. Its better in every aspect apart from Graphics & sound.

I play that more than ED thesedays.

Underboss
got to post in here

last time i played elite, was Frontier (and yes i played the others before it)

just installed this game for the first time, and i am playing this in VR

I've set my ship id to "OCUK-1"
I do not know if you can duplicate this ?

i.e. i hope i haven't stepped on anyone's toes !

is there an OCUK group or something ?

no idea what I'm doing yet, but I've only just did the tutorial and i I'm sure its "horizons" I'm paying of that makes any difference ?

Underboss
Hi

so ive just started this game, did a few data courier jobs to start me off, and did 1 trade of max 4 units of my ship hold, sold for a massive profit

now i thought id do it again, bought some polymers and soon as i left the station, my permit got revoked ?
i have no idea, and no idea how to get it back..

any ideas?

Associate
Hi

so ive just started this game, did a few data courier jobs to start me off, and did 1 trade of max 4 units of my ship hold, sold for a massive profit

now i thought id do it again, bought some polymers and soon as i left the station, my permit got revoked ?
i have no idea, and no idea how to get it back..

any ideas?

Did you wander outside of the starter systems by any chance? Once you dock outside of those you can't go back and game won't warn you before you do, which is nice.

But assuming that's what happened, don't worry, just keep going.

O7 CMDR.

Underboss
just been playing for 2 hours straight, and im still no further forward !!

still got 4 x Polymers to sell

always want only 1 and a stupid low price !

i find it hard to navigate to each system in this one compared to the other elite games (or any space game for that matter)
maybe because im in VR i guess

Associate
just been playing for 2 hours straight, and im still no further forward !!

still got 4 x Polymers to sell

always want only 1 and a stupid low price !

i find it hard to navigate to each system in this one compared to the other elite games (or any space game for that matter)
maybe because im in VR i guess

Go to https://eddb.io/commodity/22 and enter your current system and select "Sell". It should give you a list of the nearest places looking to buy. Look for those that have reasonable demand and good prices.

Although, if the demand is low and the Time column indicates the data is several days old for a particular system, there's a chance they won't want it for the same price any more.

EDDB is crowdsourced data, so it only gets updated when a player who is uploading the data visits that particular system.

Associate
You are looking at the map clicking on a planet and selecting your station to land at?
When you get close you need to get on comms and ask permission to land.

Underboss
im aware of that, i mean, im in a system

look in navigation menu, look for somewhere to trade ,
found 1, its not a station its on a planet, so i go to it, i get close (just about to crash close) nothing there, check comms, nothing there to request docking
not sure what im doing wrong

Just ran out of fuel with no where to dock, so googled answer, found a fuel rat, he came and helped me get fuel back, we had a nice long chat about the game , really good he was

i have a lot to learn and do !

Back
Top Bottom