The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
There may of been 6000 in system.. 2000 stuck trying to gate into system (Traffic control), 1500 stuck trying to launch fighters and everyone else just wondering when the command they issued 10 minutes previous would be answered.

The game mechanics are borked.. But at least it proves that Keepstars just cant be taken down through combat..

I think this will have a more negative impact on peoples perception of the game rather than increase its profile.

Shame

Soldato
Jita runs butter smooth with 2-3k in local and has done for a long long time since their TQ3 cluster upgrade (obviously almost everyone is docked, it doesnt compare to an equal number of combatants).

This fight was a bit ridiculous though, the aggressors are in unassailable tethered offensive fit Nyx supers using FIBOs to attack a keepstar which is entirely broken.

naturally the defenders use an equally BS cheesy tactic of lag the server long enough for the non TIDI influenced reinforce timer to tick over.

Sometimes I wonder if they should put a 2k member cap on all systems. A 2k man fight even with drones etc would go off relatively smoothly on a reinforced node. beyond 2-3k is a waste of time. beyond 4k comes into heavy heavy dogma lag with drones in use.

Man of Honour
Sometimes I wonder if they should put a 2k member cap on all systems. A 2k man fight even with drones etc would go off relatively smoothly on a reinforced node. beyond 2-3k is a waste of time. beyond 4k comes into heavy heavy dogma lag with drones in use.

How would you do that though? - short of having say 1K reserved for the "owner" alliance/corp which only really works for nullsec it would be trivial for the bigger entities to just get 2K of their own forces in first and deny the other side any chance of fighting back.

Most of those big fights seem more akin to a bunch of angsty manboys hand slapping each other anyhow with a lot of reluctance to commit or cheesing the system, etc. - the real fights were always the like <100 on <100 affairs.

Man of Honour
Yeah, but imagine the look on the face of the aggressor/defender who manages to get into system, warp to location and find himself faced with 1999 enemies.

I had an experience a bit like that one - rest of my fleet jumped out and I arrived on a bubbled gate or the fleet warp was to a spot off the gate or something which was camped at range by around 250 man fleet - then two more ~200 man fleets arrived all hostile to each other - but they all stood off at like 200kms from each other and one guy from one of the fleets solo tackled me and we went at it til he died - didn't even get one rep from the ~20 logis in his fleet lol:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/21521753/

Basically 700 or so players just watched us.

(I don't think he was expecting my nanopest either - he was nano'd and links so pretty manoeuvrable but I chased him down no problem).

Associate
I wish I still had the time to play this game - was active for over 10 years with multiple accounts before I dropped out around 2014.
I still sub my main and keep the skill queue topped up every 6 months - just in case I get the urge to back one day

Was in Lowsec and most recently I flew with Shadow Cartel for the last few years, those were really enjoyable times with just the right sized fights - typically less than a hundred total to keep things running smoothly and keeping things interesting.

Fun time also in the earliest days experiencing the politics and drama of nullsec - after an initial foray into a smaller alliance in Deklein I joined STK Scientific, one of the founders of Ascendent Frontier, just at the time they had built and lost the first titan in the game (Steve) and then their subsequent loss of T2 bpos and capital fleet...

On the industrial side of things I ran a capital production operation solo, chucking out a dozen carriers every 2 weeks - the logistics required to run that was fun. Theres nothing quite like the nerves jumping 4 freighters at a time (multiboxing) into lowsec with the minerals needed to build that lot.

Fun times indeed... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea I played it from early 2007 for many years, pretty solidly.

Love the game and miss it, miss the times I had, but I used to live on my own then I'm married with kids now it just won't work.

One of those games that is better the more time you can put in to it.

Associate

Eve Fanfest 2018 going on atm, next expansion is called In The Abyss coming out on May 29th, where you can find triglavian ships, new modules and plasmids that alter modules stats. There will be an update to PI
to make it less mind numbing and a free SOE battleship for the anniversary if you are subscribed from the week before launch.

On June 6th all outposts and conquerable npc stations will be replaced with faction citadels.
Cyno/cyno jammers and jump bridges will be replaced later on in the year maybe essentially leading to
the removal of pos's in eve.

