The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
want to get back on this maybe.. give it a little play, and see what it looks like in 3D.... i remember eve sending out "return for free" invites every so often... haven't seen any for agesssss though :( don't really want to pay £14, or what ever it is now, for like 30 mins and then not play it again if i get bored... which i prob will as i know no one still in the game i think, last time i checked i was disbanded from the corps for inactivity... i did say i was leaving for a month or so.... was about a year or so ago... whoops :p

Associate
Whats happened to the price of a Plex , my sub runs out sat morning so thought i would run a few lvl 4's to top up the bank balance (cost 475 mil last month) but just looked on the market and they are 566 mil..

Soldato
Anyone got any tutorials or guides or anything for this game? Thinking of getting into it, bought it a while ago played it for 2hours and didn't understand it so stopped playing, but just reinstalled and I'm on the menu now, going to try it out I think.

Soldato
Whats happened to the price of a Plex , my sub runs out sat morning so thought i would run a few lvl 4's to top up the bank balance (cost 475 mil last month) but just looked on the market and they are 566 mil..

Supposedly it's to do with people plexing inactive accounts so they can play the Dust 514 Beta, as a result the demand is driving prices up.

Associate
Thinking of reactivating my old accs, whats the petition times like atm, i imagine worse than ever as i heard they sacked some staff, maybe 20%?

Need help to get 3 accs back and no answer so far, been about 24hrs

Soldato
Realy is a case of wait and see what comes though.

CCP allways talk the good shop, promising many things that don't ship, come or never happen with new ventures.

Nine years of subbing with eve, though i rarely play these days, eyes on all the same.

Interesting to see what does work though, indeed there's ambition from sony/ccp, but they realy need to chase the casual space to grab the audience they want to fleece with the micro transation model, 514 might not suit that if it's deeply intergrated with the main game.

Soldato
What's so good about it? Isn't it just a crappy fps trying to sell under the EVE banner

The two games are interlinked, cross platform, cross games. In the video posted, one guy on the PS3 playing Dust514 laid down a marker that a player in Eve Online on the PC could see and was able to fire an orbital strike weapon which then translated into the strike in Dust514, it opens up some interesting possibilities and is certainly a pretty big leap forward.

Back
Top Bottom