Soldato
I keep wanting to get back into EVE Online. I have a couple of weeks coming up where I have very little to do for various reasons. I might play as an alpha clone for a bit since I'm also somewhat low on money at the moment. The problem is I can play EVE for a week or so, and then I get to a point where I feel like I have run out of things to do. I guess I'm not part of the EVE community to a sufficient level to join in on all the fun. I usually end up in Jita and then kind of quit because the missions are a bit dull and I can't find anything else to do with my time.

That is one of the problems of sandbox games. They are great if you are part of the community and have friends to play with but if you are on your own, you often get a bit lost with so many things you can do that you don't end up doing anything. I'll make sure it is on my laptop in advance, but I'm guessing the same thing will happen this time as well.

Associate
I keep wanting to get back into EVE Online. I have a couple of weeks coming up where I have very little to do for various reasons. I might play as an alpha clone for a bit since I'm also somewhat low on money at the moment. The problem is I can play EVE for a week or so, and then I get to a point where I feel like I have run out of things to do. I guess I'm not part of the EVE community to a sufficient level to join in on all the fun. I usually end up in Jita and then kind of quit because the missions are a bit dull and I can't find anything else to do with my time.

That is one of the problems of sandbox games. They are great if you are part of the community and have friends to play with but if you are on your own, you often get a bit lost with so many things you can do that you don't end up doing anything. I'll make sure it is on my laptop in advance, but I'm guessing the same thing will happen this time as well.

I had the same problem for years. I've been on Eve since 2003 and played regularly until 2007. In the few years I hardly played at all until last May when I tried the Alpha clone. I then joined a good corp and haven't looked back since. You don't need to be a massive part of the community to enjoy it. Just find a good bunch to play with and you'll be fine. (Dreddit is Recruiting!).

Soldato
Same here, played since 2004 I think for a few years solid, then off and on again.

Found a great pirate corp but they went separate ways and my fun was over. It's always a money thing for me, I don't have the time to plough in to turn over the big isk and it does limit what you can do.

Associate
hen I get to a point where I feel like I have run out of things to do. I guess I'm not part of the EVE community to a sufficient level to join in on all the fun. I usually end up in Jita and then kind of quit because the missions are a bit dull and I can't find anything else to do with my time.

I have soloed since 2004, I would suggest joining faction warfare, then at least you have a purpose and can experience pvp and learn how it goes.
Exploration is pretty good too and can net you dank isk. Any MMO requires a little dedication to learning and sticking. Some things in Eve are complicated
but it really doesn't require a maths degree just some thinking. I long ago made my purpose in Eve and wthin it I can make all the choices I want.

Same here, played since 2004 I think for a few years solid, then off and on again.

Found a great pirate corp but they went separate ways and my fun was over. It's always a money thing for me, I don't have the time to plough in to turn over the big isk and it does limit what you can do.

Honestly isk is easier than ever to make in Eve, faction warfare for lp, exploration for relic sites in wormholes/null. I could even afford a citadel recently [running it is another matter]. Prancing around low-sec and finding loot from other players blown up ships, using probes to find free drones scattered around and so forth.

Man of Honour
I don't have the time to plough in to turn over the big isk and it does limit what you can do.

Large part of why I stopped playing - to justify the time I'd have to plough into the game I needed to be able to plan things long term for it to pay off but CCP unendingly seem to mess around with established mechanics or make far reaching changes over small issues or approach issues in an indiscriminate way that negatively only affect one part of the game but the changes have collateral impact far wider, etc. etc. for me to justify spending the money or time on the game :( there are a lot of other games I'd rather play to get a quick fix or if I was interested in flavour of the month, etc.

Associate
yoiks. Just resubbed after 6 years. Finally finding the time again.

Is the corp still running? I think I may well as be a new player after all this time...

Man of Honour
LOL loaded the game up earlier for the first time in ages - 99% of my ship fits are broke to all ****, got capitals all over in places they can't normally go and modules that seem stuck in a state between how they used to be and the new replacements or changed versions, etc. heh.

Back
Top Bottom